Tillymax is trying again

Mandy thats because Salting them use to be done to remove the bitter juices of the aubergine ... Its no longer needed to be done as Aubergines are now cultivated differently and are no longer bitter

ahh thats why shows how long it is since i used them doesn't it :D:D:D

Hey Tilly, I'm with the others here forget the dragon fruit :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: oh and incase you didn't quite get that :yuk: :giggle:
Same with the asparagus..although I am going to be controversial, I will eat it but it's not one of my faves, personal choice here.
Try all the different squashes too hun, I noticed in Tesco there are quite a few different ones about , plus they do a nice variety of weird and wonderful veg to try...I have bought dudhi and used them in a curry they are a little like courgettes or marrow and the other one I tried just lately was the eddeos, they make wonderful chips....I always look them up on google before I buy them to see what can be done with them.
Have fun experimenting hunni, it's well worth it in the end ...oh and Moussaka yummmy, thanks for reminding me Mandy not had that in ages so that'll be on this weeks menu
Have a great day Tilly xxx:hug99:xxx

This made me think, and I went and looked on Tesco, they have a mooli, says it's a bit like radish, yum I love radish, anyone tried it yet? xxx

Thanks Lily I'll google them. I'm still asking you lot too cos what if google doesn't mention the fact that dragon fruit is yuk :8855:

Try Yahoo...that's bound to mention it...;)

Thanks Lily I'll google them. I'm still asking you lot too cos what if google doesn't mention the fact that dragon fruit is yuk :8855:

Dragon fruit to me tastes exactly how it looks...nasty :yuk:
Somethings you can just tell are going to be awful just by their look :giggle:
Hun that's so true, I am happy to try anything once but if they are nasty I don't try them again even if someone says oh they're nice like this...nah not me ewww lol, I only use google to find out how they can be cooked cos if you don't look it up how you gonna know....I just googled mooli, now I would have come home and probably cooked it, but it says its a lot like radish so you eat it raw...gonna try them this week if Tesco have some xxx

Dragon fruit to me tastes exactly how it looks...nasty :yuk:
Somethings you can just tell are going to be awful just by their look :giggle:
Hun that's so true, I am happy to try anything once but if they are nasty I don't try them again even if someone says oh they're nice like this...nah not me ewww lol, I only use google to find out how they can be cooked cos if you don't look it up how you gonna know....I just googled mooli, now I would have come home and probably cooked it, but it says its a lot like radish so you eat it raw...gonna try them this week if Tesco have some xxx

I've never heard of half the veg you're talking about. Let me know what you think. Radish is something I ate as a kid and didn't like but I'm gonna try that again just to make sure ;)

And I love Asparagus dipped in boiled eggs ;)

I always knew you were posh :D I'm gonna try that cos it sounds good :)

Hey hun, I hadn't heard of them until I saw them in Tesco online, had a check and decided to buy them see what they were like....I was never that adventurous till I met Lo Chan...she has made me get up and give new things a go and to be honest, I can't think of anything other than the Dragon Fruit :yuk:..I'll say it again :yuk: :giggle: that I didn't like lol xxx
Tilly, have a fabulous day sweetie and I will catch you anon :hug99: xxx

Kally, thanks for that info I will definitely be giving mooli a go this week...sounds divine xxx

Your Welcome Lily.... its well worth a try if you like radish

Mawning Tilly

Merry Monday

Hope its not to bad at work
and just remember there is always
time for a road trip from the heavy mob
everytime Mr Grumpy is being a grump

Hey sweetie, all that talk of eddoes ...I sent Mal out to get some more cos I fancied chips for lunch :giggle: and cooked them totally differently this time...last time cooked them as they said which was boil in skins, leave to cool, peel and then slice, they said deep fry, I fried them in buttery fry light, last time, but today peeled them first par boiled them for 4 mins and then cooked them exactly as I would SW chips, they take a little longer than SW chips about 25 mins or so, but they were so much nicer and worth the extra wait...I like my chips well done and crunchy-ish...they didn't disappoint and were so nice I am thinking of having more :giggle: xxx
Oh I forgot to say, they are a little on the expensive side , about £2.50 a Kilo, but that will make me 2 -3 portions of chips, better than chip shop chips any day of the week, free and yummy ...what more could you ask :hug99: xxx

Hey hun, I hadn't heard of them until I saw them in Tesco online, had a check and decided to buy them see what they were like....I was never that adventurous till I met Lo Chan...she has made me get up and give new things a go and to be honest, I can't think of anything other than the Dragon Fruit :yuk:..I'll say it again :yuk: :giggle: that I didn't like lol xxx
Tilly, have a fabulous day sweetie and I will catch you anon :hug99: xxx

Kally, thanks for that info I will definitely be giving mooli a go this week...sounds divine xxx

I might have known Lo was involved cos I haven't got a clue what she's eating most of the time :D

Your Welcome Lily.... its well worth a try if you like radish

Mawning Tilly

Merry Monday

Hope its not to bad at work
and just remember there is always
time for a road trip from the heavy mob
everytime Mr Grumpy is being a grump

I am convinced he's on drugs. Either that or someones warned him about the heavy mob :8855:

Hey sweetie, all that talk of eddoes ...I sent Mal out to get some more cos I fancied chips for lunch :giggle: and cooked them totally differently this time...last time cooked them as they said which was boil in skins, leave to cool, peel and then slice, they said deep fry, I fried them in buttery fry light, last time, but today peeled them first par boiled them for 4 mins and then cooked them exactly as I would SW chips, they take a little longer than SW chips about 25 mins or so, but they were so much nicer and worth the extra wait...I like my chips well done and crunchy-ish...they didn't disappoint and were so nice I am thinking of having more :giggle: xxx
Oh I forgot to say, they are a little on the expensive side , about £2.50 a Kilo, but that will make me 2 -3 portions of chips, better than chip shop chips any day of the week, free and yummy ...what more could you ask :hug99: xxx

I've just been to Aldi and they had all sorts of fruit and veg that I didn't recognise. They didn't have labels on so I didn't know what they were :rolleyes:

Did you find they went slimey when you peeled them Lily last time I had them they did and it put me off a bit ?

