This time it's for good - really!

Chewycats

Hello fellow minimins!
I am a serial slimming world-er. I first joined back in 2011 when I lost 1.5 stone! I then went away for the weekend with my now husband and went completely off the rails. I have tried again SEVERAL times since, and always gave up after a week. I lost my mum, got a new job, got married ETC ETC so there has never been a "right time" but now it is! I can feel it in my bones. I have been doing slimming world from home for about 4 weeks now and lost 6lb it could have been more but all of a sudden I seemed to gain a social life when I started trying to eat properly, so have been a few alcohol fueled weekends lately, but I'm happy as long as it's coming off! I'm not being too harsh on myself this time, if I mess up once it dosnt mean I should give up for good, it's just one day! I would ideally like to be a few sizes smaller by my 25th birthday in July. I want to be more energised to play with my little boy and just feel good about myself! I spent a lot of time with depression and anxiety and eating my feelings but I'm feeling so much better and want to make the most of it.
I can do it this time!
Today is way day, last week I weighed 13.3stone so will check in later today to let you know the verdict. I would like to get to around 10.7 and see how I go from there.
I will post food diary and updates as much as poss if people are interested.

So far today I have eaten -
Breakfast - WW Petit Pain (HEb) with 2 Linda Mccartney red onion sausages, 3 syns of marge.
Lunch - Chow Mein naked noodle pot (1 syn), fruit salad containing pineapple, melon, grapes & kiwi
Midday office snacks - Apple, plum, clementine
Dinner will be Syn free spaghetti bolognese with HEa cheese on top
Will probabily have a packet of quavers (4 syns) and a muller goodies yog (2.5 syns) tonight while watching tv

Hope you enjoy following my journey and lets do it this time!

So, I lost 1lb on mondays weigh in! wahey!
Yesterday (Tuesday) however, I came home really stressed, been mega busy at work at just felt the most stressed I have felt in ages. I ordered a pizza and chips from the takeaway and scoffed the lot because I really fancied it and just didnt have the energy to cook. It was lazy, I have naked noodles, mugshots, stuff in the freezer that I could easily rustle up a quick meal with, but moving off the sofa just wasnt an option.
I am STRAIGHT back on it today though! Not letting one meal get the better of me.
Breakfast was fruit salad (melon, pineapple, grapes & kiwi)
Lunch will be Ham salad (2 slices of ham, lettuce, cabbage, carrot), muller light & a clementine.
Midday snacks are an apple and a banana and a plum (I keep these on my desk at work incase I get peckish)
Dinner will be ww wrap (HEb) with bbq chicken (free), salad, mushrooms, onions, peppers & sweet potato chips :)
Will have an options hot choc later for 2.5 syns and use my HEa milk allowance.

Have a fantastic day!

Katie

Hello again. Not sure if anyone actually reads this but it will be good to look back on :rolleyes:
Yesterday (14/04/2016) meals were:
Breakfast : 3 eggs fried in frylight, with 3 slices of small crustless wholemeal loaf (HEb), and 2 syns of flora light
Lunch : Salad of lettuce, carrot, red green & yellow pepper & chicken breast chunks - I also had a banana, plum, some grapes, a clementine and a small apple throughout the day at work
Dinner : SW chips, 2 tesco lighter cumberland sausages (2 syns), baked beans, mushrooms & red onions
Evening snacks : Mini galaxy ripple (4.5 syns) pack of velvet crunch crisps (4 syns)
total syns for the day = 12.5

Ideally supposed to be staying under 10 syns because of the takeaway the other day, but I couldnt resist some small treats last night.

Movie night tonight, so trying to find some low syn popcorn to have, my little boy will be sad if I don't have popcorn with him and I don't like him to know i'm on a "diet" as such.

Hope you're all doing well this week.

Katie

Hi Katie! Well done on all your hard work so far and getting straight back on it after the takeaway :)

I too have just returned to Slimming World, so I will check in on you. We can definitely do it this time :)

Have a lovely weekend :)

Hi Katie! Well done on all your hard work so far and getting straight back on it after the takeaway :)

I too have just returned to Slimming World, so I will check in on you. We can definitely do it this time :)

Have a lovely weekend :)

Thank you! We certainly can do it this time :character00116::eatdrink051:

Good luck on your new journey and enjoy your weekend too :)

Katie

Hi there!! IVe been lurking and reading your progress :) welcome and congrats on the great start!

