Time to try something new...

Lily

Gold Member
Hi everybody.

I didn’t want to just disappear without saying goodbye and thank you.

The time has come, I fear, to try something else. Don’t get me wrong, the Cambridge Diet has been wonderful for me. I started out at nearly eighteen stones back in October 2007. I managed to get down to twelve stones before falling off plan. I’m currently around thirteen and a half stones so that’s still four and a half stones down.

Those of you who’ve been around here for a while will know I’ve tried numerous restarts, some more successful than others. But I promised myself that I’d try something different once it became obvious it was working for me any more. And it isn’t, though strictly speaking, it’s my head that’s not working, not Cambridge itself. :)

So after 21 months on and off Cambridge, I’m pottering on over to Slimming World to lose the rest of my weight. And I’m determined that I will get shot of those last three pesky stones. I just need to be eating now. If I’d got CD right first time, it would’ve been fine, but 21 months is a long time to be sitting with a bottle of water at social events. People get that glazed look in their eyes when I tell them that yes, I’m still doing Cambridge. :rolleyes:

Having said that, I would recommend Cambridge to anyone who’s ever struggled to lose weight. It’s probably saved my life.

To all those newbies out there who’ve yet to give it a go—do it! And to those of you who are in the middle of the journey, I urge you—don’t stop! It’s one hell of a lot easier to get to where you want to be if you don’t take any unplanned breaks.

Finally, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you here, no matter how new you might be to the forum. There’s no way I would’ve made it as far as I did without the help and support of everyone here, particularly in the early days. You guys are fab and I’m going to miss you!

May you all be fabulously skinny by Christmas. :D

good luck on your journey lilly. my supervisor at work swears by sw. she keeps saying to me "i don't know hoow you can do without food" as she's stuffing into half a chicken and most of the salad counter from the canteen. think little black number for xmas :)

Good luck on SW.....well done on the 4st loss so far.

you have to do what is best for you hun!
Good luck with S/W
xxxx

Well done on your great loss with CD - a fantastic weight loss and it must have changed you considerably. Good luck with SW - it really suits some people. Hope you manage to get to target with it......mmmmm all that summer fruit!

Good luck, and well done for your loss so far! x

Welldone Lily on your weight loss and I wish you every success, thanks for saying goodbye and also letting us know that we should keep going. I am sure you will find the right ay for you and you are 4 stones down and that's a hell of an achievement, love and hugs x

Best wishes for your new path with SW.

Goodbye and good luck with what ever you do :)

Good luck! You have done so fantastically well, you will get to target no problem with SW, I am sure xx

Aw... thank you. :D

I wasn't expecting so many replies, especially as I'm jumping ship. Thank you for all the encouraging words - it means a lot.

I'll definitely be popping in from time to time to see who's now a size 10, LOL.

So far, so good on SW. I haven't lost anything yet - but then I didn't expect to thanks to refilling my glycogen and water stores - I'm just grateful my weight hasn't jumped up by 9 pounds. It's gonna take longer, no doubt about that - but it's looking like this is something I might be able to do in the longer term.

Here's hoping. I'll guess I'll be back if it doesn't!

Good luck everyone. :D

Back