This is the worst *fat* remark I have ever heard

I used to get called horrendous things as a kid. From my first day at primary school, I always wonder whether it was the cruelty that caused the overeating or vice versa. Just a never ending chain I suppose. :confused:

I was called Paki as a child, now I'm not offended by that but by the fact of the ignorance behind it...my mother is From Connemara in Ireland and my father is from South Africa!

I was simply a very tanned child with black hair to my bum!

Some people have been dragged up to be small minded bigots.

Shirleen said:
I was called Paki as a child, now I'm not offended by that but by the fact of the ignorance behind it...my mother is From Connemara in Ireland and my father is from South Africa!

Totally off topic but that's so weird I'd never heard of Connemara until earlier today when it featured in the book I'm reading. What a coincidence lol x

Some people are so ridiculous. I actually pity them a bit. Just think of everything they're missing out on in life because they're so narrow-minded and afraid of people and things they don't understand.

Totally off topic but that's so weird I'd never heard of Connemara until earlier today when it featured in the book I'm reading. What a coincidence lol x

Oh Starlight !!!!!

Never heard of beautiful Connemara ponies !!!!

ardbearbelle.jpg

But then why should you unless you are as daft as me lol :D

the comments some people come out with astound me! like people have said, they're just jealous and bigoted!

I could think of worse people to win the lottery - drug addicts perhaps? But fat people? Just why?

I'm not even sure I could come up with a justification for anyone 'not deserving' to win the lottery. If nothing else because its a pure game of chance and has nothing to do with your personal circumstances.

Besides, if a drug addict won they would at least be able to buy the good stuff, be less likely to require medical intervention and be less likely to steal to fund their habit, so not necessarily a bad thing all round if they won?

Oh Starlight !!!!!

Never heard of beautiful Connemara ponies !!!!

ardbearbelle.jpg

But then why should you unless you are as daft as me lol :D

when i was at my riding school, they used to do questions and answers just so that you had a bit of knowledge about horses and we had to know all the native breeds for us.
We also learnt the 3 foundation breeds and for the life of me i cannot remember them all, probably got these wrong too;
Barley Turk
Godolphin Arabian

what is the last one

he he just googled it;
The original 3 were the Darley Arabian, the Byerley Turk, and the Godolphin Arabian. They were foreign warhorses, already bred for power and speed, but not fine-tuned for racing. A few generations of breeding led to 3 sires that would truly define the Thoroughbred for centuries to come – Matchem, Eclipse, and Herod. All modern Thoroughbreds trace their lineage back to these foundation sires.

I'm not even sure I could come up with a justification for anyone 'not deserving' to win the lottery. If nothing else because its a pure game of chance and has nothing to do with your personal circumstances.

Besides, if a drug addict won they would at least be able to buy the good stuff, be less likely to require medical intervention and be less likely to steal to fund their habit, so not necessarily a bad thing all round if they won?

I do agree with you in principle but have to admit to seeing red when a *prisoner* out in bail hostel, bought a ticket and on 7.000.000.

BBC NEWS | UK | Rapist scoops £7m on Lotto Extra

I thought the whole idea of a penal sentence was to have your liberty taken of you. Not being out and able to buy lottery tickets.

But that is a whole new topic :)

I do agree with you in principle but have to admit to seeing red when a *prisoner* out in bail hostel, bought a ticket and on 7.000.000.

BBC NEWS | UK | Rapist scoops £7m on Lotto Extra

I thought the whole idea of a penal sentence was to have your liberty taken of you. Not being out and able to buy lottery tickets.

But that is a whole new topic :)

Actually agree with you on that one Sue. I thought you couldn't buy one if you were a criminal who was in jail:confused:.

Still, the thought of someone not being deserving of the moneyt because they are fat is completely abhorent to me.

Did anyone see Top Gear last night? Mr Clarkson made a comment about how they would need to loose weight before they spent all their money on fast cars. Wanted to throw stuff at the telly.

Actually agree with you on that one Sue. I thought you couldn't buy one if you were a criminal who was in jail:confused:.

Still, the thought of someone not being deserving of the money because they are fat is completely abhorrent to me.

Did anyone see Top Gear last night? Mr Clarkson made a comment about how they would need to loose weight before they spent all their money on fast cars. Wanted to throw stuff at the telly.

They are not allowed to do the football pools and they are not allowed to buy premium bonds but they can buy lottery tickets........ give the the strength to understand this bit of idiocy.

How dare he make a comment like that. That is unforgivable on a T.V. show. That is unforgivable full stop but for someone like him to say it publicly is disgusting.

A bit pot & kettle don't you think?!?

I personally call him a lot of things but 'Mr' would never be one of them! I find him obnoxious & so overtly supercilious that I just want to slap him. It's not the first time he's come out with such a 'gem' & you can bet your last kit-kat that it won't be the last.

Minimunchkins said:
A bit pot & kettle don't you think?!?

I personally call him a lot of things but 'Mr' would never be one of them! I find him obnoxious & so overtly supercilious that I just want to slap him. It's not the first time he's come out with such a 'gem' & you can bet your last kit-kat that it won't be the last.

He actually then made a comment about people in glass houses in fairness to him, but i couldn't agree more with your assesment of him

Back