Thoughts and musings

tpals

My mom decided to celebrate my 20 lb loss by taking me out to buy $20 worth of flowers for my flower pots yesterday. Of course it's great fun to have someone spending money on me, but knowing that she is cheering me on really is priceless. I have so far to go that it would be very easy to get discouraged.

On that subject, I automatically look at the details in the sidebar when I read a post here. When I find someone who either started near my start weight or is close to my current weight I feel an affinity for them. Just knowing (even virtually) someone who has been where I am makes this so much easier.

Subject change.
A few months ago I asked around at work and got some of the guys who wanted to lose weight to join me in an unofficial group effort to lose 100 lbs. Each had a different amount he wanted to lose and was following a different plan; one WW, one low-carb, one all exercise and the others unspecified. We fill in a printed out thermometer as we lose and the only rule is if weight is gained we can't count losing the same lb twice.

As a group we're doing good - up to 46 lbs now but it seems to be losing steam. The 'exercise only' has put on 6 lbs. 'WW' only stays on plan when he is home and travels a lot. 'Low-carb' was doing great but began going out for lunch everyday and hasn't been losing. It's probably easiest for me because I have the most by far to lose so I'm the most motivated and I enjoy eating like this.

Sounds great.

What a nice mum you have.

Congratulations on your 20 lb loss.....................

wow what a great loss. But don't let your collegues' loss of inpiration influence you. Keep up the good work!!

Congratulations on your loss :) You're doing brilliantly! A friend of mine started her journey at a similar weight to you & she's now cracked into the 200s :) You can definitely do this <3

Back