Tip for newbies.....

SandraB

Gold Member
Hi all, just thought that I'd share this with you! When I started LT back on the 1st September I thought that I would use the Blog section and just post how I felt etc......well I've referred back to it over the weeks and today read it from start to finish. I was amazed at the different feelings that I've experience, the euphoria when I've had a really good loss and the despondency when I haven't! Anyway, what I'm trying to say is can I suggest that you do the same, for me it was easier than posting to the diary thread and as not many people view it you can be as personal as you like! After all it's mainly for your thoughts and not to provoke public opinion!

I hope that this helps, of course I don't mind if you read mine but bear in mind that it goes on and on and on and it's not very exciting but I'm so glad that I did it.

Good luck everyone x

Thx Sandra...great tip...would be good to track the LT journey.....bty...how is it going today....are you still in pain?

It doesn't go on and on!! lol
I have enjoyed reading it, and wish i had done one x x

Thx Sandra...great tip...would be good to track the LT journey.....bty...how is it going today....are you still in pain?

I'm pretty ok today thanks. Have had anti-inflammatories but no need for the serious stuff! Had a reasonable nights sleep too which always helps:D

It doesn't go on and on!! lol
I have enjoyed reading it, and wish i had done one x x

You can always start now! I'm really glad that I did it.......takes me back to how awful I felt at the beginning....though I didn't post too much about my self-disgust, reading my posts reminds me just how much I hated myself back then. It seems like forever ago!

any tips on constipation even though im drinking loads

Well I still take fibogel every couple of days and a ducolax if I've had a few days with codeine painkillers. TBH hasn't been too much of a problem since I had the colonic.......I think that a few people on here have order physillium (sp?) from the internet, same stuff as fibogel I think but cheaper :D Can't wait to be able to eat fibre-rich cereal and dried prunes again though.......

Psyllium husk scary.. I had constipation bad!!

Fibreclear wasn't working, nor was senakot.. I had to go to the chemist and get suppositories!!

Then Amanda and CatCrazy told me about Psyllium husk (from Ebay rather than their website-it's cheaper) and i have had no trouble since... I will try an get an item number for you on Ebay x x

Thanks babe, I might get some just in case........can you sprinkle it on or in stuff or does it have to be mixed with water? that's the problem with fibogel, getting the bloody stuff down your neck!

Hi all, just thought that I'd share this with you! When I started LT back on the 1st September I thought that I would use the Blog section and just post how I felt etc......well I've referred back to it over the weeks and today read it from start to finish. I was amazed at the different feelings that I've experience, the euphoria when I've had a really good loss and the despondency when I haven't! Anyway, what I'm trying to say is can I suggest that you do the same, for me it was easier than posting to the diary thread and as not many people view it you can be as personal as you like! After all it's mainly for your thoughts and not to provoke public opinion!

I hope that this helps, of course I don't mind if you read mine but bear in mind that it goes on and on and on and it's not very exciting but I'm so glad that I did it.

Good luck everyone x

hey hun great idea, im gona start this too

Well Sandra thanks to you ive added my first blog entry - day 42 but better late than never!
Bless you! x x x

My pleasure and better late than never.....I think that it might help people who are having doubts. If you write down how you feel when you've got the problem or whatever then you can go back if the problem crops up again and see how you dealt with it. Like I said, I'd written it all down and forgotten about it but today , dunno why, I thought that I'd read back......it was really useful to me so I thought that maybe it would help others too!

Thanks babe, I might get some just in case........can you sprinkle it on or in stuff or does it have to be mixed with water? that's the problem with fibogel, getting the bloody stuff down your neck!

As far as i know it has to be dissolved (ish) in water, and it tastes a little like yukky, runny weetabix, but it does work.. Don't leave it when you have stirred it in, because it goes like wallpaper paste sort of consistency..I have 1 teaspoon every other day and it has worked wonders!! lol

As far as i know it has to be dissolved (ish) in water, and it tastes a little like yukky, runny weetabix, but it does work.. Don't leave it when you have stirred it in, because it goes like wallpaper paste sort of consistency..I have 1 teaspoon every other day and it has worked wonders!! lol

Sounds exactly like fibogel so perhaps I won't bother.....but will check the price as I'm onn a cost-cutting mission!

I got a large bag (I do not have a clue why! lol) and at a teaspoon a time, there is loads of it.

Try the smallest amount they have and see how you get on with it hun x x x

Su....I don't think it goes out of date so you are safe there maybe you can make some husk cakes if there is loads left over (Jokes).....Sandra....good luck with the magic husk!!!

yeah and feed the cake to people for fun!

yeah and feed the cake to people for fun!

I will only do that if they are not at my house!! lol

Either that or i will need to stock up on toilet roll first!! lol x x

Back