Time to get skinny!

BrightonBetty

Silver Member
Right. I have decided to take up SW again as I do love my food. Also trying for a baby so want to introduce healthy eating and hopefully not a massive gain during pregnancy like I have in the past! Got my wedding in June 2013 too so need to get in some sort of shape!

B: coffee, herbal tea, alpen bar

L: fresh fruit (pineapple, grapes, apple) and a naughty half a croissant! (Joys of working in hospitality!) Will need to stop that so once I get my books from my first meeting tonight I shall get organised!

No idea what to have for dinner... Will browse through the books and find some inspiration!

Good luck to me, I am rubbish when it comes to sticking to diets... :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just had my first weigh in so starting weight is 15 st 12. Last time I started I was 16 something so in excited and motivated.

Consultant was pleased with me that I decided to start before Christmas and in pleased with myself too.

Bought some hi-fi bars and SW recipe books and off we go :)

Hiya, i have just started back on SW too, good luck with your weightloss, its going to be a challenge at this time of year with all the goodies around!

Hi!

Thank you so much! Good luck to you too Jaysh, it is not going to be easy but it needs to be done! I wish I had just once stuck to my diet - I'd be skinny now!

Abigail's mummy - a fellow Brightonian, yay, nice to meet you! You only started too? Please, stalking is so welcome, hopefully that will actually keep me on track ;-)

PS. These Lemon Merangue Hi-Fi bars are B E A U T I F U L :D

And I put the order in with Sainsbury's tonight. Veg, fruit, ham, bacon, eggs, fish - here I come! Celebrating OH and my engagement on Sunday (strawberries, choc fondue and prosecco - HELP! :( )

How are you getting on?

Right. First day properly on SW - I think I will have boiled eggs and some fruit for breakfast.

Need to get my recipe books out for lunch :)

Recommendations are welcome! :)

B: tomato, piece of cucumber, lettuce, 2 hard boiled eggs, sprinkle of balsamic vinegar and coffee (ss milk as HEa)

L: quorn chicken fillets, boiled potatoes, low fat cottage cheese mixed with tomatoes and cucumber

D: Pasta, tomato and herb sauce, tuna, sweetcorn and peas

Snacks: banana

Last edited:
Where do the lemon meringue hi fi bars come from, they sound lovely! Many syns in them?
Congratulations on the engagement!

I got them from my meeting last night! One bar is either 1 healthy extra B or 5.5 syns x

Thank you! We have known for a while but as his sister got married in November we decided to keep it as a secret so we wouldn't steal the limelight with our news.

How's your day so far?

Right. First day properly on SW - I think I will have boiled eggs and some fruit for breakfast.

Need to get my recipe books out for lunch :)

Recommendations are welcome! :)

B: tomato, piece of cucumber, lettuce, 2 hard boiled eggs, sprinkle of balsamic vinegar and coffee (ss milk as HEa)

L: quorn chicken fillets, boiled potatoes, low fat cottage cheese mixed with tomatoes and cucumber

The recipe books are brilliant, I have them all..lol! I like your lunch...im going to steal that idea..;) Hope you are doing ok today.

Hey!

Yes, that lunch was yummy! I sprinkled spices on the fillets, tasted so good!

I was hungry in the evening though and didn't have much to snack on... Hoping to be more prepared today.

Brunch: Had bacon, eggs and some fried potatoes and tomatoes for brunch.

Late lunch: leftover tuna pasta

D: home made rogan josh with rice

Snacks: Muller light, satsumas, banana, option

HeA: semi skimmed milk
HeB: hi-fi bar
How are you today?

Last edited:
I got engaged yesterday!!!

So I started the morning so well, went out for breakfast before I knew he was going to propose, went to a patisserie and all I had was a black coffee and a fresh fruit bowl.

But then after the event we came home, had 2 glasses of champagne, 1 slice of pizza and some strawberries dipped in chocolate... So not the best when it comes to SW...

But I'm back on track today!

B: satsuma, 2 slices of whole meal bread, extra light Philadelphia and lettuce. Coffee.

Hope everyone is having a good day x

Congrats on ur engagement!! I'm sure what you had you can cover with a little exercise or some sins and still have a good loss! Did u manage to maintain ur 10ib loss from ese as I'm dubious as to wether it works or not I only done 2fasts but the thread has went dead n don't want to keep trying for it not to be maintainable! Ooh I see u r Plannin a baby too soo exciting xx

Thank you! :) I did manage to keep 6 pounds off. It worked really well but I just want to introduce healthy eating ready for pregnancy and beyond :) the thread is quite dead I know, lots of people think its bad but I don't think so. How are you getting on? x

Well I did the 2fasts the first week but had couple big nights out n dinner etc so I Sts, which in reality shud b great but because I never saw a loss I never stuck to it and have been saying since that I am going to fast but not managed so goin to try again this week especially since u r proof that it isn't all water weight!I've got works meals out next 2days so think il start on Thursday! Yeah def isn't the plan to do if tryin for baby, sw will be good as encourages plenty fruit n veg etc!!xx

Good luck! I do believe it is very effective and I didn't deprive myself at all on days off. Had what I wanted but obviously didn't go crazy.

Note to self: MugShots are disgusting. I ordered lots from Sainabury's but they are awful.

Thank you so much, I am! So very happy.

Rather rubbish day today. Days at work tend to be rubbish when it comes to eating.

B: coffee

L: 2 bananas and 1 Alpen Light

D: paella rice with quorn chicken and prawns. Fat free fromage frais with options powder. Few pieces of galaxy.

Back