To CD or not to CD?

OneDeterminedChick

Oh my gosh, im back AGAIN
Hi, my name's Lindsay, I have a good 5-6 stones to lose and have tried several diets, which have not worked and is why i'm here today...i'm really just looking for some encouragement on whether to make the appointment and join the CD team. I love the fact that it seems to be a quick weight loss but just hope that I would have the willpower to do it as food...albeit bad/unhealthy food, has been a huge part of my life. I have never tried anything like this diet before.
I appreciate any replies with personal experiences.

Lindsay..xx

Hi! I am just beginning my second week on CD after thinking about it for ages! I think it's ideal for helping you with problems with emotional eating. I find that I can now identify times when I ate though I wasn't hungry. My food cravings are not physical, but mental and I think this diet helps you to sort out these issues to help you keep the weight off. It was hard work avoiding food for the first few days, but now I feel in control. As you say, it does show fast resuts. In my first week, I have lost 9 pounds. If you do decide to go ahead good luck!

Hi Johnners, thanks for you reply and advice. Well done on your first week. I think i'll be making the call tommorow to make an appointment for later this week or so, so i'll update my progress.
I think that the fact that you don't need to think about food will help, although my husband won't be joining me on the CD, so as long as he eats when i'm not around i'll be happy.

Hi Lindsay - I am just into week 4 and in total would like to loose about 7.5 stone. I have thought about doing a vlcd diet for the past couple of years but either it wasn't the right time or I worried what people would think. What made me go for it this time is that I don't want to be in the same position in 12 months time thinking "if only".

The first few days were ok, I started on Good Friday so I stayed at home and watched lots of TV, read a couple of books, early nights etc. Days 3-4 I had headaches and felt tired but after that I felt fantastic. Once ketosis kicks in you really do loose the hunger - you can feel picky, bored, have a rumbling tummy but not really hungry. I haven't had a problem drinking the water at all. I enjoy the shakes and some of the soups but don't like the porridge - there is plenty of choice and my CDC is great at swapping flavours.

I have more energy. I have loads more time. My washing and ironing is up to date and the house is cleaner than it has been in ages - lol! It does give you the time to think about what and why you eat. For me I "thought" needed food, I needed another sandwich, needed another drink etc. And what this diet shows you is that you don't need it at all, you wanted it - were used to having it. It shows you that you will survive without it. I hope these lessons will stick!

It isn't easy but it isn't difficult. As Johnners said it is more mental than physical. I don't think that I would have stuck with it for the past 3 1/2 weeks if my head wasn't in the right place to start with.

This is a good website to join in with - there is always someone who to offer advice, support and encouragement.

Good luck if you decide to start the diet.

Hi Wales, i've been browsing this site for a week or so and it's given so much food for thought!! lol!!
So thought i'd join in today, I actually can't wait to start and start to see great results. I do feel like i'm mentally ready to do it, so sick of buying clothes that fit/cover the bad bits, would love to go shopping and buy because it looks good and fits properly!! So hopefully i'll stick with it and get to my goal for the first time ever.

Sounds like your mind is made up (once the weight starts to come off you will really love it!!)

All the best...

Good luck with CD, I'm in week 5 and really feeling in control now.I've been 100% appart from 1 SS+ meal but it's probably much easier to stay 100%, I've read about alot of people finding nibbling adictive. Stick with it and it works, I've lost 1 1/2 stone in 4 weeks, amazing!

There's always an hour by hour thread on the CD page, it's great for daily motivation.look forward to reading your posts soon!

Excellent, thanks for your replies, i'm ready and raring to go.

Well done Angela, when's your wedding and how much you looking to have lost by then?

Hi and welcome. It is worth making the appointment with a CDC to discuss it and think about whether it is the diet for you.

Irene xx

I would at least have a go at CD , after all what have you got too lose ... but weight haha
I would get some info from on here , When i first tried CD , my first week was a shock , day one was ok , day 2 I left god i'm starving , day 3 was headache , day 4 I started to lack concentration and it went on like this until day 6 and I blew it , but later I did go back to the diet . so the first time on CD is a shock i'd come here and get surrport and also try and have at least 3 days where by you are not working . You can also look at the different plans of the diet too . But be postive think strong and your half way there !!!

I got married 3 years ago, just want to get back down to the size I was then to fit into my nice dress I wore on my honeymoon and loose a bit more too.

Thought i'd update......phoned today and got appointment for tonight, so i've got all my soups/shakes and raring to start tomoro, I know I should have prep'd but what have I to lose.....apart from a hell of a lot of weight!! lol!!

Good luck

Good luck Lindsey. I've decided to go the CD route too. My appointment is on Saturday. I've never tried anything like this before, but a friend of mine has lost 3st since Feb on it and she looks terrific.

Worried about how I'll feel as I haven't been a size 12 in a long time, but I'm looking forward to finding out :D

Hi I'm also thinking about joining the CD, I have contacted the counsellor in my area and she sent me loads of info, one thing putting me off is the possibility of losing my hair - has anyone on the diet experienced this?

Tinkerbella , yes people do lose hair but they all say it comes back glossy , there are threads on here , going back , see if you can find them and read them , but its after you lose alot , but thats not everyone

Inthesummerof69, i'm doing great thanks, on day 3, was dreading this day as have been told its one of the worst but i'm finding I have more energy....I can't believe how I don't want food at all, just hope this keeps up.
I had a huge smile on my face yest.....was at work and one of the girls asked if I was losing weight!!!! ye ha!!! (hadn't told her I was doing this)
and only on day 2 with no dieting before I started CD so that has given me a huge boost:D
How is ur journey..x

That is great , I think its more so day 2 the end that the headache kicks in , they say after 2 days the carb stores have been used up . Day 3 is a good day , yes energy day .
Hope you will still feel postive for the rest of the diet .
What have you had today ? and how many a day do you have

On 3 a day, had the strawberry shake this morning - had it hot cos i'm sooooo cold....I actually quite liked that one, had the mint choc shake yest but didn't really like the taste half way thru, the inital smell and taste was ok but struggled toward the end. Had a terrible headache yest morn but went back to bed for an hour and it disappeared before work! thank goodness!
So far i've also enjoyed the chick & mush soup and potato & leek soup....the porridge is taking a bit more convincing, i'll not write it off just yet!! lol.
Can you or anyone tell me when or if you know when ur in ketosis??.x

Back