Thought I should introduce myself

Aaleigha

soon to be mother of the bride
I have been lurking on this board for a couple of weeks now

The support you give each other is fantastic

I have only tried slimming world once - it worked for me in 51 weeks I had lost 70lb to lose one third of my body weight going from a size 20ish to a size 12/10 in that time

I kept the weight off for a year - then gave up smoking - had a few family issues and ended up on antidepressants - the rest is history

I am pleased to report that I did not put ALL my weight back on and am now a size 16 - I would like to take my target below my last target if I can - due to real problems with my joints (arthritis) but it will depend on what I look like and how I feel when I get to 140 (last low weight)

I have been doing weight watchers for 9 months and am now not losing weight
I really dont want to undo the good I have done
so will be joining you all (if you will have me)
I only follow green days due to being a vegetarian

hoping that you will support me on my journey and I in turn will do my best of to offer support and encouragement in return

hi sweety
welcome to the forum! wow u have had such a fantastic achievement so far(even though it was a few years ago with sw!!-well done 4 that) and secondly u didnt put all the weight back on concidering the circumstances which is amazing!! im sure everyone on this forum will support you on your journey !!!!
good luck ill look forward to reading yr posts
all the best
laura xx

I agree with byron in the previous post, fantastic achievement to have lost so much in the first place, and to have not put it all back on in those circumstances is incredible!

I put on loads of weight when I quit smoking, but I hadn't lost any beforehand lol.

I predict that not only will you succeed in your efforts, but that you will also be an inspiration to the rest of us :)

Welcome to the forum

Hi there

Just wanted to say welcome and you as you already noted you will find lots of support on these boards.

Liz

Welcome and congrats on losing so much weight with SW previously.
You have not done badly at all considering your circumstances.
Good luck with your brand new journey. I am sure you will do really well.

Welcome - All the Best o'luck'n'stuff - the great news is that you know you CAN do it and with everyone here to help you on your way, you WILL do it!

Hiya

Welcome :wave_cry:

Not been here long myself but yeah, everyone is really helpful and supportive. You did really well before so you've obviously got the right frame of mind to do it again.

Linda

thank you so much everyone
you all seem so motivated - hope MUCH of that rubs off on me
off to find a few diaries to reed

Hi *waves*!
I've only been here a week and a bit so far, but everyone is so lovely and will offer you support and advice in seemingly anything :)
I noticed in your signature that you collect rescue dogs....Me too!!! Well, rescue anything to be honest. Lol.
Good luck with SW.xx

Hi *waves*!
I've only been here a week and a bit so far, but everyone is so lovely and will offer you support and advice in seemingly anything :)
I noticed in your signature that you collect rescue dogs....Me too!!! Well, rescue anything to be honest. Lol.
Good luck with SW.xx

Yes I do I have three large sighthounds - I used to collect far more when the children were younger - now my daughter does it at her house - I only have to pet sit when she is away :):)

I really cant wait to start my journey - I am going to use today and tomorrow to read the diaries and find some recipes :)

and I will set up a ticker to show my slimming world journey on Monday :)

Back