I eat metcalfes skinny topcorn - sweet n salt is gorgeous!

Thanks @Bigbear , I always read through your weight loss post! You have done amazingly well!

Friday was ok, breakfast was 3 x eggs fried in frylight, 3x crustless bread (HEb), and 2 syns of flora light
Lunch was a Hoisin duck Naked Noodle pot (1 syn) as well as a free muller light and lots of free and speed fruit.
Dinner was prawn curry made with 1 tablespoon of mayflower sauce (2syns), onions, mushrooms and peas, served with SW chips and cous cous.
Evening snacks were Propercorn Lightly sea salted flavour (4 syns 20g bag) and I pinched some of hubbies huge back of crisps which work out at 6 syns for 1/4 bag, which is about the amount I had (I'm not too strict with myself on a weekend, everything in moderation) I also snacked on some melon and ham when I was waiting for dinner to cook cause I was feeling proper hungry!
So total syns for friday was around 15

Saturday 16th April 2016
Breakfast: 2x boiled eggs with 3 x crsutless bread (HEb) and 2 syns of flora light
Lunch: Jacket potato with baked beans, cheese (HEa), and a few slices of ham
Dinner: Hot & Spicy chicken with sweet potato chips and corn on the cob
Snacks: Muller light tropical punch yoghurt (1/2syn), Mini Galaxy ripple (4.5syns) & a bag of french fries (4 syns) also had 3 golden eggs (1 syn each)
Syns: 14

Sunday 17th April 2016
Breakfast: WW petit pain (HEb), 2x tesco healthy living cumberland sausages (1 syn each), 2x bacon medallions
Lunch: 3 egg omlette with mushrooms, cheese (HEa), ham and beans
Dinner: Sunday lunch, roast chicken, potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, green beans, 2 syns of gravy. I cooked my chicken in a roasting pan with potatoes around it and covered in chicken stock, this is how I always cook my chicken and potatoes as keeps chicken moist and potatoes taste amazing, but I realised when eating them that they are probabily now synned as cooked in the chicken juices? :(
My day then went complete t**s up as I drank about 80 syns of alcohol, but whatever, it was the weekend and I enjoyed having a drink with the hubby and watching 90s music on tv :doh:

Today I have had 2 eggs in frylight for breakfast with 3x crustless bread (HEb) and 2 syns of flora light
I have brought to work a hoisin duck Naked Noodle pot (1syn), 2 plums, grapes, a kiwi, a clementine, an apple and a muller light yoghurt.
Dinner will be SW spag bol topped with my HEa cheese as every monday night (Sons & hubbies fave) and then some syns in the evening.

It's weigh day today too, so I'll check in tonight or tommorow morning with my weight loss or gain :innocent002:

Have a good week!
Katie

Hi Katie,
Menus sound great.
I tried those naked noodle hoi sin, what did you think? Mine lacked flavour, but I think I might have out too much water in!!

Sounds like you're fitting in lots of yummy food, whilst still staying within your limits. I hope you get a good loss this week.

I'm v interested in the ww petit pains - are they any good. I LOVE fresh baked bread xx

Welcome back Katie:)

Menus look good! I hope weigh in went well.

Hi Katie,
Menus sound great.
I tried those naked noodle hoi sin, what did you think? Mine lacked flavour, but I think I might have out too much water in!!

Sounds like you're fitting in lots of yummy food, whilst still staying within your limits. I hope you get a good loss this week.

I'm v interested in the ww petit pains - are they any good. I LOVE fresh baked bread xx

Hi Again big bear,

I really like the naked noodles, find mine full of flavour, I do try to keep the amount of water to just below the fill line because I like the sauce nice and thick.
The WW Petit Pains are lovely! Just like any other part baked rolls I've had, can't tell they are "diet" ones, lovely filled with bacon <3

Sorry for not checking back sooner, been really busy at work this week.
I lost 1lb at Mondays weigh in :stickdance: It's coming off super slow, but I can't compain because I've not had one week where i've been 100% on plan, so I'm lucky to be losing at all.
But i'm at 13.1 stone now, and really want to get into the 12's, feel like i've been stuck in the 13's forever, so I really need to stick to it 100% now!

