Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

Amazingly the doctors agreed to see me today!! Gobsmacked. It's usually a week unless you have a limb hanging off in which case go to a+e lol I'm resisting the urge to google my symptoms as I know I'll have given myself some horrible disease in 30 secs flat if I do hahaha!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:( I can't work out right now. I'm horribly ill.

The joint ache is really quite bad!! I can't sleep much an I'm popping ibuprofen like an addict lol. My hands an feet have swollen up and my skin is mega sensitive all over. But apart from a bit of a stuffy nose (not a lot just a bit snuffly) and swollen glands I don't feel that poorly? Just in lots of pain!! It's the weirdest virus I've ever managed to catch. Think I need to see the quack. Ugh. I hate the doctors.

Also ive put 1.5 lbs ON in 48 hrs which I'm hoping is from the swelling!!! Not amused.

Aw I didn't realise. The weight gain could be water retention from the meds or illness. Not many people manage to diet while they're unwell - hope you're resting and the doctors goes well.

Been off to the docs and I have either a virus that's attacking my joints and will go away eventually OR rheumatoid arthritis which won't go away :( got to have a blood test next week if it's no better but in the meantime I have some superstrength anti inflamitories and lots of paracetomol to tide me over :) apparently it's probably the virus as all my lymph nodes are swollen too.

While I was there I cheekily asked about my loose tummy skin and the doc reckons that it can take up to a year to suck back in an no amount of cream, sit ups or supplements will make a blind bit of difference. So I shall have to put up with it an hope it gets a bit better!!

oh poor you. Hopefully it is just a virus, and nothing more serious.
Shame about the bloody skin issue, I know as I loose more weight, I will really suffer with it, so was kind of hoping for a miracle cure!!!

Men are just stupid. It's officially true. When your wife an partner of 13 years is feeling poorly and undervalued what do you bring her back as a treat???

A box of instant 10 calorie soup. Obviously.

Men are just stupid. It's officially true. When your wife an partner of 13 years is feeling poorly and undervalued what do you bring her back as a treat???

A box of instant 10 calorie soup. Obviously.

:8855: oh darling, I'm so sorry. They can be so thoughtless and stupid at times!!
I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the fact that men are p****s!!

How bout tomorrow you serve him one up as dinner and tell him your too poorly to make anything else!! :)

I just tried one as he looked so pleased with himself. Vile doesn't quite cover it...... Still at least he's trying lol. The fact they are made by the gourmet cuisine company made me giggle tho!! ;)

I give up. I have nooooo idea what's going on but the scales are just determinedly creeping upwards even tho that's technically impossible going by a cals in cals out basis!! But I'm sooooo tired an weak and just not coping well. I've never been in this sort of long term pain before. And with the lack of sleep, general feverishness and the constant pain an stiffness I'm feeling a bit weepy!!

So as it doesn't seem to matter WHAT I eat this week I'm changing my goal to lose 1lb a week and trying for maintenance till I'm better. I didn't set it as maintenance as if I jump to 1900 cals then I'll probably just balloon!! So it's set at 1470 and I'll just play it by ear. If I need the extra then I'll have it.

I have to take these meds with food 6 times a day ....eek!! And I'm finding that it needs to be a fairly hearty food or I feel really nauseous? Tried em with some fruit yesterday an it just didn't work!! Protein seems to do it tho. But really? 6 times a day!!! Nightmare!!

Squeezyweezy said:
oh poor you. Hopefully it is just a virus, and nothing more serious.
Shame about the bloody skin issue, I know as I loose more weight, I will really suffer with it, so was kind of hoping for a miracle cure!!!

Me too :( the stuff I read online was so contradictory that I figured I'd ask the professional lol. At least I don't need to mess about with crunches anymore tho lol!!! But in fairness the worst areas I have were affected badly by pregnancy so you might do better than you think ;) it's not totally awfull. Just annoyingly tricky to hide with clever clothes choices!!!

Ok this may seem sudden but I've been pondering it for a few months now......

I AM GIVING UP SMOKING.

There. I said it. Quit day is tomoz so watch this space for much wailing an moaning. I'm such a terrible smoker. I smoke loads. I'm actually worried that my whole body will seize up in withdrawal like a heroin addicts!!! I shall just be PLASTERED in patches chewing the gum an sucking on an inhalator for the first few weeks lol.

My theory is that I may gain a bit but that's better than having shrivelled prune lungs and dying a horrible smoking related death right???? And maybe if I'm not wheezing like a chimney I might actually feel like trying c25k. Lol. Unlikely but you never know!!!

(hugs) I'm sorry you're so ill - I hope the meds kick in soon and you start to feel better.

And yay for giving up smoking - you will feel a zillion times better when you've done it, and you'll be richer too (so when you reach goal you'll have more money to buy new clothes!). I gave up nearly 24 years ago - best thing I ever did.

You sound so poorly. I think you are absolutley right, you should relax the ccing rules while your ill, because you have to concerntrate on getting better.

Well done on the giving up smoking!! :) Don't forget your really ill, so it might be a bit harder while your suffering, so don't be hard on yourself. :)

Squeezyweezy said:
You sound so poorly. I think you are absolutley right, you should relax the ccing rules while your ill, because you have to concerntrate on getting better.

Well done on the giving up smoking!! :) Don't forget your really ill, so it might be a bit harder while your suffering, so don't be hard on yourself. :)

I'm just gonna eat like a pig squeezy!! Better stock up on healthyish nibbles to try an limit the damage!!!Lol

I'm sure all these viruses etc are from the fags. So hopefully giving it up will make me healthier!!! That was the theory when I lost weight an it worked to a point but until I give up smoking my immune system will still be crap!

StoppingItInItsTracks said:
(hugs) I'm sorry you're so ill - I hope the meds kick in soon and you start to feel better.

And yay for giving up smoking - you will feel a zillion times better when you've done it, and you'll be richer too (so when you reach goal you'll have more money to buy new clothes!). I gave up nearly 24 years ago - best thing I ever did.

I do feel like rubbish :( but I'm quite excited to be getting rid of the fags!! Hopefully the kids will be pleased. They get the anti smoking message hammered into them at school so there's a lot of nagging from them!!!

Good luck with upping the calories. And that's excellent about the smoking! Stick with it and it'll get easier :)

That's day one fag free nearly done :) not as bad as I expected but I am soooooooo gonna gain. A LOT. But it's fine. I'm reconciled to that. The patches have a weird side effect......very very vivid dreams. Ranging from the disturbing (weird blue men with razors for fingers) to the rather fruity (clones of my hubby popping out everywhere in assorted colours lol)

So didn't sleep well. But I think I can jiggle round the time I pop the patch on to reduce that.

Who knew all you had to do was pop on a patch for a psychadelic trip!!! ;)

:0clapper:Well done on your first day fag free, I would imagine the first week, and especially the first day are the worst, so nice one chick, your doing great. :)

Woooowoooo 24 hrs smoke freeeeeeee!!

Eaten like an A hole but I don't care :) and if I'm honest I think I let myself eat far more than was strictly necessary ;)

Now I just need to work out how to keep the damn patches ON and I'm good lol. Sticking plasters all round the edges is so not a good summer look!!

Back