to celebrate my weight loss & 40th birthday i am going to ......

pandora

finding my way again !
do a parachute jump for charity !
i have just decided this, its something i've allways fancied doing but have been too heavy to do.
by time i get to 40 in July i WILL be at goal so it seems the ideal thing to do to celebrate the two things, so you are being given plenty of notice as i will be coming cap in hand nearer the time !! or am i being too cheeky?
as of yet i'm not sure which charity i will choose, but probably a cancer one.
watch this space :D

That is SO COOL cheryl!!!!

Wow!!! Way to go Pandora!!! Just remind us nearer the time and I'm sure we'll dig deep!! :D

Wow Pandora,
thats a great idea :D

Respect :p

Well done, what a great thing to do, Ill definitely sponsor you! As Pierce said, we have 1,100 members now, if we all sponsored you just £1 that would be amazing!

Good on yer girl & best of luck. I'll sponsor you for sure, as I'm far too chicken to do it myself!

thanks everyone for your support. i will keep you posted along the way ie when i apply, which charity i choose etc.
it will be good to know i have backing !!:D

just to update you,
i have requested an information pack about doing the jump.
most probably i will be doing it for Cancerbackup, i thought this covers allsorts of cancers rather than just, say, breast or bowel.
only problem i have now is my 11 year old wants to do it with me, but she's too young, so lots of sulking going on at home !!:D

Hey Pandora there is a free website you can set a page up on for people to sponsor you. it is www.justgiving.co.uk.......or com. My hubby did half marathon a couple of years ago and we heard about it from the charity he ran for. It is easy to set up and easy to update the page.
I also sent emails to local companies asking them to sponsor him to and to explain about the charity he chose(cancer charity), he got over £400 from complete strangers......so good luck.

thanks for that Sonya
i had thought about contacting my local paper as being a charity thing & me loosins so much weight might be a story but not sure yetnot going to be doing it 'till summer so plenty of time yet to ponder!

Hey Jennie, what a fab idea!
do you know where you'll be doing it or which charity you're going to do it for ?
we'll have to chat about it at Portsmouth, hun!
xx:)

:D I'm doing mine for NCH (National Childrens Homes).. but loads of charities have info to do it for them if you want the NCH info I'll send some on! We can definitely have a right old chinwag about in next weekend (well.. the one after - lol you know what I mean! ) So looking forward to that :D

Sounds great but scary too, i'm a wimp when it comes to heights so ignore me. I still havent been on the The London Eye Yet but hopefully will one day.

Back