Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

I'm such a freaking drama queen!! Hangs head in shame. Please just slap me for my ungrateful whining!!!!

Been to record my weekly official WI on the monday thread an I have lost this week :) I'm 2lb lighter today than last monday. So even tho I had a freaky gain which despite my bleating has come off relatively easy, overall the week has been a win. I need to stop wigging out at the drop of a hat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Loosing weight does that to you. Don't apologise, we all do it. :)

Well done, 2lbs, yay!!! :)

Muahahaha finally done all my app updates an I'm scampering round my kitchen scanning stuff with the MFP app!!! Great fun but now I wanna eat all the shizzle I've been scanning :( heehee!!!

I'm horribly addicted to bleeding dark choc now tooooo. It's whispering sweet nothings to me from the naughty cupboard......

Jamie is meant to be on an outdoors pursuits day today but I've been called up to go sort him out and am now trapped here supervising him having had no breakfast an with my lunch sitting at home :( just had a carton of ribena and a mini pack of White choc buttons donated from the staff!! Healthy it may not be but I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere with low blood sugar and 45 profoundly disabled kids!! I'm gonna have a killer headache later!!!

At least you got something to eat :D I hate being caught short and you start feeling all dizzy and light headed a la lack of sugar! Plus if I don't eat for a few hours there's like the big grumpy Lucy monster inside me tha comes out and spreads her grumpiness everywhere!

I went to play with the new baby :) yaaaaaay!!!! But even better when I got home MY BESTEST BUDDY IS PREGNANT whoooooo!!!!! I get to be Naughty auntie Tina all over again :) :) :) fingers crossed now tho as her last two pregnancies have been pretty rough :(

It's like a baby production line at the mo in my life lol

Mmmm steak!!! Really rather enjoyed my bit of red meat tonight :)

Been swimming with the offspring and hubby today :) lotsa fun an giggles an a wave machine!!! Yay.

Also lost a pound so far this week :) would be nice to do another by mon!! I'm 173 now. I could be seeing the 170's very soon!! How exciting!!!

Starvation mode? Anyone know how you 'know' if your not eating enough???

I'm feeling ok generally etc but since I quit snacking (mostly) I've come in at between 1000 and 1200 and I did scare myself yesterday!! Due to unforeseen circumstances (really honestly lol I did not set out to starve for a day!!!) I didn't eat for 20odd hours and was fine all day untill i just suddenly felt really ill (no surprise there really!!!) but even after I finally ate I really didn't feel better!! Then after I got into bed I suddenly got the most awfull chills. I couldn't stop shivering violently and I felt really awfull!! I was so so cold my hands and feet were like ice cubes but it wasn't actually cold!!

I've really not been hungry today and I've been feeling dizzy an lightheaded since lunchtime yesterday? was rushing AGAIN today so had a fruit bag breakfast (I know I know it was stupid!!) then was feeling that spaced out I grabbed a tuna sandwich about 11.30 even tho i wasnt actually hungry yet and some carrot sticks about 1pm. Then I ate again at 7pm (steak potato shells homemade coleslaw) and while I don't feel so cold tonight I do still feel a bit lightheaded?

I think what I'm wondering is.....should I STILL feel this bad from such a long 'fast' or are the after effects lingering because I have had a reduced cal intake for a while? And could my weird weight blips be down to me being in starvation mode? But I am still losing weight (so far!!) an I'm a bit scared of starvation mode coz I heard it can take months to get out of it!!!

Hunger can give you chills, dizziness and tiredness. I'm no expert on starvation mode, but I thought it took a bit longer to kick in.
Hope you feel a bit better today :)

Feel much better today!! An the scales are still slowly moving in the right direction!! So I think I got away with it lol

I HAVE to clothes shop today. Boo. I usually hate it but hopefully it'll be more fun now I'm thinner haha!!! Been thru my wardrobe an I have two pairs of jeans,one pair black trousers, one Tshirt and a blouse that fit properly. Everything else is hanging off me an making me look bigger than I am lol which after all this effort I'm damned if I'm having that!!! So I'm off to get a pair of combats, a denim skirt, some cheap summery tee's an a couple of office type tops for meetings :) don't wanna buy a lot coz I'm hoping I might drop a last dress size with the last stone ;)

It takes a few days, it isn't instant. But because you had a few days with a lower intake, maybe you were sitting teetering on a fence almost and those 20 hours pushed you over the edge. I guess if you think about it, normally if you're eating say 2000 calories a day and then don't eat for 20 hours, there's still left overs for your body to use up to keep you going for a bit. So if you were running on empty, there weren't any leftover scraps for your body to use during that time and it had a little bit of a wobble.

