Tips on weight loss

cmcewn

Silver Member
Tips on weight loss from one of Britains top personal trainers, thought some of you might be interested:-

Tips from Paul Connolly on how to fight the fat.

1. No carbs at night.
2. Keep hydrated.
3. Increase lean muscle. (Interesting fact: 1 kilo of extra muscle will burn off an additional 50 calories per day at rest).
4. Increase protein to replenish muscle tone.
5. Give yourself no more than 30 seconds rest between sets in the gym: intensity is everything!
6. Do interval / fartlek training to increase fitness.
7. Eat low GI carbs only (eg red skin potatoes, sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta, porridge.)
8. Don't go too long between meals. You should never go for more than two to three hours without eating, or your body's metabolic rate will slow down.
9. Don't let friends or partners sabotage your efforts. Stay motivated! Results keep you motivated and education is your motivation: know your body type and work on your weaknesses.
10. People think of exercise being only gym-based and expensive. At least 5O% of health and fitness is out of the gym and can be very inexpensive, for example buying and using a skipping rope! You can jump rope anywere. Also: power walking. There are hundreds of exercises you can do outside with just your own body weight, once you have been educated by a trainer. It's much easier if you find an activity that you enjoy doing. Have short term goals that are achievable.
11. 'Shock' your body with your training and diet. As soon as your body gets used to the regime, change and shock again!

xx

Thanks for that.

I think my body needs a shock. My weight loss has been so slow for the last month.

Whilst my sis has been with me we have been doing vegetarian green days only. When she goes home ( bo hoo) I will revert to just red days for a while, increase my exercise and hope that does the trick.

Back