Monday 18th April 2016
Breakfast - Eggs x2 fried in frylight, 3 x crustless bread (HEb), 2 syns of flora light
Lunch - Hoi Sin Naked Noodle pot (1 syn), plum, apple, clem, grapes, kiwi and a muller light yoghurt
Dinner - homemade SW Spag bol (Lean mince, tomatoes, onions, passata, beef stock, herbs, garlic & pasta) topped with HEa cheese
Snacks - 3 x crackerbread (3 syns), mini galaxy ripple (4.5 syns) and some velvet crunch crisps (4 syns)
Total syns = 14.5

Tuesday 19th April 2016
Breakfast - Eggs x2 fried in frylight, 3 x crustless bread, 2 syns of flora light
Lunch - Cajun Mugshot Pasta, Grapes, Banana, Apple, Pineapple crush muller light (0.5 syns)
Dinner - Homemade SW spag bol again with HEa cheese
Snacks - Mini galaxy ripple (4.5), french fries (4)
Total syns = 11

I've also been picking at the leftover chicken from Sunday's roast that has been in the fridge :)

Today for breakfast was 2 x eggs fried in frylight, 2 bacon medallions, 3 x crustless toast (HEb) and 2 syns of flora light. Lunch is another Chow mein naked noodle pot and lots of fruit and a muller light.
Not sure what's on the menu for dinner tonight, payday is next week, so it's a case of using up what's in until we do the big shop, hence why i'm eating a lot of the same things and not a lot of fresh veggies/salad. Hope it doesnt hinder my weight loss too much :cool:
I really need to try and mix up my breakfasts, I've been having eggs everyday for the last month or so, so that's gunna be a challenge for me, I'm gunna try and order lots of new breakfast things to try with my shopping next week to make sure i'm having a good variety and hopefully boost my weight loss for May :)

Katie

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Here is thursday onwards:
Thursday 21st April 2016
Breakfast: 2 x eggs with HEb bread and 2 syns of flora light
Lunch: Ham, 4x crackercreads (4 syns), grapes, banana, kiwi, apple,clementine
Dinner: Chicken, peppers & onion in maggi so juicy paprika bag (4.5 syns but shared between 2 and didnt use all of sauce so counted 2 syns). with sw chips
Snacks: Mini galaxy ripple (4.5), cheetos (3.5)
total syns :16

Friday 22nd April 2016
Breakfast: 2 x eggs, bacon medallions, HEb bread, 2 syns of flora light
Lunch: Mugshot, grapes, banana, apple, clem, muller light 1/2 syn pineapple yoghurts
Dinner: Kebab and chips from takeaway :(
total syns: ?!?!

Saturday 23rd April 2016
Had a busy morning cleaning and just pottering about so had "brunch" around 11am instead of seperate breakfast and lunch
Brunch: 3 egg omlette with mushroom, red onion, bacon medallions, beans and HEa cheese
Snacks: banana, apple
Dinner: HM burgers with lots of lettuce and sweet potato chips, tesco didnt have any wholemeal rolls so I synned a white warburtons roll (7.5), 2 syns of flora light and 2 syns of bbq sauce
I then spent the evening drinking vodka and diet coke :rolleyes:
total syns: ?!?!

Sunday 24th April 2016
Breakfast: 2x eggs on HEb toast - 2 syns flora light
Lunch: Mugshot, chicken and 2 crackerbread (2 syns)
Snack: 4 sqaures galaxy chocolate
Dinner: sausages (2 syns), mash, veg & gravy (2 syns)
I did a 1 and 1/2 hour workout today, a mixture of arm, legs, and dance workouts from youtube.

I then went on to eat the remainder of the peanut butter ben & jerrys I found in the freezer and pinched a few of the husbands big bag of sensations he was eating...

Fair to say this weekend was a bit of a write off!

New day, new week, weigh day today too so wish me luck :oops:

I'm out next weekend too off to a japanese restaurant where I will be having katsu curry & pork gyoza no doubt followed by alcohol.
We have to live don't we!? And yes the weight is coming off SUPER slow, but it's coming off and that's the main thing. I've decided to exercise more too and fit little workouts into my day. Everytime I go to the loo at work I do 30 squats and various arm exercises, I then did some planks & push ups on the kitchen floor while I waited for my mugshot to "cook". Every little helps!

Katie

Absolutely new day, new week Katie :) Hope your weigh in goes well for you. As you say, it's coming off that's the main thing :) Lots of wishes for a really good week and I am soo very jealous you are off to a Japanese retaurant yummy!

Your food sounds yummy good luck with your weightloss hun xxx

Back