To LL or not to LL...that is the question...

RachieB

A thin person in disguise
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could help me. I am considering following LL again. My first attempt I lost 5 stones in 2009. Sadly in 2010, I messed around from LL to CD to SW to WW back to LL. In this time I put 6 stone back on as I went back to my own destructive eating habits. Now life has settled down a bit, I would like to lose my weight again, but there are concerns;

I am 6 ft and I get really dizzy and low blood pressure whilst doing the plan and my weight loss slows down to 1-2 lbs a week, why does this happen?

I have asked 2 LLC about this and I didn't get a logic answer. One LLC advised that I may need 5 packs per day. Has anyone heard this before?

Hope someone could help because LL is the last door I can try again. I prefer LL because it helps me address my eating habits and reliance.

Hope you are all well today xxx

Hi Rachel

I'm doing LL for a second time coz I know it's the only way I can lose weight (I lose motivation really quickly if I don't see big losses!)

As fas as I know, men need 5 packs a day because they are bigger n need more nutrients etc. 6ft is tall for a woman so maybe u should try 5 packs if ur LLC will let u, dunno if this will cost u more tho? I think everyone feels weak n dizzy at the beginning but u shouldn't b feeling it all the time.

Hope this helps!! Xx

Hi Tanners, Thank you for your response. I felt ill throughout my first time and in my second and third miniature attempts last year. All my other fellow followers felt great but I felt so low and cr*ppy that some days (only at weekends) I had to spend the whole day on the settee. My LLC says about having a 5th pack but she also questioned whether it was worth me feeling so ill.

If I can sort out the continuous tiredness as I know that when I am in true ketosis, I have no appetite and feel great xx

I am 5ft 11 and haven't had any issues - maybe it's worth giving the LL medical team a call to see if that's what they think the problem could be. Whatever you decide, good luck :)

Hi RachieB. I originally did LL two years ago and lost 4 stone. I put a stone back on fairly swiftly, and since then have been maintaining fairly well - until this year for some reason! Anyway I put back a stone and half and am just coming to the end of a 3 week LL Lite diet, which has got rid of most of it.

I did find doing it again very hard. The other noticeable thing was that it took me nearly a week to get into ketosis - I've heard that once youve been in ketosis it's harder to get back into. But I stuck with it and thankfully it worked.

If you're a larger build then I don't think 5 packs would do you any harm, at least until you had lost a stone or two. To be honest, I sometimes had 4 packs and a meal some days when I was a bit weak and watery - and it didn't affect my weightloss.

HTH x

Hi All,

Thankfully I am in ketosis with following atkins so I am hoping that the transition will not be too awful. I was advised by my LLC during my last stint that I would be allowed an additional pack. However, having raised my concerns before returning this time, she has said that an additional pack is not permitted and that other male clients above 6ft have no side effects and she hasn't heard of anyone suffering from lethargy whilst following LL!!

I have read loads on this forum and one of the side effects can be tiredness. What do I do? I need to lose my weight and enjoy the classes. I have been thinking about going back and not telling my LLC when I have felt tired as it is apparent on this forum that tiredness is that and to try to take it easy for a while.

also, I tend to try to do too much and therefore no realise my limitations esp when following LL. Any further comments would be gratefully accepted xxx

I have no personal knowledge of LL but I can't see why one extra pack a day would impact seriously on your losses. After all you are very tall and a man of equivalent height would be permitted the extra pack.

Remember that on any diet plan you need to adapt it, as far as possible, to suit YOUR needs and if you feel weak and lethargic on four packs a day I would definitely try five and see if you feel better.

Good luck!

Hi there. I did LL a few years ago and lost nearly 4st in 12 weeks. I dont think I got the support I needed afterwards though and ended up putting it back on mostly.
I tried a second time but cant bear the packs anymore so have tried all about w8 - it runs on similar levels as LL but is cheaper and you get to have slightly more and some skimmed milk. I have only done it for a week and have lost 8lbs but am finding the packs much better than LL. Good luck with whatever you do - nothing beats being slim does it? x

Hi girls. Well I have found that eating the bars makes me have a carb/sugar dip afterwards and I am really hungry. When I have a pack then I am not. Yesterday I was so weak and tired I could hardly walk up hill whilst shopping in the city. I think I am going to give it until my WI on Tuesday and then if I have to adapt it in other ways then I know that I should.

A quick question, does everybody stick to the flavoured/plain water and black tea/coffee etc., or do you occasionally have diet/sugar free drinks? I think I will post a new thread hmmm....

Thank you all for your support Hope you are having a fab weekend?

xxx

Hi. I'm into my second week. going well so far. I've done this plan before and lost 24lb in 6 weeks. I didn't have any diet drinks or flavored water as it has an impact on ketosis. I'm sticking to it this time too as I don't want the Feeling I had getting into ketosis in the first place. Good luck and stay strong. Xxxx:)

Back