Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Loving the determination from J!!! Loving even more that you are all going out to enjoy the sunshine, have a lovely day. x

LOL Sounds just like our house. Well done him with the keys and shoes!

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Onwards and downwards! Don't worry about weight sticking - I lost 3lbs in 3 days last weekend and nothing since then. It happens in very odd fits and starts.

Haha they sound funny! Hope you have a lovely day out :)

Today............epic fail on every front.

980 cals over and really wasn't worth it. But I know why I ended up on a 35 min binge. I'm not happy about it but let's just see what tomorrow brings I guess.

Just got pushed to my limits with J and feel like I'm failing my other kids. And myself. Not sure where we go from here but it can't really get worse eh? And it was only one slip up. I just wish it had been a controlled slip! Not a stupid pointless exercise in self sabotage.

Off to have a good cry in the bath an hopefully a cuddle with the OH. And get back in the saddle tomoz!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just get back on with it. It's just one slip up :) Hope what's stressing you out gets better.

Don't panic, tomorrow is another day, 980 cals is nothing compared to binges I used to have when I was a proper chunky monkey! Don't be surprised to see an initial "sodium and heaviness of food in stomach gain", be good and drink loads of water and it will soon go.

Where your children are concerned... The fact that you care and this bothers you means you are a fabulous and caring parent. Yes the others may suffer sometimes because of J, but I have no doubt that you try and make up for it whenever you get the opportunity. Your other children are more likely to grow up to be tolerant and patient adults because of J, and that can't be a bad thing. I work with young offenders and trust me, from what I've read so far on your diary you are million miles more caring and supportive than the majority of parents I have to work with. Don't cry, just take a deep breath and maybe plan for your other children to have a bit of quality time soon... if you asked them they may not even mind if J is a part of it, in fact your kids may think you're a much better mum than you are giving yourself credit for!!! x

It's an impossible balance to create. Just hang onto the fact that you're doing a GOOD job in incredibly challenging circumstances - and that applies to the diet too.

I'd start thinking ahead about what distraction techniques you can use on yourself next time. I quite enjoy a bit of eBay browsing or even (if hubby's home) getting out of the house for a bit. Anything to keep you away from the fridge! It won't always work because of the stress levels, but even if it works sometimes, it means you'll have one less thing to beat yourself up about ;)

And siblings of autistic children are often the nicest people, it does have to be said.

Thanks all. I'm just feeling a bit self pitying coz of school hols haha. I don't really have any family left now who can pitch in and OH works for a theme park so doesnt get in till after 9 during the hols!! I get a bit frazzled by day 7 lol. Just wait till the 6 weeks one!! I'm usually ready for a padded cell by week 4 :)

But hubby is off today hooray and schools are back tomoz so we are done for another few weeks!

We used to cope well with school hols. There used to be local sibling support schemes and a holiday playscheme that little J an S could go to for a break from things but theres been funding cuts (cheers mr Cameron!) and now sibling support can only offer one place per family and the Playscheme is totally closed down.

And just to make matters worse the holiday scheme for disabled kids in our local town had to sack most of the support workers so big J can't access it as there's nobody who's team teach trained anymore to work with the more Chalkenging kids.

I used to pay for all three of these services (and they weren't cheap either really) but apparently they were still part funded and can't run now there's no funding. It's a bit disgusting that kids services are down to nill but stop smoking clinic get an increase!

So 1200 cals max today and I'd better do some working out type things lol if I can burn 600 off then I'll still be under the weeks net calories so hopefully it won't be too bad Monday at WI. Must drink water!!!

Do u know I think a big bad hogfest was just what I needed to kick my ass into gear on the exercise front :) I've only been a zumba'd my butt off lol now I'm just digesting my lovely low cal lunch before I hit tesco for some BBQ fodder.

Then I'm taking whichever kids wanna go (plus the adopted extras ;) ) on a nice long off road style walk up Cannock chase :) I'm one litre of water down and another to go to start flushing all the evil sodium out too.

Food today

Fruit an fibre with semi skim 211
Turkey slice sandwich on wholemeal with salad and low fat Mayo an WW choc dessert 278
Two coffee with semi skim 50

Gotta leave plenty of cals for BBQ time later :) mmmm tomato salad and sweet chilli chicken skewers.......yum but not as yum as baked banana boats with marshmallow and choc buttons :)

Your BBQ sounds lovely! Glad to see you're feeling more positive :)

Aaaaaarrggghhhh 90 mins of scrambling up hill and down Dale with a blooming great backpack full of juice an snacks. Even the kids are whacked lol

But it's raining now so I'm BBQ'ing on my stove top......haha

OMG and you call yourself British... get outside and light that bbq under an umbrella!!! So glad you are feeling better today. I love Cannock Chase, but not been for years, you've inspired me to pay it a visit next time I'm visiting my family in staffs. x

lindseydodd408 said:
OMG and you call yourself British... get outside and light that bbq under an umbrella!!! So glad you are feeling better today. I love Cannock Chase, but not been for years, you've inspired me to pay it a visit next time I'm visiting my family in staffs. x

Lol I'm British not mental!! I have a perfectly good oven in my indoor kitchen :) J was a bit annoyed tho i dont know why as he doesnt actually eat BBQ food! But the chase is amazing! An it's only 15 min drive from us. We climbed a giant hill looking for the human sundial thing. But there was no sun so it was just kids clambering around on rocks lol if you ring the visitors centre first you can rent a huge BBQ for the day! Meat in one cooler wine in another and hard luck designated drivers!

Oooooookay. I have hopefully pulled off a bit of devious damage repair :) by doing zumba and some walking and by not eating all my cals today (just 1250) then I have actually got 980 left which is happily about what the binge was yesterday :) I figure I can get away with not eating the exercise cals today because I ate them yesterday???

So in theory my binge now never happened............ This is probably completely wrong but hey I'm going to bed a happy bunny!!

I have chugged an chugged the water till I sloshed and have NOT weighed myself at all. But it's WI tomoz so we'll see what happens then eh? Fingers crossed for at least a STS which will be ok but as it's TOTM by the next WI I am kinda hoping luck will smile on me :) don't wanna STS/gain for two weeks running haha.

I'm gonna carry on weighing a few times a week for a bit longer coz I want to get a feel for how TOTM affects things (didn't have them regularly on my last diet mission!) but then I'm giving it up!!! It's too much stress.

Right off to munch my WW choc cream eclair......which I was forced to eat to get over 1200 lol

I'm liking your theory... I'll back you 100% if anyone doubts it!!! x

Well done :) Good to see you're not letting it sit on your mind and you're doing something about it! Good luck with the weigh in!

My handcream smells like vanilla cupcakes..........I kinda wanna nibble my own fingers........

Muahahahaha 2lbs down :) I now weigh 187 preeeeeecisely. The theory worked
:) :) :)

Think it's aqua aerobics today. Off to burn a bit more lol.

Well done! :)

I'm not liking dieting this arvo!!! My first bit of kid free time in ages should be full of jezza, bacon sarnies and cups of tea that come with a biscuit!!! Not aqua aerobics and blooming lettuce lol
Ah well when I'm thin I can fill my kid free time with shopping for teeeeeeny tiny clothes instead!!!

Back