to carb or not to carb?

Ghostie

Hello all, I was wondering if you could give me some advice.. I was on the dukan diet which is no carb high protien.. I did sw before this diet and did a mix of red and green and extra easy and lost 5 stone. Anyway I'm worried the plan won't work if I go back to eating potatoes and pasta even though I know there free.. Anyone been through this or got any advice? :) thanks

I eat carbs but dont eat as many as my consultant goes on about ("oh you can eat huge bowls of pasta/potato/rice" - not if I want to lose weight I cant!)

I eat smallish carb portions eg I would only have one jacket spud. I often throw in a carb free meal too.

To be honest its too expensive to base your meals on protein with no carbs too

I'm the same, i do red and ee days but always limit my carbs by weighing them on either plan.

I think my advice would be to perhaps start off doing the red plan as carbs are naturally limited and then gradually reintroduce them. If you go straight from low carb to piling your plate high then you may well see a gain from fluid retention.

on the diet i was on before you werent even allowed fruit.. so its nice to be able to eat it again :)

I have done Dukan...and Atkins so am wary of carbs. I still steer clear of too much pasta and rice but I do eat a lot of potato done in my actifry. I know that if I eat too much pasta it doesn't do me any favours and tbh I just think I'm out of practice with pasta and don't miss it at all. So rather than actively avoiding it I just don't think about it.

Its personal preference at the end of the day and this flexibility and pick and choose mentality that makes slimming world work as well as it does. Nothing is prescribed (except the 1/3 superfree) and nothing is prohibited.

I have done Dukan...and Atkins so am wary of carbs. I still steer clear of too much pasta and rice but I do eat a lot of potato done in my actifry. I know that if I eat too much pasta it doesn't do me any favours and tbh I just think I'm out of practice with pasta and don't miss it at all. So rather than actively avoiding it I just don't think about it.

Its personal preference at the end of the day and this flexibility and pick and choose mentality that makes slimming world work as well as it does. Nothing is prescribed (except the 1/3 superfree) and nothing is prohibited.
If you've dukan then you know its a no fruit diet.. Do you eat fruit now?

Back