Thought I would say hello... and a few questions

Greeneyes11

Gold Member
Hi there, I lost nearly 5 stone with Cambridge Diet last year but am still struggling to keep it off, I put on a stone over Christmas and joined Weightwatchers to lose it which I did, but my daughter also joined Weightwatchers with me and has lost about 1.5lb in around 3 months.... even though she sticks rigidly to the diet, in fact the more rigidly she sticks to the diet the less weight she seems to lose, she even puts it on, so due to the fact that the stone I lost is now creeping back on and I need a diet to use permanently to maintain we are looking at Slimming World. Does it really work? Daughter is so close to giving up dieting now so really do need it to work this time, and what exactly do you get to eat...? What are green days exactly and how many syns can you eat in a day/week... any advice please would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yes, at WW if you miss a week you still have to pay do you at Slimming World, plus do they have a special thing when you reach goal weight, I did reach goal at WW and didn't have to pay anymore as I was a Gold Member... do SW have this kind of thing. Sorry loads of questions...

SW will do wonders for you and your daughter its the only "food plan" that actually works while keeping you satisfied and ironically, the more you eat (of the right stuff of course) the more you lose!!

lots of people come off cambridge diet and join slimming world and initially, you might see a bit of a gain as you will be going from meal replacements to wholesome meals but once your body adjusts you will see resluts for sure!!

with SW you get 6 weeks holiday which means you can let your consultant know on days that you cant get there and you wont be charged there is a joining fee if you fall off the wagon for a few weeks tho! but it wont break the bank, my consultant charges a 5er to rejoin!

I do SW from home, and if you stick to the plan(s) it works. I would recommend reading the sticky thread at the top for newcomers which explains the basics of SW. If you plan to go to a group you get all the books which explain in much better detail. Also if you go on the official SW website they have a free week trial menu which will give you an idea of the plans. There are 3 plans, Green, Original and Extra Easy but Extra Easy is promoted as the 'main plan' now.

When you become a target member, you attend class for free as long as you're within 3lbs of your target weight.

I enjoy SW and did WW before that and Cambridge before that. Give SW a try and see how it works for both of you

Irene xx

I do SW from home, and if you stick to the plan(s) it works. I would recommend reading the sticky thread at the top for newcomers which explains the basics of SW. If you plan to go to a group you get all the books which explain in much better detail. Also if you go on the official SW website they have a free week trial menu which will give you an idea of the plans. There are 3 plans, Green, Original and Extra Easy but Extra Easy is promoted as the 'main plan' now.

When you become a target member, you attend class for free as long as you're within 3lbs of your target weight.

I went on the official website and saw the free menu for a week, immediately rang my daughter because you can just eat so much.... that was what made me seriously think of changing from WW.

SW will do wonders for you and your daughter its the only "food plan" that actually works while keeping you satisfied and ironically, the more you eat (of the right stuff of course) the more you lose!!

lots of people come off cambridge diet and join slimming world and initially, you might see a bit of a gain as you will be going from meal replacements to wholesome meals but once your body adjusts you will see resluts for sure!!

with SW you get 6 weeks holiday which means you can let your consultant know on days that you cant get there and you wont be charged there is a joining fee if you fall off the wagon for a few weeks tho! but it wont break the bank, my consultant charges a 5er to rejoin!

I am not still on CD but have started back on WW 2 days ago, have put back on 9lb over the last month so dont think I will actually gain weight.... too many Easter Eggs.

Congratulations GE11 and welcome to the wonderful world of SW!! I think you'll like it here!! I've just converted a friend who used to swear by WW and has now got fed up of constantly counting and measuring, has got fed up with restricting portions and has started putting weight back on! She lost 5.5lb in her first week and 3.5 in her second, and she's not a very big girl- about size 14, perhaps 1 1/2- 2 stone to lose, and can't believe how much food she can eat!! As others have said, yes like with WW, you go for free when you get to 'target' and become a 'life member' as long as you stay within 3lb either side of your target. As you get close to target you can change it if you like- you used to have to change it by 1/2 stone, but now you can move the goal post by just 1lb if you like!X

PS you look amazing in your after photo!!!!XXXX

Back