• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Tip re. cooking low fat sausages

Mummoth

Silver Member
Low fat sausages can taste bland, dry & a bit like cardboard. I've hit on a way of cooking them so they taste a lot better, in fact I prefer them now to normal sausages.

Put two sausages on a couple of sheets of kitchen roll & microwave for a minute. Turn sausages over over & microwave for a minute on the other side.

Spray sausages with Frylight. Put under the grill & grill until brown, turn over, spray the other side of the sausages with Frylight & again grill until brown.

Quick & tasty :p

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
I always cook mine in the oven on bacofoil and they don't taste bland at all ever!

I use the Tesco Light Choices cumberland and they are lovely!

Wee Doll

Silver Member
we have a butcher that comes to our meetings and his beef sausages are syn free and the pork and pork and leek are 1/2 a syn for 3 sausages ( they have been sent away and tested by sw labs )

he also has burgers and other things that are syn free

im not a big meat eater but its nice to have it the odd time

Mummoth

Silver Member
I buy the Asda reduced fat ones & just used to grill mine. My lot all used to complain about how they tasted nothing like 'real' sausages!

Circes

Strutting her stuff
I defrost my quorn sausages in the microwave and then do them in the George Foreman after brushing them with worcestershire sauce or maggi seasoning

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
'moochy'? Hahaha!

To be fair, my sausage of choice is the Linda McCartney meatfree one. But they're 2 syns apiece. So nice though.