to all refeed people and people who have maintained PLEASE??

madhousemum

Silver Member
Hi my oh went to the doctor today and asked about lipotrim and she said it is a yo you diet and you lose the weight and cos you rapid lose you end up gaining it back cos you are only on 400 cals a day which is hard to do in every day life! i need to know who has regained after there trip as i know someone who has and she is now going back onto it as she gainned all the weight back on? to the people who regainned please be honest did you go back to your old eatting ways as friend said she never? also to the people who have maintainned the weight off how are you maintainning it? and to the refeeders how does it work please??
i need to know all these questions as i am worried about regainning the weight which will just make me low again so i need to seriuosly consider if to stop now before spending too much money on it and try another diet which i will lose little a week and keep it off?
please will someone help as i am in limbo at the minute not sure what to do???

I am not refeeding yet and I am a long way off, but I know people who are refeeding and actually he has lost 1lb a week on refeed, I was talking to him and basically it depends on you! The more you calories you take in the more you need to burn, if you keep a good balance then you will never have trouble, but if your in take is a lot higher then what you burn, you will put on weight, thats basically the bottom line.
Thats goes with any diet really, you need to watch your food groups and also eat the right sort of foods and the right sort of time aswell, but like complex carbs in the morning, if you have to eat before you sleep rather be proteins, things like that. But at the end of the day its up to you. good luck x

I am not refeeding yet and I am a long way off, but I know people who are refeeding and actually he has lost 1lb a week on refeed, I was talking to him and basically it depends on you! The more you calories you take in the more you need to burn, if you keep a good balance then you will never have trouble, but if your in take is a lot higher then what you burn, you will put on weight, thats basically the bottom line.
Thats goes with any diet really, you need to watch your food groups and also eat the right sort of foods and the right sort of time aswell, but like complex carbs in the morning, if you have to eat before you sleep rather be proteins, things like that. But at the end of the day its up to you. good luck x

Thank you so much this has helped me. before i was on lipotrim i was balanced but a lot of my weight came from having 5 kids so close together this has put my mind at ease a little thank you so much xxxxx

Hi hun, I have maintained my weight loss for over 3 years now. completely changed the way I eat and the portion size. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it CAN be done x x x

calm down!

Hi mhmum, your fears are much the same as those of all dieters! The truth is one will gain weight after any diet whatsoever IF they go back to old eating habits. I have just started the refeed and i had a wake up call: it is all too easy to slip back into bad old eating habits.

What is so good about LT is that it was originally only prescribed by GPs and now it is available via pharmacies. It therefore is properly medically researched and monitored. It is safe.
What is even better about it is that it is effective. Most of us have been down the route of trying to lose the weight by eating healthily and then losing motivation and finally giving up because it takes so long.
I see LT as a really good kickstart into a healthier lifestyle. The reality is that LT is only the beginning of the journey. Maintenance is the most challenging bit. But if on LT week after week you find your weight dropping and your motivation and confidence improving, why not go for it? You get rapid results and feel inspired to keep a healthier lifestlye afterwards. As if those benefits aren't enough, by the time you're done with LT your stomach does not find it easy anymore to take in as much junk as you used to, so you are not likely to go straight back into old eating patterns. AND your taste buds have become more sensitive.
You've got nothing to lose on LT but the weight!
(You can tell I'm one satisfied customer. 12 weeks ago I was on obesity's doorstep, uncomfortable and displeased. Today I have a healthy BMI, am feeling energetic, like the way I look and I'm on the road to a healthier lifestyle!)

Hun, you are just voicing a fear many of us still on the LT train have. I know I am scared stiff about putting all my weight back on. It isn't helped by those so-called "experts" who tell you you will put it all back on again!!

I knew someone who lost a lot of weight on LL and put a lot back on again and is now on CD. One day I was chatting to her and she admitted she had not refed properly and had slid back into her old eating habits.

I am a chocoholic and, like alcoholics, will have a problem all my life. I know I have got to be careful with what I eat and my portions. LT is a little like have a gastric band fitted without the surgery because by the time you get to refeed your stomach has shrunk and you can't eat the amount of food you did before! If you stick to smaller portions then hopefully your stomach won't stretch back!

My GP recommended LT to me and that is good enough for me! After 18 weeks I am thrilled to bits with the results and am planning on being on it for at least another 10 weeks - I still have 40lb to lose!

Be positive hun, you can do this and keep it off, goodness with 5 children you'll barely have time to sit still for 5 mins let alone overeat!!!! It doesn't get any easier when they get older - believe me!!!!!

x

If you eat more than you burn you gain.

If you eat less than you burn you lose.

If you eat about the same amount as you burn you maintain.

It's true what they say about LT being the easy bit. I am frightened about gaining weight back but I know that it's that fear that will deter me from reaching for the sticky bun (metaphorically as I hate cakes).

thank you everyone this has helped me and made me see i am sticking to it thanks again xxxx

You worry too much ;)

Well nervous energy burns up cals but seriously, just try to chill out a bit. The only thing you need to know is that as long as you stick to LT as you have done so far, you can't fail to lose. :) x

ok hun thank you xxxxxx

Yes, it can be a yo yo diet, if, thats the way you want it to be.
But, if not no!!! But, so can ww, sw, cd,w8 ...etc.....
If you do go back to your old eating habits ....it will be! But, if you use the time you are on LT to change you eating habits and re educate yourself on eating and exercise it wont be!
Lt helps in a big way as you get a rest from food and it resets your taste buds.. you have to do the brain work tho!
Like the LT leaflet says... Even after LT you can still be a fat person inside, but if you reeducate you will stay slim!
Enuf said xx

^^ what she said!! Brill post Nic!! xxx

It is very much possible to maintain your weight reduction after Lipotrim, Cambridge, Lighterlife or any of the other VLCD's but it is also true that a high percentage of people put the weight back on and more. This is not the diet that causes that but the fact the dieter eats too many calories for their body when they finish the diet.

Hence the diet works well, it is a tool to get slim but it isn't a lifestyle choice and hence planning for the future is key in terms of your mindset, you eating plans, you exercise plans and everything else around you life to make sure you only eat enough calories for your body to work and not to store fat.

I have maintained now for 2 and a half years and to be honest food is not on my radar of things to worry about anymore as I have broken the emotional benefit I got day to day from food in terms of using it to break boredom, give comfort, relieve stress and to celebrate and commiserate all aspects of my life.

Mike

thank you so much i am not worrying now

Good tohea that you've maintained for this long icemoose. Success story; very inspiring to a new refeeder!

Back