Those that go to class....

If you weigh and go it's like joining a dance class, buying the dance shoes for the first lesson but then never staying to learn the routine and new steps, you just wouldn't do it.

£4.50 is alot to pay just to step on the scales (as someone else said) it's not always practical for people to stay but I def wanna get my monies worth!!

Also members that stay to group are statistcally more likely to reach their target. It's so hard for the consultant to know if you're struggling if you weigh and go as image therapy is the time you need to get all your help and support for the following week. Be kind to yourself and give yourself that hour a week, you'll learn loads, meet lots of friends and leave feeling great about yourself (well that's the plan anyway lol)

There isn't a local club near to me on a night that I can make it so i am doing it online. I am also still a WW member and I loved staying to the meetings, I did start to stay less though when my weight loss got stuck and I felt really fed up.

I wouldn't feel guilty about not staying though and if your weight loss is moving then if you find it a bit boring then there is no need to stay. Maybe you could stay once a month and you don't have to stay all the way through..

I have been to some groups though that have seemed to focus just on the weight loss and those who have needed support haven't really been offered it which is a shame. There were some really lovely ladies at my group and i do miss them :-(

I am going to always try to stay to class if time permits.
This is my 6th time joining SW and I targeted twice but I found I always did better when I stayed.
I tend to be a bad sport and go when I have put on or not got the result I wanted, which is stupid and I won't do that now. That is the time you need the support and I am delighted that SW always gives that.

I try to stay as often as possible, I enjoy the group & he support we give each other & I also pick up loads of hints & tips that I would miss if I didn't stay, but then I am lucky, my class starts at 5.30 & is done by 6.30 normally

I always stay. Even when I haven't lost... it forces me to face up to it. Also, it's good to be able to offer others support when they need it, and it helps me to keep things in perspective when I'm struggling to be 100% with the plan, when I can see that others also have good and bad times. By and large, I think it's really important to stay to class. It might not be the most exciting way to spend an evening, but it does give you a day in the week to try and refocus on the plan and set yourself up for a good week. Even if you have a good few days and then start to slip a little, at least it's a few days better than you might have been if you didn't go at all! :)

I stay too....gives you extra support...and lots of new ideas from peeps.

Last edited:
I always stay to group - it's good to see the others and they're all lovely. We don't have a massive group so we're usually out for 7pm which is another good thing.

I don't have any children or anything so I guess my time is more flexible than some, but I would recommend staying if you can because it's good to swap recipes and I think it makes me work harder at it too as I know my 'results' get made public hehe.

xxx

I stay mainly as it's some time away from the housework, and i like to listen and to talk about what is going right or wrong for everyone. Last week one of our male members said he had followed one of my suggestions (eat alot of everything free and use your syns) and he lot 8lbs! I felt proud i had helped someone. It's a feeling of comaradery, and support, i think.

yes i agree - i feel like it's the one place where EVERYONE knows how i'm feeling! we all have 'fat' days (some more than others :eek: ), and we all are unhappy with either the way we look or our health (or both), otherwise we wouldn't be there.

it's almost like as soon as i've walked into the room i can breathe a sigh of relief as they all know how i'm feeling! :)

LOL - look into my eyes.. not around the eyes... now SLEEP :D

I love my group. I just wish that I could help my friend out a bit more. She's been failing on WW for the past 2 years. Her doctor has told her she needs surgery, but she must lose 2 stone before he'll consider her, that was a month ago. She since came to SW with me and has gained every week. Because she simply doesn't try at all. She blames everyone else for sabbotaging her plans and all sorts of other things, but the truth is, she doesn't follow the plan. I know when I'm to blame for my gains or STS. I take full responsiblity for my actions, I just wish she too would see how much support we all give her and take on board our advice. She does, for 2 days, then Friday comes and she falls off the wagon until WI on Wednesday. How can I help her, one of my other friends said she is considering quitting this too.

I guess the only way to help her is trying to admit to herself that a.) she needs to loose weight and b.) take responsibility for her actions. Tell her you're worried about her and try and work with her. At the end of the day if she doesn't want to loose weight and atleast try then there isn't really anything you can do!

Natt xxx

I knew it, she isn't coming to class tonight. Some excuse about not having anyone to watch her little boy, yet she always finds someone when ever else it siuts her. I can't be doing with dragging her on a journey she clearly isn't ready for or even bothered about. She's eligable for a tummy tuck, but only if she loses weight. She moans about her body, but she's clearly not that bothered.

Sometimes there are some people beyond help so dont worry about it! look how well you have done so far and concentrate on your own journey you dont need anyone dragging you down. Dont bother with her anymore but be there if she asks for support maybe one day she will find your journey inspirational and decide to do it once and for all!

Good luck for tonight although you sound really enthusastic so you probably wont need it!!!

I agree with Henna. She is obviously not ready for this journey, when you clearly are and I think you're going to have to leave her behind and hope that when you get back from your journey she will be inspired to start her own.

Natt xxx

I stayed last night for the meeting, my sw consultant was struggling a bit tbh with the new computer thing she was using!

BUT i have to drive so if hubby is there for the kids I will be staying, but for example next week I can't as will have my kids!

I stay, because I like the people there and I like my SW consultant. Part of the reason I joined SW was for the support and the chance of meeting new friends in my area.

I stay every week, have never ever missed a week in 2 years other than for a holiday. ((Polishes Halo.....))
I love it! Like some of the others, it's MY time (the only time I get), I support the others who are struggling, I do the weighing and I have so many friends there.
I see so many people leg it out of the door if they have gained, I try to encourage them to stay but more often than not they just pick their book up and run. There are always people who don't like Image Therapy or speaking to others and you can't really change that, but for me, I love it!!

Back