to start SW, but would like some more info - can you help?

Snakes and ladders

Silver Member
Hey guys,

So as you can see from my stats, I don't have much left to lose, but I'm struggling to muster up the motivation for the last 10lbs. Do you think SW would be good for me? Or do you think they'd judge me because I'm in the healthy BMI range? It's just that I'm worried about GAINING again if I let myself go, just like I have always done when I got to this point.

I would like to learn about the food program - how hard is it to follow, what sort of food can you have, etc.

Also, I live in a small rural community and for some reason I'm uncomfortable about meeting someone I know at the meetings...but then it's the support of a group which I think I need! Do you think I'm being silly?

Any info would be helpful - the website is a bit too commercial and I think you guys would be able to provide a more realistic insight.

love, SL xxx

Nobody at sw would judge you - as long as the weight you want to get to is still in the healthy range (I can't see your stats on my phone) then sw may be able to help.

I love sw as it has helped me to make healthy eating part of my everyday life and although I have the odd treat I actually now prefer low fat healthier options than the rubbish I used to eat.

Good luck losing those last 20lbs xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi.

I started SW last June. Since then I have lost 5 1/2 stone. I only went to group for a while (I got made redundant) but when I did go I felt the same as you. I didn't want to bump in to anyone I knew. But, it really did help. I got ideas of recipes, advice and support every time I went. People there aren't there to judge you they are there to help, so try not to worry.

I have mostly done the Extra Easy part of the plan. Basically you can eat anything you like as long as you syn anything that isn't classed as "free food." With the Extra Easy plan the main rule is that 1/3 of your plate should be "Super Free Food" http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/137346-super-free-ee.html
This link has a list of them.

It depends really on what foods you like to eat as to whether the Original, Green or Extra Easy plan suits you.

I would also recommend the SW Magazine. It's really helpful, and each month puts a ready made 7 day eating plan in it for you. That might give you an idea of how it works. Also look on the official SW website, as they put recipes and basic plans on there as a trial for free.
To me, a person who tried every diet and pill around to lose weight, this is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I know it sounds cliche but it really isn't a diet. You can eat anything that you like in moderation. I still have chocolate everyday!!

I hope I have helped a little bit. Good luck!!

I would say that everybody who joins SW has some sort of worry or hang up before they go am I too fat-will I be the fattest one there, am I too skinny . All I would say is that everybody has some worry before they go so you won't be the only one and at the end of the day you are there for your own reasons. The support and fun u have at group are a bonus! I don't know if that helps at all bit I hope it does!!

Back