This is usually the most motivating forum I have ever experienced

Theresa6

Silver Member
However today, it has demotivated me.

Sorry if that upsets anyone.

I can back off my hols knowing the journey would be difficult but that everyone (?) here would help me along.

Today shattered my illusion that this forum was different to any other I have experienced.

Please everyone, we are all so different. I came back here on day 2 of restart and entered WW3.

I am now 'not' enjoying a glass of vino 'cos until this time I was too scared to come back here and post!

I dont mean offence to anyone but my friend has always said my 'rose tinted glasses' are crazy and I always try too hard not to offend.

Please lets all be friends........... (and yes the vino may well be talking!)

Sorry guys!

Please everyone, we are all so different. I came back here on day 2 of restart and entered WW3.

Hi Theresa , Sorry to hear you feel like this. Where did you get the hassle ???? cant find any WW3 posts or am I blind. Dont let it get to you anyway girl . We are all still here to support you and well done for restarting.

I agree, 100%, I missed last nights events but this morning ive gone from being someone who was cheered on, inspired and motivated by this forum, I've now realised this forum is full of the same old daft arguments as any other and each thread.

Anyway, day 10 on LT, doing great, but wont be back on here!!

one thread does not a whole forum make, guys!

we all make decisions on what to post, on what to reply to - or not. that's up to us as individuals and we are all entitled to our opinions.

Theresa and colette i hope you're getting back on the LT train - regardless of the opinions of some forum members, LT works, it really does! I hope you wouldn't let someone's opinion you don't know ruin the good work you could achieve on LT...

Think about it. The plan works. Just stick to it and you WILL get results :)

I think i must have missed that thread, i have had nothing but support, people dont mean to lecture, but merely inform, educate and steer you in the right direction, sometimes we all need a kick up the backside for our own good!

Wheres the WW3 thread??

Ive only experienced one on here before!

Yeah, where?

We are all curious to know what the 'WW3' thread is? I have been reading most threads in this forum and have found nothing but nice people being very supportive of others - it's pretty much a virtual group hug! :confused:

LOL! I posted once on it and let the storm weather on without me as it turned into a battle between a few 'newbies' (no offence to other newbies intended!) that got nasty. Teresa- you're on here long enough to know that we can post what we like about or failures or successes and no-one will (usually!) bat an eyelid!
As Elle-emm said- don't let one thread colour your enthusiasm for posting- we all need to hear about peoples struggles and success so that we can ALL be inspired to stick at it!
I hope you had a great holiday, and welcome back!

Theresa

Please dont be demotivated, like you I went away too and took a small break from TFR which is completely acceptable. I think that thread was taken completely out of context, which resulted in people feeling offended and somehow victimised even though that was not the case. It was just someone stating their opinion which we are all entitled to, but perhaps on a support forum (which this is) was not the best idea. I dont want people on here to feel outcasted on either side of the opinion, so lets just put this behind us now guys and move forward and support eachother like we usually do.

Dont take heart, your doing so well, and yes lets all support eachother as that what the thread is for.
Keep your chin up hun xx

I think threads like that are best left in the past - let's concentrate on the here and now and ALL of our future successes :)

this IS a great forum - I still feel like a new inexperienced LT-er sometimes, can't believe i've been here as long as i have. This forum has been utterly integral to my success and i'm sure many others will say the same.

Please don't anyone be discouraged from posting. You WILL find a massive encouragement and support here.

Ahhh

Found it - yep that's one best closed and forgotten about :D

I think that thread was taken completely out of context, which resulted in people feeling offended and somehow victimised even though that was not the case.

As J-Lo said this is exactly what happened. Alot of people agreed with it and alot of people did not. However it did get out of hand and the intended topic was disregarded so it was closed. Everyone has their own opinions. I was the one that posted and now I feel like never posting because I have found that people abuse and attack people who have opinions other then of their own. I was called names and there was verbal attacks.

I just dont think that people have the right to become bullys when something mentioned strucks a cord with them.

If you are truly motivated then dont let my opinion or of those who got nasty to get in the way of your journey.

I congratulate everyone on past, present and future losses as I wont be taking part in posts of any kind anymore.

Plea from relative newbie...

Hey Jesi - you must accept the fact that your post itself appeared quite bullying to some people although you obviously didn't mean it to be! Text communication of this kind can be very difficult when there's no posture or facial expression to modify the words - two people can read the same communication in completely opposite ways.

People didn't attack you so much as 'aggressively defend' themselves against what they 'saw' as a personal attack - it's all about perception.

Your contributions are as valuable as any and maybe more than some (cryptic compliment there) so please don't go! :hug99:

Last edited:
Please don't let somebody elses opinions put you down or off your diet plan I have come back off my 4 week hols and have put a stone on so now I have to do the hard work all over again, but I had a brill holiday and went to some great parties and don't regret any of it. SO please try not to let other people upset you with their very blunt opinions. Onward and downwards (in weight not motivation) Good luck with getting back on track.

i dont think anyone should leave...everyone just gets worked up sometimes and things get blown out of proportion

when times are tough and whatever the problem you will always get support off the mini's.

ive had non diet stuff and posted about it on here and responses and people willing to listen and give advice has always been fantastic.

they give me a kick up the bum when i need it, cheering up when im down and praise when ive done well.

dont let one silly thread put you off, so please stayyyy!

Hey guys,

I never said I was leaving but that yesterday it was hard to re-post on here.

After reading some posts on the 'WW3' thread I felt upset, annoyed but the over-riding feeling was guilt. I have posted in the last few days of my return from hols after coming off LT. I toyed with what to do about my hols for ages as some of you 'oldies' might remember, in the end I did about 14 days of re-feed followed by healthy eating but not nessecarily drinking whilst away. I have also posted in the past about how I started to enjoy cooking again and some of the wonderful foods I cooked. I felt (and still do feel) guilt as I didnt realise I was 'teasing' or being 'cruel' in any way. For me it was part of my therapy.

Anyway, enough said. I am still about, would never leave but be more concious of what I might post!!

Hey guys,

I never said I was leaving but that yesterday it was hard to re-post on here.

After reading some posts on the 'WW3' thread I felt upset, annoyed but the over-riding feeling was guilt. I have posted in the last few days of my return from hols after coming off LT. I toyed with what to do about my hols for ages as some of you 'oldies' might remember, in the end I did about 14 days of re-feed followed by healthy eating but not nessecarily drinking whilst away. I have also posted in the past about how I started to enjoy cooking again and some of the wonderful foods I cooked. I felt (and still do feel) guilt as I didnt realise I was 'teasing' or being 'cruel' in any way. For me it was part of my therapy.

Anyway, enough said. I am still about, would never leave but be more concious of what I might post!!

never hold back on what you need to post, aslong as you dont aim something at someone like been mean, racist etc (im not saying you would ever do this just trying to think of examples :))

what ever helps you get along whether it be posting about cooking aslong as it helps you with your weightloss and helps you stick to the diet post away.

if you dont like something just dont reply :p

Hiya, sorry you had bad experience, hope you are okay now
xxxxxxxx

OMG whats going on? Hope everyone is over whatever this ww3 thing is.
We all fall off the wagon every now and then, we are only human but this forum is usually such a safe place to come and be honest about our food problems and get the support we need from people in the same position.
Please everyone don't stop posting your feelings and demons. I have been on and off here since March and it is the place that gets me back on the straight and narrow when things get hard. Its a long journey for most of us and we need each other xxx

Back