Time to Shrink: Charlie's Slimming World Diary

Hi, I'm Charlie, I'm 22 and live with my boyfriend in Leicestershire.

I started slimming world last Monday and had my first weigh in tonight. Lost 3lb which I'm chuffed about as I went out on Saturday night and had far too much to drink and ate half a chicken burger and chips. Then on Sunday I went for dinner at the inlaws and had too many syns again. Oooops.

But I'm all set up to behave myself this week: had my online shop delivered yesterday and have planned all of my meals. And I'm working this weekend so won't be going out!!!

Today I've eaten:
B: blueberry wheats (HEXB) with yoghurt and loads of blueberries and strawberries.
L: ham salad.
D: slimming world chicken curry and a poppadom (2.5syns)
Am about to have a glass of milk and some ben and jerrys (10 syns worth)

This has turned into an epic first post so I'll leave it at that for now!

3lbs gone, 99lbs to go!
:)

After saying how I'd planned all of my meals for this week, today I haven't stuck to them at all!
This morning, I woke up late, so didn't have time for breakfast, or to get anything to take to work. Got there at 0750 when I was meant to be there for 0745. Oh well. So I didn't eat breakfast at all.
At lunchtime, I had a jacket potato with beans with a big side salad. About the only thing I can have when I'm out for lunch with work like I was today.
Then I didn't get home from work until 1800 and OH has to go out at 1830 so didn't have time to cook dinner, but was blooooooody starving. I was very good and had a slice of ham and a muller light.
Gonna cook the all day breakfast thingymajig that was in the mag last month for when OH is back. Cannot wait!
Need to get organised this evening and make some lunch to take to work tomorrow. Don't know what though, as I was meant to be off tomorrow so can't have what I had planned. Not going to have anywhere to re-heat anything so I'm going to have a rummage in the fridge and see what I can find that I can eat cold.
xx

Hey Charliebluefox! Welcome to SW :D

I'm 22 also, a similar-ish weight to you and also live with my boyfriend- so I guess we have a similar set up going on!
Shame you were in a rush yesterday morning- it's really important to have something for breakfast as it really effects your metabolism for the day! I suggest getting some cereal bars (you can have 2 x Alpen Light bars as a Hex B but they're no way as nice as 1 x Special K Chewy Delight bars which are AMAZING!) and leaving a box at work (hide them ;)) and some apples or such, or keeping a few bars in your handbag just in case that happens again! You'll negatively effect you weight loss by skipping breakie as your body has been starving itself all night and needs something to wake up out of that starvation mode if it's going to burn any fat throughout the day.

How brave of you to face the Ben and Jerry's! I'd probably finish the lot if it were in my freezer and open :p

How are you finding the plan so far? :)

Subscribed so will be back to see your updates! x

Well done on the 10 syns of B&J....wouldn't manage that myself, whole tub for me, especially if its cookie dough *licks lips*

Hey Charliebluefox! Welcome to SW :D

I'm 22 also, a similar-ish weight to you and also live with my boyfriend- so I guess we have a similar set up going on!
Shame you were in a rush yesterday morning- it's really important to have something for breakfast as it really effects your metabolism for the day! I suggest getting some cereal bars (you can have 2 x Alpen Light bars as a Hex B but they're no way as nice as 1 x Special K Chewy Delight bars which are AMAZING!) and leaving a box at work (hide them ;)) and some apples or such, or keeping a few bars in your handbag just in case that happens again! You'll negatively effect you weight loss by skipping breakie as your body has been starving itself all night and needs something to wake up out of that starvation mode if it's going to burn any fat throughout the day.

How brave of you to face the Ben and Jerry's! I'd probably finish the lot if it were in my freezer and open :p

How are you finding the plan so far? :)

Subscribed so will be back to see your updates! x

I've got some alpen lights... no idea why I didn't take them. I really have to force myself to eat breakfast but know how important it is. Need to find some quick n easy stuff that I actually like! Will try the special k bars you mentioned though.

I've done SW before, about a year or so ago, lost a stone and then gave up for some reason :confused: I do like it because of the amount of different foods you CAN eat! And I know it's a cliché but it doesn't feel like too much of a diet!

I'll have a nosey around for your diary!

Well done on the 10 syns of B&J....wouldn't manage that myself, whole tub for me, especially if its cookie dough *licks lips*

I have about 3 tubs of B&J's in the freezer. 10 syns worth is going to be my Monday night treat after weigh in on a Monday night!

I've got some alpen lights... no idea why I didn't take them. I really have to force myself to eat breakfast but know how important it is. Need to find some quick n easy stuff that I actually like! Will try the special k bars you mentioned though.

I've done SW before, about a year or so ago, lost a stone and then gave up for some reason :confused: I do like it because of the amount of different foods you CAN eat! And I know it's a cliché but it doesn't feel like too much of a diet!

I'll have a nosey around for your diary!

Alpen lights are almost a chore to eat to me, I just try and get rid of the 5 boxes I bought on offer last year last year- Special K chewy delight is like a chocolate bar :| so good! I really look forward to them each day, love 'em!

