Tired on green days?

wayneonadiet

Anyone else experienced this? I'm usually a red day person but this week I've decided to go green for the whole week to see what happens. I'm not even having meat in the healthy extras, just cereal or bread. For some reason I seem to be more tired than usual. Work is busy as always and I'm sleeping about the same hours and doing roughly the same amount of walking (2 miles a day uphill!). Should I be trying to have a little protein or am I just having a sleepy week?

i actually read something scientific about why we feel sleepy when we eat carbs. i can't remember exactly, but i think it's because the carbs are sugar or something, so the body needs a lot of energy to process it, so it tries to shut down (ie; mae you sleep) so it can concentrate all it's energy on processing the carbs.

it explains why i always feel like i need a sleep about 20 mins after eating pasta!

Your body is probably missing the iron and protein from meat.

Try eating a few more eggs (protein) and green leafy veg (iron) and see how you feel....... though I wouldn't have a meal of eggs and cabbage!!! Eww x

Your body is probably missing the iron and protein from meat.

Try eating a few more eggs (protein) and green leafy veg (iron) and see how you feel....... though I wouldn't have a meal of eggs and cabbage!!! Eww x

That's a good idea. Because I'm preparing meals in a B&B with only a microwave during the week it does make it harder to eat certain things. I have a poached egg with breakfast but it's probably not enough on it's own.

I won't go down the egg/cabbage route, I'm suffering enough after having All-Bran every day! :eek:

I feel more tired lately, not after eating just in general (wanting to go to bed earlier) but dont know whether its just me or the food I'm eating.

I feel more tired lately, not after eating just in general (wanting to go to bed earlier) but dont know whether its just me or the food I'm eating.

It's because the nights are drawing in probably hun.

I'm the same, in the middle of winter I want to go to bed as soon as it goes dark. Hehe x

I work in Telford too - small world hey!

Small indeed! I'd never been here before I started this contract, there's some nice places to visit nearby (not so much the town centre though).

I used to get the bus back to my B&B in the evenings as I'm fairly near the station but I decided to walk it instead. It's a steady climb up but I'm sure I'm benefitting.

eee im always tired maybe thats the reason!

Small indeed! I'd never been here before I started this contract, there's some nice places to visit nearby (not so much the town centre though).

I used to get the bus back to my B&B in the evenings as I'm fairly near the station but I decided to walk it instead. It's a steady climb up but I'm sure I'm benefitting.

Telford is a dive!!

I live in Shrewsbury, generally Telford people hate Shrewsbury people and visa versa!

Hehe

Hope this helps:-

Because simple carbohydrates are already simple sugars they can rapidly be converted into glucose and enter the bloodstream very soon after consumption. This where the term "sugar fix" comes from. After drinking a sugary cup of tea, for example, you may notice a sudden release of energy and an accompanying lift in your mood. However, have too much and your body will produce insulin to counteract the effect and, depending on how much sugar you've ingested, this will likely result in a rapid drop in blood sugar level and leave you feeling more tired than before!

So what are complex carbohydrates then? Complex carbohydrates are present in most grain products, vegetables and potatoes. Unlike simple carbohydrates, complex carbs are digested at a much slower rate. As a result of this, the conversion to glucose also happens at a slower rate and your blood sugar levels will not fluctuate as rapidly as they do when digesting simple carbohydrates.

Many people will try and avoid all types of carbohydrates where possible, particularly when on weight loss diets. This is not a good idea. Carbohydrates in general are not normally a problem. It's the quality of carbohydrates that should be taken into account. Highly processed foods should be avoided. This is because they normally contain a higher proportion of simple carbohydrates. For example, whole grain bread (complex carbs) should be eaten instead of white bread which uses refined white flour (simple carbs).

Complex carbohydrates are often also lower in fat and provide higher amounts of other essential nutrients like dietary fiber. It is for the above reasons that a diet of complex carbohydrates is preferable.

White pasta is not a complex carb so if you eat a lot of white pasta, switch to wholemeal and ditto with rice.

don't forget if u have done green all week u will hold water, but once u start doin red days again it will go..........so u may be a couple of pound up...........

Back