Time to get serious!

Yeah I don't really understand :-(

Still feeling crap, well until about 5mins ago when I had a little nibble of cheese with chutney, a tiny bit of turkey and currently sat, cheese string in hand - better off with fat and protein than carbs right! (I know chutney is carby)

Having a good old think about my plan of action, can't be feeling like this every day!

32 days left, no matter what I will be on step 3 at least 7 days before I go, I do know that for sure!

Y don't you just let yourself go to step 2 or 3 now? Ur still gonna lose. You will probably be happier too....

Like you say you can go on feeling like that.... listen your body Hun

Xxxx

Y don't you just let yourself go to step 2 or 3 now? Ur still gonna lose. You will probably be happier too....

Like you say you can go on feeling like that.... listen your body Hun

Xxxx

You're right, it was nice while it lasted eh? And yes, those nibbles turned into sugary stuff- so since I'm knocking myself outta ketosis anyway I may as well go on step 3!

Just a shame I didn't get to hop on my cwpcs scales before the water weight returns!

So tomorrow.. I get to eat Alpen! Woo!

X

You're right, it was nice while it lasted eh? And yes, those nibbles turned into sugary stuff- so since I'm knocking myself outta ketosis anyway I may as well go on step 3!

Just a shame I didn't get to hop on my cwpcs scales before the water weight returns!

So tomorrow.. I get to eat Alpen! Woo!

X

Good stuff! Don't worry about water weight because it will come off!!

I'm excited to see you move up the steps and following ur progress as hopefully in the not too distant future il b picking your brain (what's new?)

Yay!!

Xxx

I think you need to stop and consider what's happening first. I recognise so much of what you are feeling from my own experience. There are some universal truths that we have to accept

Food is what got us into the situation of being overweight. It wasn't water, it wasn't alcohol ( have you ever seen an overweight alcoholic) it wasn't excess exercise. It was food.

Sugary/fat laden food is probably public enemy number 1 for us all.

If we have not changed our thoughts, we have not changed our behaviour.

So. This in mind....

You did a smashing week ( so inspirational by the way) then towards the end of it already planned to sabotage your hard work by purchasing sweeties????

You know I am loving you and I think you are fab but you have to see. This behaviour needs sorting. I would love to say "hey knock yourself out and if you want to eat sweets and Oreo dairy milk by the truck load, you deserve it" but I can't say that. I know from experience ( my own and others on here trapped in the cycle of change) that we simply can't do that. We lack impulse control. We don't know when to stop. Or how to manage our behaviour in a harm reduction way. ( eat less move more anyone?)

I want to see you succeed. I know you can do this. Stop eating just because you broke the ketosis barrier. Step away from the haribo ( other gummy sweets are available)

Don't go straight back to step three. Step two. That's the way forward.

I think you need to stop and consider what's happening first. I recognise so much of what you are feeling from my own experience. There are some universal truths that we have to accept

Food is what got us into the situation of being overweight. It wasn't water, it wasn't alcohol ( have you ever seen an overweight alcoholic) it wasn't excess exercise. It was food.

Sugary/fat laden food is probably public enemy number 1 for us all.

If we have not changed our thoughts, we have not changed our behaviour.

So. This in mind....

You did a smashing week ( so inspirational by the way) then towards the end of it already planned to sabotage your hard work by purchasing sweeties????

You know I am loving you and I think you are fab but you have to see. This behaviour needs sorting. I would love to say "hey knock yourself out and if you want to eat sweets and Oreo dairy milk by the truck load, you deserve it" but I can't say that. I know from experience ( my own and others on here trapped in the cycle of change) that we simply can't do that. We lack impulse control. We don't know when to stop. Or how to manage our behaviour in a harm reduction way. ( eat less move more anyone?)

I want to see you succeed. I know you can do this. Stop eating just because you broke the ketosis barrier. Step away from the haribo ( other gummy sweets are available)

Don't go straight back to step three. Step two. That's the way forward.

Well....I can tell you one thing I'm sure of - is that I don't know what I'm doing!

The reason last night happened was because I was feeling physically week, my body was crying out for something, and sugar (logically) is an automatic for a body requiring a quick energy fix - not that that makes is right in any way. I didn't reach for the oreo, i had a few little bits here and there managing to bring my days calories in at about 1500 by the time I had finished.

The sweets were never a planned purchased - neither was the top i also bought in asda - they were both on impulse, you see it's not just food I can be addicted to theres shopping, or is it just an addiction to gratification? When I came onto plan and started loosing, shopping became a replacement for the food gratification, but at the time it served a purpose - i needed new clothes! But now my wardrobe is once again brimming - but I still keep buying - now change the words shopping and wardrobe for eating and belly - same story right.

