Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

Sneaky peeky at the scales and I've kinda been stuck at the same amount for a few days. I'm not stressing tho as I KNOW I've stuck to my cals and I have a theory! The scales have been stuck for the same amount of time that I've been having 'transit issues' lol :) if no joy today it's gonna be sennakot city tonight!! This problem has surprised me as I've been pretty varied in my diet and it's not usually a problem! Haven't drank as much water since I caught this cold tho so will force down a few glasses and see. Yurk.

On a brighter note I feel a bit more energetic today so if I can get a sitter i'll be giving zumba at the gym a go! If no sitter then I'm hitting the wii version. I want to lose something after 3 days of STS for weigh in tomoz!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I hate it when the numbers stick. It's the most soul-destroying thing, it really is! Usually when I stick for a few days (the worst ever was 10 days!) it's followed by a big drop. Hopefully you'll find that too. TOTM can play merry hell with the scales as well :(

As for the 'transit issues' LOL that happened to me near the start of the diet until my body settled into it. Keep swigging the water. Figs are good too and not very calorific!

Glad you're feeling better today :) Have a good one!

WEIGH IN!!!

Start weight 195
Wk 1 192.6. -2.4
Wk 2. 189.0. -2.6

Pretty happy with weigh in this week :) bit annoyed as I've stuck to cals rigidly and was 188 for last 4 days which has suddenly jumped!! But I'm sure it'll even out in the end.

Did my best at the BBQ but it was quite protein heavy so maybe that was it? It's half term this week so the main goal is just not to GAIN haha it's raining All day every day so far :( poor kids.

Yay!!! Excellent loss, well done! x

Woohooo! Great weigh-in :D

It was bloody hard staying off the garlic bread last night tho !!!! It just smelt so damn good!!!! I have an evil plan for this tho. It involves those new warbutons square wraps, garlic, parsley and 1 cal spray.........worth a try!!

Ugh BIG mistake working out how long to goal at 2 lb a week!! Sob sob it feels like miles away!!

But ive reread through my initial goals and I'm reminded that I'm only a little way into my 'journey' which at it's core isn't really about being skinny anyway!!! And altho the binge demon is quiet at the mo I'd be silly too think I'd killed him after two weeks!

I HAVE kept to cal limit. I HAVE eaten well.and i HAVE controlled the bingeing and if I haven't quite managed the exercise I wanted at least I've done some! Much more than I was before!

Things on my to do list :)

Work out more!!
Carry on what I've started RE emotional eating
Eat less chicken!! More fish!!
Cut back on the packaged 'diet' food! It has it's uses but I need to get out of relying on it.

:)

One day at a time and you will be surprised how quickly it adds up. Can't believe I've been at it over a year... I always give up after 5 mins, lol! If I can do it so can you! x

lindseydodd408 said:
One day at a time and you will be surprised how quickly it adds up. Can't believe I've been at it over a year... I always give up after 5 mins, lol! If I can do it so can you! x

Ah yes the days of muesli for breakfast and in the chippy by lunch haha! Think we've all been there!!

Loooooooong day today! I'm sorry to say my exercise plans for the day are dead in the water AGAIN. this stinky cold is now a really nasty dose of sinusitis and I'm slowly dying here!

Feel like I've been punched in the nose :( can't even blow the damn thing it's that painful to the touch! Have stuck to the 1200 since getting poorly but without any exercise cals to bulk it out I'm really hungry! Gonna have to cave an go to 1400 methinks! Just till I can get active again but till my face stops aching I'm slumped on the sofa! Every little movement hurt sob sob. Can't believe it's got so much worse since this morning!

I've been ill a lot this year but I'm hoping the improved diet will help fight this off faster than usual! Eating utter rubbish when your on the go from 6am till 11pm seven days a week (crazy big un doesn't really sleep much!) is kinda asking for trouble really!!

