Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

This time next year Rodney, we will be ...much lighter

Discussion in 'Xenical Diaries' started by barmcake, 22 June 2010 Social URL.

1. barmcake

barmcake Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.98%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Hi there

I thought I would start a diary to keep me on the straight and narrow and also to check in with myself as to what I have eaten and exercise each day (hopefully)

I am Mum of two beautiful girls age 3 and 8 and married since 2001. I am going to Uni in September to do my foundation year then onto the degree next year. I dont want to be a big lump when I go to uni and I dont want to spend another summer with my girls, huffing and puffing and covering up and stuffing my face with rubbish "because its the holidays" and all the other excuses.

I have yo yo dieted for what seems like forever, Atkins, Cambridge, Slimming world you name it. I look ok when I am not heavy and I have a wardrobe of clothes that dont fit, but that is going to change.

I am going to stick with a low fat diet whilst on Xenical but I am going to read up on the Dukan diet as apparently that is very good too. My main reason for asking for Xenical is that I need to retrain myself to eat better, I can do a crazy diet and lose 3 or 4 stone then put it back on again in a matter of months. I need it to go and never come back!

If I am being honest I need to lose about 5 or 6 stone, not 3 or 4, there is no quick fix or insane starvation diet now, I just need to get on with it, and get on with it I will !!!!

I have been for a tour of the gym today. I dont really want to hit the gym till I lose a good amount but the classes they have are brill and the pool is nice for me and my girls so I am going to join shortly.

So thats me, if your still awake congrats and I look forward to reading everyone elses posts :)

Do we have a weekly weigh in thread ?

xxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. barmcake

barmcake Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.98%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Yesterdays menu

1 1/2 Weetabix with 1% fat milk

Co Operative low fat noodles with peas and a chopped up chicken drumstick (and extra drumstick)

Homemade vegetable korma with savoury rice ( I didnt make this so I dont know the fat content but it had tofu in it I think and it wasnt at all fatty was just a paste so I hope its ok :( )

Loads of sparkling water
    Few cuppas with 1% fat milk and tablet sweetener
    Few cans of diet coke

No Snacks

My insane sugar levels feel in control, I didnt want to eat an entire cake shop today.

Went to the loo this morning and everything was "normal" got a bit of a dodgy tummy but I think my portion control with the curry was a bit much, I didnt have anything else though

On a regular day I will exercise for at least 30 minutes but my 3 year old got me up at 5am and I was ready for bed by the time she went to bed and was like a zombie all day :(

4. purple_kathryn

purple_kathryn Mostly harmless

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    low fat/low cal/taking xenical
    Hi Barmcake :)

Welcome to xenical and good luck with your goals

I always find it a bit hard to work out what foods are high in fats when they're made from scratch.

Avoid mayo though ;)

5. KittyBling

KittyBling Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(14.22%)
    Diet:
    Every Other Day Diet
    PK methinks you have a mayo obsession....

6. purple_kathryn

purple_kathryn Mostly harmless

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    low fat/low cal/taking xenical
    mayo + xenical =bad combination :p

7. barmcake

barmcake Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.98%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I adore mayo and would eat it with every meal if I could :)

well week one over, apart from giving myself an enormous helping of Asda low fat ice cream today (then hoovering up my daughters left over ice cream too) I would say its gone pretty well.

I am due my TOTM shortly too and that is when the chocolate monster comes out but he seems to have stayed away, fairly amazed.

I had one occasion where I saw some oily stuff in the loo this week, only a tiny amount but other than that and the odd tummy ache been fine (if a bit tired)

Going to break in the exercise this week now I know I feel ok on the tablets. Bring it on. This is actually doable !

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.