Through the wonders of Facebook, I've learned sad news.

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Blonde Logic, 21 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I just found out that two friends of mine from high school, brothers, are both dead. :(

THe elder drank himself to death....and the younger who I was closer too committed suicide 8 years ago. Put a gun in his mouth. That is two people I have lost to that particular form of suicide. :cry:

The family is broken, and not recovered.

Its been 30 years since I have seen Thomas. But you never forget your childhood mates. I can see him as clearly now as the day we celebrated graduation. And that is the memory that will last.

Feeling a bit blue thinkin about them.

It is always the gentle souls, that this world is too hard for.

Be thankful for what we have. Life is short. :(

x

Last edited: 21 May 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    So sorry to hear this sad news of yours. It does make you realise how fragile life is.

Irene xx

4. karmawitch

karmawitch Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    oh that is very sad BL, I am sorry. As Irene said - life can be so fragile at times

slendablenda likes this.
  5. sukie sue

sukie sue this is My time to shine!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.54%)
    Diet:
    lighter life /slim and save
    oh im so sorry for you , i too found out about the death of a dear school friend on facebook , and weirdly enough my own , yes you read it right one girl was telling another that i had died years ago , very nasty shock to read that , quite surreal , makes you wonder if these things are a totally good thing to have .
    loss is never easy (trite i know) but reading about it on a random internet site makes it that bit worse i think .
    again im sorry for youre horrible news x
    (((((hugs))))))

6. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(14.94%)
    Diet:
    was LL now diet chef
    thats really sad BL
    daisy x

7. Slimseaa

Slimseaa Silver Member

so so sorry BL, thats sooo sad! :(

8. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    So sorry hun

Sometimes I wonder whether all this technology is quite right for human kind.
    It's a very impersonal way to learn of something so sad and sensitive. No wonder you feel blue. HUGS XXXX:cry:

9. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Thanks guys. I will only remmeber him as the quiet, kind kid he was in school. Same with his brother. Those will be good memories. We obviously lost touch over the years as you do, so those are the only memories I have.

Looking back, it makes me wonder what was going on in his silence all those years ago...if it was just a matter of time. Thomas was kind, gentle, but very introspective.....who knows.

Life is short, and it really drives home perspective of things we moan about. I just wish it didn;t take events like this to make me realise it, but it always does.

I shared this because maybe it will help all of us too, when we are feeling sorry for ourselves because we cannot eat or drink at an event, or that we have to miss something tasty, etc. Our problems, and I use the term very loosely, or insignificant and temporary. Others are deep and final. We are the lucky ones.

Between my sis's troubles, and hearing news like this, makes me realise, I have it pretty damn good, and my troubles are really very insignificant.

Cheers all.

10. topsy

topsy Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(10.71%)
    Diet:
    Gastric bypass
    That is sad news and you will always have your memories of them and they will live on in the hearts of those you love them.

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to make you less blue x

11. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(32.95%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hugs BL.

We all need to put our lives in perspective sometimes, but its usually a sad or traumatic event that triggers our understanding of what we have. xx

12. louale

louale Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Awwww, so sorry to hear your sad news.

Louale x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.