Those that do zumba..

big bear

A bear on a mission!
How often do you go to class?

Do you just do Zumba?

Has it helped with your weight loss?

Thanks

I go to my Zumba class weekly and definitely consider it to be my 'cardio class' as it gets my pulse up and I'm sweating lots afterwards!

However I do also attend a body pump class twice a week and aqua fit twice a week. In the past 5 weeks, I've lost a stone and I think exercising has helped aid my weight loss a lot aswell as toning!x

I do Zumba (once a week), but also do Body Combat (my fave), Aerobics, Body Pump and Body Conditioning (oh, and a Tap dancing class). I try to include some toning and some cardio every week. I don't weigh, so can't speak in lbs, but am actually quite happy with my body shape or the first time in years, and put it down to the exercise and healthy eating following SW 50/50.

I feel like it's changed how I do SW as well. Seem to find it a lot easier to eat lots of vegetables, and seem to eat more protein rather than carbs ( a big change for me).

I go to Zumba every Friday but I also go to gym at least five times a day. By the end of that hour, I'm sweaaating. You can definitely feel the burn and my body is so much more toned now and pounds have dropped off :) I also have Zumba Wii which is good if you don't want to go to classes or you want to practise the moves :)

goodbyeflab said:
I go to Zumba every Friday but I also go to gym at least five times a day. By the end of that hour, I'm sweaaating. You can definitely feel the burn and my body is so much more toned now and pounds have dropped off :) I also have Zumba Wii which is good if you don't want to go to classes or you want to practise the moves :)

Did you mean you go to the gym five times a week? Coz five times a day is seriously hardcore! ;) haha

Hi, I go to zumba once a week. I love it. I have had two different instructors in the past few months, both with different teaching and dancing styles. I am now considering to go to both classes in one week. One class was more like a cardio workout, getting you sweating, and the other really got to my muscles, i was aching for days.
At the moment i am maintaining, and have found that zumba is shaping my body just nicely. although im sure it would help with weigh loss.
I used to go to the gym twice a week, i am a total convert. I would never go bak to the gym now, soo unmotivating, for me anyway. x

Oh I'd be interested to know the answer, I've just ordered it for the Wii & sooooooooo excited:D:D:D

When you've given it a few goes can you let us know what its like :) Thinking of getting it but im on a budget.

I have the Zumba for the Wii. I think it's fantastic because it has a beginners, an intermediate and I think expert classes on it - you can choose whether you want to do 20 or 45 minutes.

I got back in to using it today and did the 20 minute intermediate class and that got my heart pumping and the sweat dripping :)

I am going to try and do it everyday. Let's see how it goes. X

Have just got back from my first ever Zumba class, was good fun but I was rubbish! Everyone at my sw group said it would be ok if you got lost as there are usually 60 odd people in a class and they come in all shapes and sizes - not at my gym though, 20 max and none bigger than a size 10!! Will def go again though maybe will stick to the back of the room where I can't see my reflection! x

When you've given it a few goes can you let us know what its like :) Thinking of getting it but im on a budget.

Hey I've not forgotten about you;) Zumba finally arrived today & I've played on it already & thoroughly enjoyed myself, obviously I'm not too good at the moves yet but I can see as i get better it being more & more fun:D

I do 3 Zumba classes, 1 legs bums and tums, 1 Zumba Aqua, 1 pilates and 1 yogalites a week and i think it has aided my weight loss...... i started the fitness before slimming world and saw a massive difference :):):)

For the Wii to get started you only need the 'box' & a game, it does come with one remote which isn't enough you need a least two remotes.

As you get more games you'll get/buy more extras, eg I've got a microphone, Wii balance board & dance mat.

I'm sure there will be lots of offers coming out soon as the run up to Christmas starts, but I'd look at places like Tesco, Toys R Us, Game, Play.com.

I'm contemplating starting Zumba soon with my friend but have this image in my head that it will be full of size 0 women who can seriously dance and don't ever break a sweat...

Could do with someone letting me know the 'real deal' as I would love to try it but at the moment I'm being put of by the fact I can't dance very well and that I'm knackered in 10 minutes.

I'm contemplating starting Zumba soon with my friend but have this image in my head that it will be full of size 0 women who can seriously dance and don't ever break a sweat...

Could do with someone letting me know the 'real deal' as I would love to try it but at the moment I'm being put of by the fact I can't dance very well and that I'm knackered in 10 minutes.

in my group the women seem to be size 12 or over (around 15 of us). i am the smallest at a size 8/10 and smallest hight wise too. The instrustor encourages everyone to go at there own pace. If you cant do a certain move/step just improvise.
I dont think if someone is silm im means that they have great fitness. I get stitch after 10 mins and am struggling to keep up with the others :eek:.

I'm doing Zumba on the PS3, and as far as I can tell it's the same as the Wii version. Love it! It makes me sweat and really work but it's not something I have to force myself to do.

Proper footwear helps a lot; you need to be able to slide a bit on the floor so anything that sticks will be harder on your body. Also, the arm movements (once you have the footwork down) are important to elevating your heart rate and toning your upper body :)

Back