To get me motivated

Definately Martyn!

I was lucky enough (about a year ago) to actually find a shirt in topman that fitted me. I can't tell you how extatic I was when I found it! Of course, it didn't last long. Sadly, that shirt became an "at home only" item about 5 months and 8lbs later, and now I can't get the buttons near each other :(

But I WILL wear that shirt again. And many more like it.
And jeans. and Tshirts. and anything else Topman, Burtons and RI stock; I'll be buying the LOT when I'm down to my target! lol

Same, i have a pile of jeans and tops in my Wardrobe that i have been saving since i decided to do CD, i threw away most of the stuff, but i kept a few things just for the joy of it, so hopefully in a month or two i can put it all back on again! lol.

Never found anything that fit me in Top Man, other than shoes! lol

i have never ever been a 12, could almost get into a 14 once when i lost 5 an a half stone on ww but back am back in my size 20's now from being in 22's (they were a bit loose tho). i would love to fit in a 14 properly for once in my life. was a size 16 in school lol.

At 6"4' I'm guessing you have pretty big feet Martyn?

I'm only around 6" (when I'm not hunching :p ) and take a 13 in shoe - walktall.co.uk has been a life saver for me! No chance of getting shoes off the rack, and even losing weight ain't going to change that!

For me its a 32/34 Inch waist jeans, and to wear Large tops (Never going to get into medium, i am just to big to do that, not fat big, but bone big! lol)

According to Icemoose, your feet do shrink when you lose weight, you should read his blog he did when he lost weight, about 12stone i think, its one amazing read!

I wear size 12s so luckily most places have a few things that fit! lol.

For me its a 32/34 Inch waist jeans, and to wear Large tops (Never going to get into medium, i am just to big to do that, not fat big, but bone big! lol)
now to me, that seems more than reasonable, but I guess at your height your more "stretched out" so your weight has a bit more to cover over.
Personally, at 6 foot-20stone I'm squeezing into 42/44 waits jeans with "full cut" arses, with 19" collars on shirts and a 52-54 inch chest on jackets/tshirts.

So NO hope of anything off the rack for me right now :(

Ahh same as me, but i am 48-50 chest. I get the added bonus of having to find fat and long jeans! lol For some reason they seem to think all fat blokes are midgets lol (no offence to vertically challenged people!)

again, i have the opposite! lol

I need short jeans, I only have a 28" inside leg, so most of my jeans either get turned up or gragged on the gound! lol

same with shirts too - designers seem to think that just cos a guy needs a 19" neck, he's somehow got 24" biceps, and his arms a foot longer than regular people - hance the look of wearing "baggy" shirts, when in fact that's NOT what I wanted! :rolleyes:

Lol and women think they have it tough!

I have a 33inch leg, but hopefully that will go to 32 when i get less fat legs lol, my drag on the floor but thats how i like them, i point blank refuse to wear anything thats not bootcut lol, hence my dislike for suits!

same with womens pants, if your fat you must be short and have a giant ass lol. i can just about get things long enough in a few shops but they have really big butts and it makes the crotch go halfway down my legs lol. all this just to get a waist that fits. at almost 6 ft myself i have the shoe dilemma too but luckily some shops do and 8 or 9 in nice shoes.

well, well, thats going in my list - yet another bunch of reasons to lose weight and keep it off: clothes! (yes, even as a bloke it seems!)

Well, unless that's just you and me Martyn hahaha!

Lol i doubt it, apparently there are ALOT of 'Perks' to losing the weight, according to Icemooses blog anyway, all of which i intend to test, alot when the weight is gone! lol

Lol yep, watch out tho, there is alot and its really addictive, its amazing watching him change over the course of it, a real inspiration if you ask me!

my goal is a comfy size 10, im 10/12 now and bought some fab zebra print skinny jeans yesterday and had to get a 12. river island are very small fitting usually i used to be a 14 and although i could squeeze into 10's i had a major muffin top so definitly dropped voer a dress size now :D

same with womens pants, if your fat you must be short and have a giant ass lol. i can just about get things long enough in a few shops but they have really big butts and it makes the crotch go halfway down my legs lol. all this just to get a waist that fits. .

i have that problem. if you're a size 24 you're not allowed to be tall!!! i'm 5'9" and most of the trousers i try on have short legs and long crotches, almost down to the knee!!! WTF is all that about????

surely if your taller your more likely to be bigger all over as you would have a bigger frame, i think its silly really. petite ranges go from smaller sizes (sometimes size 4!) because shorter people have smaller frames so therefore shouldnt bigger sizes be made with taller people in mind as well?

well evans do a tall section - which is one rack! lol

that would be odd, seeing every overweight tall woman in town dressed identically, not to mention hideously (evans is VILE!)

with the trousers - the measurement from waistband to where the legs join in the middle can be about 1ft or more in length!!!

and i always complain that things are too low waisted and give me muffin top!

Back