Tips for staying motivated

Hey everyone!

I just trawled the internet for pics of celebs I think look good weight-wise to keep me motivated and made an album on my computer - I'm going to look through it every time I want to snack/eat something unhealthy.

I'm also banning myself from buying 'nice' food, as I have no self-control - if there's something bad in my cupboards I will eat ALL of it at ONCE! Like this morning, when I ate 4 (a whole pack) of English/breakfast muffins, just because they were there.

Does anyone else have any tips for staying on track?

Afraid I haven't really got any tips but nice to see someone being so honest, 4 breakfast muffins in one go! bet they were lovely.:) Were they covered in hot melted butter?
Carrying on the being honest theme, I have just spent the whole weekend eating takeaways, and drinking in pubs and had a great time. Pizza, one night, Indian the next.
had planned to make a weight loss video and post on my blog but now avoiding the scales as well and putting everything back for a month while I get back on track. Any one out there with good tips, feel free to share.

Focus on smaller goals: Smaller goals are more attainable. Thinking "I'm going to lose 8lbs this month" is far more motivational than "I'm going to spend the next two years of my life losing ten stone" :D

Have something you really want at the end of it all, and every time you see that cake, think "I can have that, and I'll never buy those new clothes / go on that dream holiday / look good naked / marry my fiancee / whatever your dream is".

Go into a clothes shop and find something you like, buy it a couple of sizes smaller than your are and hang it on the outside of your wardrobe. Every now and then try it on and you will see how much you're shrinking until it eventually fits. Then continue on with a new piece of clothing!

That one really never worked for me, Thunderthighs. I wound up getting depressed that I couldn't fit into the nice new jacket (which still hangs, unworn, in my wardrobe) so I ate lots of chocolate :D

That one really never worked for me, Thunderthighs. I wound up getting depressed that I couldn't fit into the nice new jacket (which still hangs, unworn, in my wardrobe) so I ate lots of chocolate :D

It worked for me like a dream...I was so determined to fit into it that it made me stick to the diet! With all the lovely clothes I have now I make sure I don't gain now either! :D

This is great at keeping you motivated, Seinfeldian chain :)

Click Here to Rename Your Seinfeldian Chain | smarterfitter.com

You just click on the day to form a red cross when you've had a 100% diet day, it makes you keep on track as you want to be able to have everyday with a cross and not break the chain. You could also do this by marking the days on your wall calendar.

Good luck x

I'm with you thunderthighs,
Just bought a bargin dress which I loved and had to have from per una ( half price). Its a size 14 and I'm currently a large 18 and can just about cram myself into it but I'm gonna try it on every week and I will be waring it by Xmas, when hopefully it will be loose and I'll feel fab!
Jenny x

I'm with you thunderthighs,
Just bought a bargin dress which I loved and had to have from per una ( half price). Its a size 14 and I'm currently a large 18 and can just about cram myself into it but I'm gonna try it on every week and I will be waring it by Xmas, when hopefully it will be loose and I'll feel fab!
Jenny x

I'm sure come Xmas you'll look fab in it! Good luck :D

I have made a chart from 1 - goal. It is stuck up on my food cupboard and I cross off every pound lost.....

Great to look at it and see the result each day. Also brings me closer to goal each week.

I have had a couple of weeks of my big birthday and lots of other parties. I didn't eat differently, but drank galons of wine.... had made a difference to my weight the past week, but I'm looking at my chart and I feel "back on track".

Best motivation I have found.

Good luck! ;)
xx

Have dug out some Beige chino type jeans and a fitted shirt that used to fit me and I wore on honemoon. Tried them both on for the first time tonight (what a laugh) Will try them on fortnightly, see how it goes.:eek:

Have started a Seinfeldian Chain!
Good luck jenpen and everyone else

Last edited:
I must say this thread is great, I have also found it very helpful, I went out today and bought myself a brown designer top thats 2 sizes too small I can get it on but it's skin tight haha.

So I shall deffo be trying this method!

Thanks!

Also I have the same habbit of you, Eatting cause it's there.

I spent this afternoon obsessing over crisps (because I'm tired, and I tend to eat when tired) so instead of crisps I went and got the lovely glittery star now in my signature :D

Thought about adding a photo in the clothes I used to be able to get in, could be quite a laugh. If I started the ball rolling, who would follow? :)
On a positive note, pictures could be added every month wearing the same clothes, good idea or not??

Thought about adding a photo in the clothes I used to be able to get in, could be quite a laugh. If I started the ball rolling, who would follow? :)
On a positive note, pictures could be added every month wearing the same clothes, good idea or not??

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
Could be VERY funny, us adding pics of us in clothes that don't fit with flabby bits hanging out lol!

I have a dress that I bought a couple of years ago and have never fitted into. I tried it the other day and still a way to go before it'll go anywhere near doing up :( But will be there one day, and nope I'm not taking a pic lol!!! :eek:

Back