Tina's diary of hopefull optimism!

Fantastic start to the giving up smoking!!!!
I have stopped nearly 10 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did.

Sugar free lollies, help when your hands need to do something and you need to snack. They also last a long time.

I also bought a joke ciggy, when you suck on it it glows like the real thing and smoke comes out. It helped loads when I first gave up.

When you get a craving it will only last a few mins. When you feel it coming on do something to take your mind off it. It will then pass.

I had a tin that I put my ciggy money in. Everyday I put in the amount I would have spent on ciggy's. I treated myself the first week, the first month, 3 mths then at 6 mths. It was so nice to see the money building up and highlighted just how much I had wasted over the years!!

Good luck, you have made a fantastic start :)

Thanks all :) day three now an it's been fine so far. No real cravings and I'm nit a grumpy witch. Thankyou nicotine patches :) lol. Gonna make an effort to reign in the eating now. It's been extremely naughty :( was too scared to MFP yesterday and I'm not going near the scales till next Monday lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Keep up the good work hun. You are doing amazingly well. :)
Don't worry about the munchies, a few extra pounds over the next couple of weeks is acceptable, especially if you are doing something as fantastic as giving up smoking. Well done chick :)

Well going back to the diet and TOTM arriving meant a hard sort of day. Not in a 'I'm crawling over broken glass for a fag' kind of hard but generally snappy restless and unsettled. Evening was fine. Didn't think about it at all. Calories were well under 1000 (not counting chewing gum and mints tho :) they are an essential replacement for crisps an biccies right now!!!) so all in all an epic win. Can't believe it's this simple!! I'm waiting nervously for the axe to fall haha.

The riots in the west mids are troubling me :( lots of family an friends getting caught up in it and the violence has spread to our local town. I've had to go and bring my gramps car back to ours as they live right in town and the police were warning of gangs congregating so they closed all the shops etc.
They are really anxious an nervous (and in their late 80's :( ) so hubby is sleeping there for a few days!! My cuz got locked in the top floor of the bullring yesterday while gangs raided the stores below. She works in selfridges. They were evacuated again today. And my old freind spent the night locked in a brum pub with looters trying to break in!! The police didn't get them safely out till 4am. It's all getting really out of hand!! I went to pick up a book I've ordered from a different town and when I got there the shops were licked down and there was a burning van in the middle of the road!! But there's no news coverage except for london london london so how the hell are you meant to know where's safe and where to avoid!!!!

I know! It's going off in Leicester here. Helicoptors over my house as I type as I live right next to city centre. News goes on about Manchester and London! Have to try and figure stuff out from facebook and twitter even though half of it is nonesense! Hope you and your family are all okay hun

Yeah we're fine her so far. We're a good 7 miles out from the nearest hotshots. That said we were 20 miles out on sunday...... it's spreading so fast!! Nan an gramps will be fine. They in a really tight little community and the local men are keeping an eye out. Hubby's just there to make tea an sleep on the sofa like a guard dog lol!!! He's banned from joining in the vigilantism on pain of death!!!! I only brought the car back as it's almost brand new!! gramps would be heartbroken if the windows get put thru!!

Yeah there was summat gonna happen about 5 minute walk from my house and a group of lads that live round here all got together and scared them off. Thankfully there are some decent people around!

Sadly standing up for yourself only leads to trouble :( the men killed in Birmingham last night trying to defend their business.

I can't think of anything more frightening. There really are no words to describe the idiots doing all this. I bet if you stopped one of them and asked them why, they wouldn't have a bloody clue!
Keep safe guys :)

Yeah I read about the men in Birmingham. So so sad.

Finally caught up on all your posts. Are you feeling better now? How's the no smoking going? Hope you've managed to avoid the trouble and your nan and gramps are ok. It's been a scary few days all round really, I've never been so worried for so many people close to me in my life. Never been so glad to have moved either. Where we used to live is completely trashed. Shopping centre in pieces. Buses set on fire. Shops, people's homes, burned to the ground. Almost ashamed to say that's where I'm from to be honest. It's amazing that no-one I know has been hurt really.

Well going back to the diet and TOTM arriving meant a hard sort of day. Not in a 'I'm crawling over broken glass for a fag' kind of hard but generally snappy restless and unsettled. Evening was fine. Didn't think about it at all. Calories were well under 1000 (not counting chewing gum and mints tho :) they are an essential replacement for crisps an biccies right now!!!) so all in all an epic win. Can't believe it's this simple!! I'm waiting nervously for the axe to fall haha.

The riots in the west mids are troubling me :( lots of family an friends getting caught up in it and the violence has spread to our local town. I've had to go and bring my gramps car back to ours as they live right in town and the police were warning of gangs congregating so they closed all the shops etc.
They are really anxious an nervous (and in their late 80's :( ) so hubby is sleeping there for a few days!! My cuz got locked in the top floor of the bullring yesterday while gangs raided the stores below. She works in selfridges. They were evacuated again today. And my old freind spent the night locked in a brum pub with looters trying to break in!! The police didn't get them safely out till 4am. It's all getting really out of hand!! I went to pick up a book I've ordered from a different town and when I got there the shops were licked down and there was a burning van in the middle of the road!! But there's no news coverage except for london london london so how the hell are you meant to know where's safe and where to avoid!!!!

I'm sorry to hear all of that :(. I have family in Birmingham too, I'm really worried about my grandparents because my mums side of the family are all down south. I wish they'd come down here for a while. They're both in their 70's. My grandad carries oxygen around with him and can hardly walk, but doesn't stand for the 'youngsters' I just hope the stay indoors for a while.

I read last night that the elderly man in London who got beaten up because he tried to put a fire out died last night :( It's so upsetting and sickening!

Hope you're okay *hugs*

Oh and as for news coverage. A lot of the people on my facebook from Birmingham have been mentioning a channel on sky with live coverage around Brum/West Brom etc. Not sure if it's still going but worth checking out if you have sky.

Hi Tina,
Hope you are feeling better & hope your family are ok, with the horrible riots happening everywhere, it's terrible, innocent people are getting hurt by it :-(
Hope you feel better soon.xxx

Back