Three Weeks Snack Free Challenge

faery_lights

Going Places
Many of us snack and for some of us, it's a downfall when dieting. The munchies in between meals and after dinner. It happens to all of us- however, much of it probably psychological and probably out of habit. And they say it takes three weeks to make or break a habit.

The rules of this challenge are fairly simple- you eat what you can within your plan, but you eat it at meal times. You do not eat between or after meals. You can decide whether or not sugary drinks count as a snack, but for me they personally do. Low Calorie drinks and water definitely do not.

So, if you wish you join in, feel free. This is something that has been really slipping me up and when I suggested it in the Tough Love thread, a lot of people expressed interest so feel free to join in.

Name: faery_lights/ Start Date: 16th September 2012/ End Date: 8th October 2012 Days Completed: 2/21

Feel free to add yourself to the list and to update us with your progress. If you wobble or feel the urge to snack, you will have an immediate support group here to help. :)

Name Start date End date Days completed:
Sparty 17th September 8th October /21
Lou 17th September 8th October /21
Sally 19th September 10th October /21

I need to join this too. I've been a little mindless with my snacking these past few days . . .

Ok I've been **** already, couldn't eat my tea do had 2 chocolate bars :/ damn lady fun time!!! my cals for the day are still ok but I've let the side down. I will do better tomorrow.

Okay Lou- it can take a couple of days to get your head in the game on this one. Snacking is something we are all very used to. Just remember- the less you give in the easier it gets.

Anyway, do you snack or eat whilst watching TV? Part of my personal snack challenge is to stop eating whilst watching TV. It distracts me and I feel hungrier afterwards- and this article seems to explain why! BPS Research Digest: A psychological problem with snacking in front of the telly It might be something you want to think of stopping too!

I also failed yesterday Lou - my bf brought me home a bar of chocolate when he went to the shop (even though I said I didnt want anything!) and it was taunting me so I ate it before I could talk myself out of it. BUT I will just add another day onthe end of this challenge to make up for it and I will NOT snack today.

I suppose I shouldn't blame him after all I ate the thing....and he was just trying to be sweet. But argh!!!

Interesting theory about snakcing while watching tv - thats my prime snack time as well actually. Although only in the evening - if I watch tv during the day at weekends then I don't snack at all.....or even want to. I need to try and keep myself more occupied so that I am not tempted I think

So I guess I shouldn't beat myself up over saving my apple from lunch and eating it on my way home because I was having a late tea?! In the words of my favourite Aussie movie, which I think I have quoted to Lou before: You're terrible Muriel!

Ladies! Come on! You can do this! I've done 3 full days now, no snacks, just meals and I'm going to do the same again today too. You don't want me beating all of you, do you? ;)

Well I didn't snack yesterday. In fact I are very little. I'm so poorly :( went back to
Dr and he said I have a bad virus and gave me some anti inflammatory tabs but on top of the virus I've caught a sickness bug. I feel like I'm
Dying. I'm sweating, in masses of pain and it's stopping me sleeping. I can't follow any plan until I'm feeling better, I'll rejoin the challenge when I'm
Able to actually eat again

conlou1 said:
Well I didn't snack yesterday. In fact I are very little. I'm so poorly :( went back to
Dr and he said I have a bad virus and gave me some anti inflammatory tabs but on top of the virus I've caught a sickness bug. I feel like I'm
Dying. I'm sweating, in masses of pain and it's stopping me sleeping. I can't follow any plan until I'm feeling better, I'll rejoin the challenge when I'm
Able to actually eat again

Lou.... You need to look after yourself and get better. Food will be an important part of your recovery. Treat it as medicine and fuel to beat your virus. you have had a lot of stress these past months and have been eating very little. Time to look after yourself and recover. Eat well and enjoy.

Well I spent til
2am either rolling about in agony with stomach cramps or throwing up, every time my daughter goes back to nursery I get ill and it's just been unfortunate it's fallen at a time I already have some weird virus. Im desperate to get back to Sw so I'm hoping I can make it tomorrow morning and that I feel better. I've managed to keep some toast down this morning. Fingers crossed its passing now x

Great work Ladies! I am 5 full days of no snacks- I am definitely finding it easier as each day goes by. It's just reinforcing that hunger isn't a big deal. Whenever I read people saying that they are 'never hungry' on their diet, I kind of feel like saying 'But being hungry is okay! You're supposed to be hungry sometimes'. I've also started eating a lot of apples which is great- they are really delicious and filling so once this challenge is over, I think it might become my snack of choice but I am hopeful my snacking will be generally reduced.

I suppose the thing is is that snacking itself isn't bad, it's just that it's very easy to make inappropriate choices for snacks, since so many foods like chocolate and cake and biscuits lend themselves to being eaten conveniently and quickly. I hope to break my snack habit, learn to tolerate hunger my easily and learn to listen to my body :)

Me! I want to join in! I've found this no-sugar dark chocolates for diabetics around my area and been snacking on it between meals and after dinner these days. It's not allowed but i was weak-willed. =P I'll join this 3 weeks challenge and try to curb this bad habit of mine!

Start date 22nd Sept 2012 - End date 12th Oct 2012

S

Me! I want to join in! I've found this no-sugar dark chocolates for diabetics around my area and been snacking on it between meals and after dinner these days. It's not allowed but i was weak-willed. =P I'll join this 3 weeks challenge and try to curb this bad habit of mine!

Start date 22nd Sept 2012 - End date 12th Oct 2012

S

Excellent! Welcome to the group! Have a good weekend everyone- this is probably where it is going to be the hardest!

Survived my first day not snacking!! It seems so little... just 24 hours but it's hard for me! The dark chocolate is just staring at me all day... whispering to me... "eat me... eat me.... i have no sugar". But I managed to resist its lures! LOL!

When i weighed myself just now, the scales went down and that's the best feeling in the world! I want to succeed at this challenge! Let's succeed together! =D

S

Back