Have fun shopping, you definitely deserve it!!

I have the same problem Tina! I bought some summer dresses a few months ago as I thought they're less likely to look baggy and horrible with any weight I lost over the summer, but now we're going through a horrible cold spell in central Europe and I only have one pair of jeans that fit me that I've now worn pretty much every day for 3 weeks!

And with the starvation mode thing, I think one day would be unlikely to do much harm in the long term, but it does sound pretty nasty.

That sounds nasty, Tina - maybe it was really low blood sugar? I always feel absolutely dire if I miss a meal - I go from really hungry to sick, sweaty and shaking (how attractive) in about 15 minutes. Even my DH knows now that when I say I'm hungry I have to find proper food (not chocolate or crisps) FAST!

But still, try not to do it again (maybe put a protein bar in your handbag, or something!), because I am sure it's not good for your body (although I doubt it would do anything to stall your weight loss).

Have fun shopping.

I'm sooooo not doing it again lol it's been horrible!! I've just been so busy this week and I don't get as hungry these days so I kind of forget to eat regularly? Maybe I should take snacking up again. It at least regulates my sugar levels thru the day.

Shopping is looking iffy. Jamie is playing silly beggars at the mo so I've yet to get dressed!! I did make sure I stuffed a banana down me tho so hopefully I won't get dizzy again!!! But time is ticking away and I'm not hopeful about getting out to shop :( noooooooo fair!!!!

Aaargh I dunno whether to laugh or cry!!! Shopping was ok. Had a bit of an anxiety attack in the first shop but found my stride a bit after that lol I think I was really worried that I'd STILL hate everything I saw in the mirror :) so I bailed in shop number one and ended up giving myself a stern talking to in the car!! End result I've been an bought combats, 3/4 linen trousers, 4 vest tops (one in a rather fetching black an White cheeeetah print!!) 2 pairs of sandals, one pair of trainery things, two matching bra an knicker sets and ......... Two of those long summer dresses!! Gasp!!!

It's been hilarious coz I keep looking for my fat pregnant belly an it's not there lol

Also I'm down a bra size 34d is a little tight but will stretch and should fit perfectly by the end of aug if I keep losing at this rate :) AND all the 14's bottoms are too big :( but the 12's leave that nasty shelf hanging over my waistband :( but they do up an fit nice round my butt. Just need to lose another two tummy inches and I'll be in there !!!! A 12!?!! Moi!!!!
So now I'm a 14 on top (with smaller boobs :( ) and ALMOST a 12 on bottom!! Winter wardrobe shopping will most deffo be 12's!!!

That is great. I can't wait to see my sizes go down. Good on ya hun. The cheetah print top sounds great. I love it when you come away from the shops feeling good, it gives you such a boost. :)

Squeezyweezy said:
That is great. I can't wait to see my sizes go down. Good on ya hun. The cheetah print top sounds great. I love it when you come away from the shops feeling good, it gives you such a boost. :)

It's most unusual for ne to have a successfully trip lol. Usually I come back hating every inch of my body!!! ;)

Ooh getting excited now :) I'm taking the kids on a coach trip to the beach on Monday. Should be fun!! The plan is to take a picnic lunch (I can CC that easily enough lol) but everyone has voted for fish an chips on the pier for tea!!

Uuuugghhh how do I wangle THAT into my cal allowance then ???

If I'm honest I have that many nice memories of chips at the seaside that I actually just really want the Chips lol. It's a British tradition!! Need to plan a 1200 menu that somehow fits in a 99 cone and a bag of chips?? This could be a problem haha!!

Back