Time for a diary?

Drunk Tinkerbell

Hi all

I haven't really ever kept a diary before, and I'm back on here trying a different diet, so maybe now I should see if a diary will help!

I'm 32, married mother of two. Have tried every diet in the past... Weight watchers (found it too flexible and too easy to cheat!), slimming world, Cambridge diet (effective but expensive). I did atkins maybe 8-10 years ago and lost a stone in two weeks, but then stopped doing it because I felt too poorly! Terribly weak, headaches, nausea etc. I think that was because I wasn't eating enough though, so I'm going to try and eat more this time (although when you're feeling nauseas, the thought of meat and eggs is not nice!)

I'm currently 12 stone, and I'd really like to be 10 stone. I'm 5ft 4.

I'm now on day 3 of atkins, got into ketosis within 24hrs somehow! But again, suffering from weakness, headache, nausea. Had mackerel and scrambled egg for breakfast and it hasn't made me feel any better.

Do people find that they feel better once they go into OWL? Maybe if I incorporated some berries or melon I might feel better and hopefully remain in ketosis?

Thank you for reading :) x

Stick with it you will start to feel better. My first few days were hell, no energy, lethargic and grumpy..... I have not cheated, and I'm feeling fantastic and 17lbs down in 3 weeks. I have only just started a diary but think I am doing ok for now.....
Fruit was a big problem for me pre Atkins so am not going there just now....

Hi Tink and welcome :)

The Atkins flu will pass, hun, just drink lots of water and don't eat if you don't feel like it - just try a little nibble every now and again, if you can.

Hi tink, like the ladies have said already, the feelings are completely normal at first. Ride through them drink plenty of water as that will flush it all out Nd get you feeling better in no time.

Hi all, thanks for replying.

Well I'm finding it a bit easier now, just struggling with eating the same foods all time! But one week in so not much longer and can move onto OWL.

Have a couple of holidays coming up which are concerning me! I'm going to struggle to not eat chocolate and crisps.

Does anyone else feel guilty if they don't join their friends eating bad food?! My friend always moans that I've always just started a diet whenever I see her, and she's right, I always seem to be two weeks into a new diet and tell her I have to be good. Whereas she's generally always good so can enjoy herself when we see each other. I understand that me being good ruins the fun for her and then feel bad. As we're going on holiday together I already know I'll join her eating the nice things ;-)

I have just had a week's holiday and can safely say I ate within Atkins rules. Lots of restaurants will prepare you as carb free a dish as possible, one cafe advertised naked burgers...(without the bun ) and a fab salad with the dressing on the side. Anyway it's your holiday too so you're friend should respect your wishes also?

There's nothing stopping your friend from eating whatever she likes - don't let her guilt you into feeling bad!

Friends can sometimes try and sabotage our woes, often without meaning to - but just keep your focus and you'll be right :)

Back