Three stone down...

Serena A

Can't think of a title
...and I have finally had "have you lost weight?" comments from people who didn't know I was dieting! (Comments from people who know I'm on CD don't count in the same way cos I tell myself they're just being nice :D)

Does it take everyone else this long?

:bliss:

Brilliant, enjoy the moment!! and yes it took about 2 and a half stone before I got any comments!

x

same as me i have 0.5lb to go to 3 stone loss and a secretary at work stopped me and said God have you lost some weight keep it up 3 STONE ok so i weigh alot and have atleast another 3 stone to go but come on someone had to have noticed why dont people mention it?

Hi,it has only been this last week people have started saying to me and thats just touching the 3 stone mark,I think maybe before that they notice but arent sure,but,3 stone they are sure enough to feel compelled to mention it
xx

well done everyone. x

It's great when people who don't know you've been dieting comment!! I love it until they then go on to ask how you did it. It's like they only congratulate so they can steal your tips!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done all on your 3 stone losses xx

well done on your 3 st!! that's fab, i've had a few comments this week from people who had no idea i was dieting and it was lovely to hear!! Not had too many negative comments on Cd either!
xx

Ohhhhhhhh darling, how couldnt they have noticed, probably coz your already so beautiful.
It took 5 stone for some people to notice to be honest, recently i showed someone I see twice a week my before pictures, and she said looking puzzled, and said "oh, that your before picture",and shock on her face was noticable, which was very disappointing considering at that point I had lost 9 stones.
So theres no telling what people are thinking, but Serena let me tell you the change is sooooooo noticable,and as for your julie, your amazing too.

same here with the comments im a couple of pounds of 3 stone, however, i have found people saying ohhh you dont want to lose any more do you annoying x

I think a lot of people don't mention it because they don't want to offend as weight is/can be a very sensitive issue for those that are overweight. Whilst we know we're overweight and can comment on it ourselves (I know I do) the last thing we want is for someone else to point it out (unless of course we're losing). As we start losing weight I think many people notice a change but are afraid to comment incase we haven't lost weight and their question as to whether we have or not may imply that they think we ought to. When we get to 3 stone it should be blatently obvious that we have and people feel braver to comment.
Just read this back and I seem to have rambled at bit, hope it makes sense. xx

Totally makes sense darling.
Some people didnt ask me because to start I lost 6 stones in 6months, and it later came out that people thought I had cancer or something and didnt want to ask.
I went on a bus the other day and I actually fitted in the seat, last time I was on a bus, a man stood up and offered me his seat, I said no its fine, then he told a pregnant lady shouldnt stand, so I just took the seat i was too embarrashed to say, " actually Im just a fat fooker".lol

That last bit did make me laugh! Most of my weight is on my arse and thighs so I've never been mistaken for being pregnant but you must have been mortified, I know I would be. xx

Hi folks,

I have lost just over 3 stones and find that while some people gush about it ... others don't even mention it!!

My sister who has lost 3 stone with LL and is now a size 10 has had all manner of odd comments, she is a psychotherapist and thinks that when one loses a lot of weight, especially quickly, it can tap into other peoples (especially women, fat or thin) issues with food, and lets be honest, in this media driven society, most of us have some kind of issue with food..

Sorry for getting a bit off the subject there, but at 18stone 3lbs I have had the comment recently 'you don't want to lose much more'!!!!! From a well meaning friend, but what's that all about??

My sister at 5'5 and a clothes size 10 had someone at work say... ooo i thought you had anorexia.. which is particularly odd in my opinion..

On the plus note, I have had loads of positive comments as has my sister.. Interesting subject tho..

I get told all the time, dont loose anymore, in particular one woman gave me a really hard time, 2 stones ago, she saw me recently and admitted she was wrong,which was really nice.

Back