I have no intention of going off of the wagon - i'd like to think of the "eat a chocolate and blow 3 days" mentality is gone, I'm straight back on plan this morning, but my problem is which plan - I don't know the answer, yet only I can make the decision. SS is great, it'll get me results, itll get me where I need to be quicker so I can finish this job and start a normal healthy life. BUT all it takes is a icky tummy and a lack of sleep one night to leave me a motionless, weak, pathetic wreck for the day that I was yesterday on SS. And then, because of last night knocking myself out of ketosis, I don't wanna have the hell of going back in again. I want to eat more normally - which I can on step 3 - yet at the same time i want to do SS and get the results. I don't want to do step 2 - It's a faff and I'm bored of it - yes i am throwing my toys out of the pram - and clearly I don't have a clue what i want or what I am playing at :-( This, combined with what is going to be the most stressful month of my career at work. Was about to sit there and have a quick cry this morning (makes it all a bit better right) but just as that was about to happen, Rana wanted to video call me so quickly composed myself.

Well... what I do know I want is to be over with this, at target, enjoying a NORMAL healthy way of eating :-(

So where am I today - I have 3 shakes in my bag and a cambridge ready meal on hand just in case. So, just carry on as usual for now I guess :-/

Well....I can tell you one thing I'm sure of - is that I don't know what I'm doing!

The reason last night happened was because I was feeling physically week, my body was crying out for something, and sugar (logically) is an automatic for a body requiring a quick energy fix - not that that makes is right in any way. I didn't reach for the oreo, i had a few little bits here and there managing to bring my days calories in at about 1500 by the time I had finished.

The sweets were never a planned purchased - neither was the top i also bought in asda - they were both on impulse, you see it's not just food I can be addicted to theres shopping, or is it just an addiction to gratification? When I came onto plan and started loosing, shopping became a replacement for the food gratification, but at the time it served a purpose - i needed new clothes! But now my wardrobe is once again brimming - but I still keep buying - now change the words shopping and wardrobe for eating and belly - same story right.

I have no intention of going off of the wagon - i'd like to think of the "eat a chocolate and blow 3 days" mentality is gone, I'm straight back on plan this morning, but my problem is which plan - I don't know the answer, yet only I can make the decision. SS is great, it'll get me results, itll get me where I need to be quicker so I can finish this job and start a normal healthy life. BUT all it takes is a icky tummy and a lack of sleep one night to leave me a motionless, weak, pathetic wreck for the day that I was yesterday on SS. And then, because of last night knocking myself out of ketosis, I don't wanna have the hell of going back in again. I want to eat more normally - which I can on step 3 - yet at the same time i want to do SS and get the results. I don't want to do step 2 - It's a faff and I'm bored of it - yes i am throwing my toys out of the pram - and clearly I don't have a clue what i want or what I am playing at :-( This, combined with what is going to be the most stressful month of my career at work. Was about to sit there and have a quick cry this morning (makes it all a bit better right) but just as that was about to happen, Rana wanted to video call me so quickly composed myself.

Well... what I do know I want is to be over with this, at target, enjoying a NORMAL healthy way of eating :-(

So where am I today - I have 3 shakes in my bag and a cambridge ready meal on hand just in case. So, just carry on as usual for now I guess :-/

Hey hun just reading threw what you've said above... think back to when you first started, your body never rebelled like this... okay maybe for the first few days until ketosis had set in but after that there were no weak motionless days. I know you like SS cause it will get you results quicker but I really think the weakness is your body telling you you need more. Remember your not back at start weight so maybe going up a higher step will be better for you. I know it might be slower weight loss but maybe it might actually work out the same as staying on SS and having those days where you are so weak you need to knock your self out of ketosis which will slow weight loss down probably to the same rate as 100% on a higher step? Does that even make sense. And I hope I dont sound like im preaching or being patronising im worried your making yourself suffer unnecessarily.