Sorry if I sounded patronising earlier with the breakfast statement- I know everyone knows that breakfast is important! Definitely surround yourself with stuff you can grab before you leave. You can get instant 'just add hot water' pots of porridge that are quite handy- HexB but not A as you don't use milk. The plain ones are free and they're yummy with a spoonful of honey. There are cheaper alternatives to the brand stuff that are basically the same thing in big stores.
Not really sure what your work environment is like, but if I worked a proper job (am a freelancer, lol) I'd definitely stock up on snacks and potential breakfasts, a few pots of porridge, a jar of honey and a few packs of mug shots under the desk would be essential to me! Whenever I go out I take the Special K bars and some fruit as I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I'm hungry and only have maximum synful stuff around!

TOTALLY agree with what you say though- it doesn't feel like a diet really at all! It's a way of educating our way of cooking and eating, having some control over treats but not abolishing htem. I mean, I can have a nice juicy spag bol with cheese on top as often as I want as long as I have 1/3rd superfree- easy! I guess the idea is that when you start getting bored you have to start experimenting with the SW recipe's!
x

Alpen lights are almost a chore to eat to me, I just try and get rid of the 5 boxes I bought on offer last year last year- Special K chewy delight is like a chocolate bar :| so good! I really look forward to them each day, love 'em!

Sorry if I sounded patronising earlier with the breakfast statement- I know everyone knows that breakfast is important! Definitely surround yourself with stuff you can grab before you leave. You can get instant 'just add hot water' pots of porridge that are quite handy- HexB but not A as you don't use milk. The plain ones are free and they're yummy with a spoonful of honey. There are cheaper alternatives to the brand stuff that are basically the same thing in big stores.
Not really sure what your work environment is like, but if I worked a proper job (am a freelancer, lol) I'd definitely stock up on snacks and potential breakfasts, a few pots of porridge, a jar of honey and a few packs of mug shots under the desk would be essential to me! Whenever I go out I take the Special K bars and some fruit as I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I'm hungry and only have maximum synful stuff around!

TOTALLY agree with what you say though- it doesn't feel like a diet really at all! It's a way of educating our way of cooking and eating, having some control over treats but not abolishing htem. I mean, I can have a nice juicy spag bol with cheese on top as often as I want as long as I have 1/3rd superfree- easy! I guess the idea is that when you start getting bored you have to start experimenting with the SW recipe's!
x

No you didn't sound patronising!

I find it really hard to stay on track at work. I'm a support worker for people with learning disabilities, so where my service users go, I go! Today I was supporting at college and they made pancakes in the morning (didn't have one!) then this afternoon there was prawn crackers and sweet chilli dip on the tables (may have had one or two...) A couple of times a week I take them out for lunch, so I end up with jacket potato and beans which I'm getting really bored of! I work some pretty long days too and don't get a lunch break where I can nip out and buy anything if I do forget/don't have time to take anything. And leaving things at work isn't an option as I'm based in people's homes! Anyway I'll stop moaning and making excuses, I just need to be organised and I'm fine!

I need to try these special k bars. Are they on offer anywhere at the minute?
X

So today's food:

B: blueberry wheats (HEXB) with yoghurt and loads of blueberries and strawberries.
L: leftovers from last night's all day breakfast thingy which was actually nicer cold than it was last night (4 syns for the sausages as asda substituted the weightwatchers ones for walls :banghead: and 0.5 syns for some ketchup)
T: Chilli risotto that someone made for taster evening on Monday. Tweaked their recipe slightly and it was lovely. (Free)
Snacks: alpen light (3 syns) about 5 prawn crackers and sweet chilli dip (5 syns just to be safe!)

So that's 12.5 syns and I've realised I've not had my HEXA. Glass of milk later I think.

Could just eat a bar of chocolate...
Must. Be. Strong!

Chilli risotto sounds great! I made my first risotto last week so would love to hear the recipe for that!

If Asda substitute things you can tell them to take it back! Actually, only used Asda delivery once (for the first time money off thingy) and they were pretty cool- one of the soups I had ordered had smashed on the way and the guy gave us EVERYTHING that had gotten splashed by soup- for free! Saved us about a fiver! Ha!
We ususally order through Sainsbury's now but it takes forever to do- no?! Usually takes us an hour even though it saves our stuff from last time! Once I ordered 20 packs of their basic beef stock cubes because I LOVE them and shove them in everything (and they're 10p for a packet!) and they gave me 19 and substituted one for expensive Know stuff :p ha, take that crap back, sir!
Still making my way through those packs of stock... Might have been a bit of a silly number, to order 20 :p but only cost £2! And the small places never have them! hehehe

Just realised I didn't see your earlier post! Ah, I see why things are tricky at work. When I first came on here I was asking for advice for pack lunches when on locational shoots and someone said that if you put a pack of savory rice in a thermos flask in the morning and top it up with water then give it a shake every couple of hours (leaving it lying flat) by lunch it is perfect!
I tried this however and it was disgusting and only half cooked, I'm 99% sure this was because it wasnt a great thermos though, as it.didnt even keep my hot chocolate hot for an hour when I took it out recently! Might be great if you have a decent thermos! A lot of people also suggested making pasta the night before and layering it quickly with salad/chicken slices etc in the morning.
Mug shots are great though, it shouldnt be troubling clients to ask for a mug of hot water and they are quite filling! Have you tried them?

What sort of learning disabilities do you work with? I had a tutor at school for dyslexia/dispraxia and ADHD tendencies :rolleyes: I think I just was a visual learner and unable to focus, bored by the schooling system!

X

Back