Cruise PV Tinned tomatoes

Yes but be careful about ingredients, make sure there is no sugar etc... Citric acid can stall some people so I don't use the ones with this in it. The only tinned tomatoes I have found without it are Sainsburys own organic.

I use sieved/passata a lot for sauces and bolognese etc.. and I use the Napolina brand (in the carton), I buy it in Tesco's, and it has no citric acid. Their tomato concentrate in the tube doesn't either.

You may find you have no problems with other ingredients like citric acid like I do so it may be worth a try. In any case, enjoy your tinned tomatoes. :)

Thanks for that! The tins ive got... All four of them *sigh* contai citric acid, i was so excited about being able to make a chilli that i didnt even think about it!

I actually hate the taste of tinned tomatoes on their own so il only be cooking with them! Maybe il only eat them on days im doing mega amounts of exercise lol

slimdreamer said:
Yes but be careful about ingredients, make sure there is no sugar etc... Citric acid can stall some people so I don't use the ones with this in it. The only tinned tomatoes I have found without it are Sainsburys own organic.

I use sieved/passata a lot for sauces and bolognese etc.. and I use the Napolina brand (in the carton), I buy it in Tesco's, and it has no citric acid. Their tomato concentrate in the tube doesn't either.

You may find you have no problems with other ingredients like citric acid like I do so it may be worth a try. In any case, enjoy your tinned tomatoes. :)

I didnt know this! But will keep it in mind. I've been ok so far with making curry and Bolognese, haven't checked the tins. I usually buy supermarket own brand so they may well contain citric acid in! Thank you :)

Back