Stupid considering I'm too sick for the wii BUT I'm kinda pondering the C25K as prep for maybe doing the RFL? I'm trying to convince K and J that they want to play with me but I suspect J is scared that us two fatties will woop her lazy skinny ass haha. K is convinced she's too big and can't do it etc but if ya can dance till Dawn in high heels girl you can run round a lake......slowly......like me haha!! Suggested hubby join me but he looked very very doubtfull lol I know he'd be able to do it but I think he was eyeing up my backside and calculating how far he can carry me when I collapse!! The answer was obviously not far enough!

1400 should be ok. I listen to my body a lot - calorie counting isn't an exact art anyway, so if it's telling you that you need something, then you probably do!

I hear you on the sleep thing. We sleep in shifts here. I'm usually in bed by 9pm. Hubby does the late shift and comes to bed by 1am and then I'm up at 4am with the boy for the morning shift. Still, it beats sleeping on the landing floor outside his bedroom (we had 4 years of that and it was hideous!)

If you do go for the C25k, I'll be really interested to hear how it goes. I'm pondering it. I've got ME, which makes any exercise tricky to manage, so I need to run the idea past my physio when I next see her, but I'm getting a bit worried about not being able to exercise when I'm on the boat. Although it's high-impact, I wondered if it might do the job.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Sinusitis is miserable :(

Lol moog I'm hearing you on the sleeping bags outside the door thing hahaha i had to sleep on a two seater sofa for three years at our old house!! He wouldn't go near the bedrooms!! and had to sleep downstairs.

We had to move house in the end! The estate agent thought we were crazy coz every house we looked at we had to have two viewings lol one for us to do the sensible stuff and one for little man to give seal of approval! It worked tho! He's happier in this house than any of the previous 3 pmsl. He does sleep well generally just not for long!! And hes not fully continent so im up twice to check an change :)

Have you tried weighted blankets? They were amazing for us! Ask the occupational therapist bout em. They're just a soft blanket with little plasticy bead things hidden in but the extra weight is very soothing. He has a weighted vest at school. Brushing therapy is really good too (sorry if you've tried these lol but they are still relatively new an not every health authority are using them) you brush the skin with a soft little surgical brush to desensitise and deaden the sensory reactions. Didn't work like that for us but when we do it he turns into a boneless heap of almost sedated jelly haha it's that relaxing to him! Very useful for 3am meltdowns! My neighbours were really chuffed we tried it :)

I'm ranting on but I KNOW how hard the sleep thing is!! It's the one thing guaranteed to make you crazy!!

just read your diary and youre doing really good so far! i have trouble with binging too...but youre doing great keep it up :)

missmariexox said:
just read your diary and youre doing really good so far! i have trouble with binging too...but youre doing great keep it up :)

:) thankyou! It's really nice how everyone encourages each other on here!! The dreaded binge monster sucks! So far so good but this week will be a challenge! Ugh half term!! I found that just breaking the cycle was hard at first as I didn't have that prop to lean on but it is getting much easier now! I'll have to wait an see how bad it is when I next have some challenging times!!! Good luck tho!!

Aaargh it's awful!! There are police taping off our street. There's been a murder 4 doors up apparently. The poor 94 yr old lady was found this afternoon by her home help. Looks like a burglary gone horribly wrong!!! It's really quite scary. The lady didn't get out much but she used to wave to the kids through the fences. What a horrible thing to happen!! Why on earth would you attack someone who could barely walk anyway????? What could she possibly have that would be worth it?? Scum of the earth.

New pills are working on my sinusitis thank god!! But they are DEFINETLY not the non drowsy kind!! I feel pretty well sedated now lol got to get better quickly as we are running out of food!! There's nothing for kids tea and no meat or fish for the grown ups lol tuna pasta with potato waffles or cornflakes is bout the best I can scrounge up!! Sigh.

OMG how awful!!! Sorry to hear you've been suffering too, I find it so hard to stick to plan when I'm poorly, so well done you!!!

I keep thinking about c25k, I keep threatening to buy running shoes... not quite got round to it yet though, lol!!! x

Absolutely gutted. Just had to CHOKE down two cadbury choc fingers to get to cal goal for today. It's a hard life sometimes.........

PS quite happy to stop at the two! Check me out lol

mmmmmmmm cadbury fingers mmmmmmmmmm

Back