Three Fat Brides, One Thin Dress!

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV' started by Mini, 26 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Gillian returns … in Three Fat Brides, One Thin Dress

Starting Tuesday 26 June at 8pm on Channel 4
    Our formidable diet dictator turns her attention to big girls looking forward to their big day. In each episode, Gillian meets three bulging brides-to-be in desperate need of her help. And with a wedding at stake, Gillian's upped the ante by making the brides compete for the wedding dress of their dreams.

You Are What You Eat
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Will set the reminder - thanks Mini!! :thankyou:
  4. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Oh yes thanks for reminding me I'll try and watch that!:)

Dizzy xx
  5. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Weight Watchers
    I saw this advertised Gillian is a bit strict and can be really insulting and can upset some of the people who go on the programme .
    But like to watch the slimmers
  6. Gen

Gen Normal

I hate Gillian McKeith... who the hell does she think she is????? I'm actually disgusted watching this programme.... she is such a ***** and not even in an entertaining way
  7. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Weight Watchers
    Hi Gen
    I dont like all the foods they have to eat like smoothies for bfast made from celery and whatever dont see any bfast cereals or nothing like that i know i could not follow that plan of hers she is so strict even if the people have had a piece of choc bet she does not eat hardly anything
  8. Gen

Gen Normal

Its not her diet plans I would be bothered with its her total attitude.... I'm soooooooo annoyed watching it... I'm not sure her attitude makes the people lose weight any quicker she is just down right rude
  9. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Weight Watchers
    Yes i agree wonder why she is like that with people on one programme i saw a lady crying because she was really nasty to her just because she had eaten the wrong things
  10. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Gillian is an evil pixie....nuff said!! But I'm lovin that dress!!!
  11. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

But that's what makes people watch it - a bit like when Trinny and Susannah were at their height. People weren't watching for the fashion advice, but to hear how nasty they were to people!
  12. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

intuitive eating
    Oooooh, I really enjoyed the programme. Sometimes shock tactics work. Be cruel to be kind and all that. :) And all that fresh produce looked delicious!!!
  13. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

Sorry, but that awful woman needs [​IMG]. Cant bear her!
  14. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Weight Watchers
    Got it on tape not watched it yet will watch it sometime
  15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Shes horrible isnt she. I wouldnt last 10 mins on that programme. Theres just no need to be THAT rude all the time
  16. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Weight Watchers
    But she is like it most of the times dont know how the people stick her
  17. Allan G

Allan G Gold Member

:D I totally agree, me and the wife watched it last night night, sometimes shock tactics achieve the best results, i still think that Gillian needs a good seeing to by a man so she is not so nasty, i think she is just frustrated, :eek:
  18. Avatar Advert

Register an account for free to disable ads in threads!
  19. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

My god, what a horrible premise.

Referring to another thread...this is why I don't miss having a TV.
  20. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

intuitive eating
    Hey Allan, I think you might be right heehee!! :eek:;);):D

Her tactics are meant to make people wake up to the way they are abusing their bodies. If they don't start looking after their health they will die. Sometimes people turn into ostriches and bury their heads in the sand. Yes, Gillian is extreme, but her message is sound.
  21. Vickinicholls1986

Vickinicholls1986 Member

Cambridge Diet
    I watched it last night, thought that the right person definately won! But that car in it definately made me think yuk to all the tastey fried food and take aways i ate before cambridge! The strawberrys looked soo nice. ummm
  22. Ivy

Ivy Silver Member

i can never tell whether she is a punch in the face with the truth fist or someone insensitive and cruel to already wounded personalities for 'entertainment'

But TV has become abit like that in general. I watch the show but wouldnt watch this as it causes a few problems, diet obsession and what becomes of the 'losers' do they feel like fat pigs on their wedding day, plus 8 weeks isnt that long a time

again i didnt see so maybe this has been answered.

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.