We love you ria... keep going :) x

Hey Ria, stay strong :) you have come so far you should feel so proud of yourself!! - Agree with Lynne, when you have so little left to lose then i don't think our bodies can cope with SS or SS+, mine certainly couldn't, when I got to between 12 and 14lbs left to go, I felt sick, dizzy, weak, and very very emotional, so did step 2 (quite half heartedly, with a few extras here and there), went to step 3 after 4 days, did that for 2 weeks, and now am losing about 1lb a week doing a mixture of step 3, healthy eating and just keeping my calorie count to around 1000 to 1200 a day.
Not saying you should do the same, but listen to your body if you feel weak then you need more, not lots and not bad stuff, but healthy nice things, and when you feel you are not depriving yourself it really does help with the emotions :)

I hope you have reached a decision, don't flounder around and fall at the last hurdle, you are stronger than that and truly an inspiration :)

13.3 start weight 11.2 right now and going inwards and onwards! x

Hi Ria

I haven't posted in ages *she says hiding in the corner* but I was moved to give you my insight :). When I first did Cambridge I was 100% and the weight flew off me :D. I had no issues and happy did SS/SS+ for 5 months.

However when I was a couple pounds from my target I got really ill :-(. It was so sudden! One minute I was fine then the next I was shaking, had a loss of appetite, I could hardly get out of bed. My stomach ached and I just felt awful. It was so frightening I nearly went to A&E.

Anyway I went to my doctors and had several tests and he couldn't find anything wrong with me. Yes my blood platelets were abnormal and my red blood cells low but this was no explanation for my symptoms.

I didn't want to tell him I was on Cambridge because I didn't want him to automatically blame the diet. However after considering what was happening to me there was no other explanation except SS/SS+. I was ordered to start eating again and immediately felt better.

When I mentioned this to my current Cambridge counsellor she said the same thing happened to her. It is not uncommon that when close to goal people can no longer tolerate SS/SS+. The body can just not take it :-(.

So after that long ramble my advice is to listen to your body. It knows what it needs. Granted the higher steps will mean it takes a bit longer to lose the rest of your weight but the upside is that it will be a lot more bearable :). I know you're not a fan of exercise but a higher step and some form of exercise will really help to shift the rest.

Be good to yourself sweetie, you've come so far :D. Whatever you do you're still my hero ;-).

Mel x

Good Morning!

Thank you for all of your replies, I'd love to reply to everyone indvidually but unfortunately time is of a premium :-(

Like I said in my last post the next 4 weeks are going to be nothing less than mental. I have a major project to complete before holiday and TBH at the moment I have no idea if I can actually get it done in that time :-/

Diet wise, I'm taking each day as it comes. I was off plan over the weekend, feeling pretty down saturday - ya know when you just want to cry all the time - not great. I got my backside into gear sunday, hoovered and washed my car, did all my washing, baked a cake, felt a bit better after all of that..

Went back on plan yesterday, but where I was so busy only managed 3 packs, also managed to complete the full 20mins of 30day shred - id only ever got as far as 6 minutes before - so that was an achievement! Going to SS for as long as it feels comfortable, then as soon as it becomes difficult again I'll switch back to step 3. TBH I can't be doing with all of the faff of cooking right now which is my main reason for SSing!

Soooo tired, but gotta march on through!!

Just managed my second session of shred!

Then felt good, thought hey, don't need that 4th shake... Think again... Went downstairs, did NOT feel right at all, whoops, had my 4th shake and. Recovered!!

Phew.

Tummys gurgling like a mo fo!

Just managed my second session of shred!

Then felt good, thought hey, don't need that 4th shake... Think again... Went downstairs, did NOT feel right at all, whoops, had my 4th shake and. Recovered!!

Phew.

Tummys gurgling like a mo fo!

Lol your crazy!! Glad the shred is going well :)

It's all for the greater good eh?

Xxx

The greater gooooood....

I hurt! Glad I showered before bed last night, wouldn't have managed it this morning!!

My right calf tightened mid way through some jumping jacks, really hoping it eases off during the day as it'd be nice to keep this going!

Ow ow ow ow owwww!

Think I'm having a metabolic nightmare.... Cinnamon in my shake + green tea tablet + last nights shred + probably going into ketosis = me feeling jittery as hell!!!

*takes deep breath*

Ive just finished a week of nights. My body completely rebelled. The body is the strangest thing. I managed a 2lbs loss... got a bit of a telling off from my consultant... I wasnt trying thought haha. Chin up think of your skinny holiday to see your lovely man :)

Ive just finished a week of nights. My body completely rebelled. The body is the strangest thing. I managed a 2lbs loss... got a bit of a telling off from my consultant... I wasnt trying thought haha. Chin up think of your skinny holiday to see your lovely man :)

Lol, funny loosing weight when you don't actually want to... So crazy.... I think I can only dream of that!

Just had a shake, feeling a little better for it, still feeling mildly dodgy... My emotional stressed self wants to reach for the biscuits someone just opened! (I won't)

Back