It's put me off a lot :eek:

Good afternoon everyone :D

Work was ok. Had the stupid stand in manager again. She really hasn't got a clue what she's doing. It annoys me when people talk a load of rubbish instead of just saying I don't know.

Mr Grumpy was happy, chatty and helpful :eek: I bet he's trying to lead me into a false sense of security and then he's gonna be miserable again. The real test will be next week when the lady who sits with us goes off for a fortnight. Get the bus ready Kally :D

Mrs Sandwich talks about her son all the time :blahblah:
I know we all talk about our kids but she never stops and whatever conversation we have she always manages to bring him into it somehow. Ooooh I might plan some conversations for tomorrow that are really way out to challenge her :D I bet she still manages to talk about him :rolleyes:

I can't believe it's only Monday cos I'm shattered already.

Last edited:
I have no idea what eddoes are. Just looked them up and no idea what the things wikipedia compared them to were either so still none the wiser! :8855: x

I might of known Lo was involved cos I haven't got a clue what she's eating most of the time :D

I am convinced he's on drugs. Either that or someones warned him about the heavy mob :8855:

I've just been to Aldi and they had all sorts of fruit and veg that I didn't recognise. They didn't have labels on so I didn't know what they were :rolleyes:

It's put me off a lot :eek:

Good afternoon everyone :D

Work was ok. Had the stupid stand in manager again. She really hasn't got a clue what she's doing. It annoys me when people talk a load of rubbish instead of just saying I don't know.

Mr Grumpy was happy, chatty and helpful :eek: I bet he's trying to lead me into a false sense of security and then he's gonna be miserable again. The real test will be next week when the lady who sits with us goes off for a fortnight. Get the bus ready Kally :D

I know we all talk about our kids but she never stops and whatever conversation we have she always manages to bring him into it somehow. Ooooh I might plan some conversations for tomorrow that are really way out to challenge her :D I bet she still manages to talk about him :rolleyes:

I can't believe it's only Monday cos I'm shattered already.

Good you're feeling better and 100% on plan well done. Like the plan for new fruit and veg, not sure I'd be brave enough with some of the weirder ones.:eek:

Has Mr G had a personality transplant or is he maybe a secret minis fan, and has recognised himself.:D

Can't wait to hear some of your topics for Mrs S challenge. :D

Good you're feeling better and 100% on plan well done. Like the plan for new fruit and veg, not sure I'd be brave enough with some of the weirder ones.:eek:

Has Mr G had a personality transplant or is he maybe a secret minis fan, and has recognised himself.:D

Can't wait to hear some of your topics for Mrs S challenge. :D

I wondered if Mr G was reading this but he's tall and thin so maybe his wife has recognised him :)

I'm struggling thinking of things cos she managed to get him in the conversation when we discussed sex toys :eek:

And I love Asparagus dipped in boiled eggs ;)

Yum !!! I love asparagus and boiled eggs. We have wild asparagus growing on our land. Tomorrow I will be down the lane ( Body Magic ) collecting some and then no prizes for guessing what lunch is going to be.

Suggested Topics............

Extinction of the Vancouver Island Marmot.
Russia's 2012 Space Programme.
The technical advantages of robots in the home.
Flower arranging as therapy.

And whatever else pops into your head lol !!!

You could always put a huge dose of laxative in her morning coffee. That way you would be guaranteed that she would be out of the office most of the day.........wicked............yup that's me lol !!!

I have no idea what eddoes are. Just looked them up and no idea what the things wikipedia compared them to were either so still none the wiser! :8855: x

Me neither, never heard of them or any of the other exotics...............

Eddoes are small root vegetables, a variety of Taro. They offer an intensely flavourful alternative to standard potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams and can be prepared and eaten in much the same way.

Don’t be put off by their appearance, as after removing the rough brown skin with a peeler they can be easily prepared. Once cooked they have a sweet, subtle, nutty flavour and are delicious mashed with milk, butter and a little grated nutmeg. They are also a great blend in soups and can be fried to make tasty fritters.

Eddoes are versatile vegetables and are also perfect for baking, chipping or roasting

Eddoes.jpg

What are Taros ??? Of to ask my friend Mr. Google.

Hi Tilly as usual a quick pop in did not pan out like that.

So pleased Mr. Grumpy is in danger of becoming Mr. Ungrumpy.

Your resilience in the face of adversity will pay off...........

hugs xxxx

Well it started off with us normal ones having a giggle at different things in a sex shop mag - stuff like that looks good or what the hell do you do with that. We're all having a lovely time and having a giggle and pretending we have exciting sex lives and Mrs Sandwich says now that my sons 12 we don't use those things cos he'd be able to hear. Back to earth with a bump we all came :rolleyes:

Back