To WW or not to WW .. that indeed is the question!

Aisha_Mango

Hello all!

Im a newbie to weightwatchers but not to minimins .. i have previously done slim&save but came off it a while ago due to not being able to stick to it very well. A friend of mine is doing ww and it sounds pretty good. I like the structure of having to stick to a certain amount of points but also having the freedome to eat what I want at the same time.

Just curious really as to whether to go the whole hog and actually sign up. Iv worked out my daily points and am wondering whether I should just go it alone and do the ww plan on my own or shall I sign up? Just wondering what the benefits are. I would only sign up online as I dont like the idea of the groups and dont have much free time so im really wondering .. what am i paying for in terms of signing up for the online plan?? What are the benefits of signing up as opposed to sticking to the daily points i know im meant to have and hoping for the best?

Also .. (sorry to keep going on!) how much loss do you all get weekly on average. As, going from a vlcd and having 600cals, ww seems like you're allowed soooooooo much food so wondering if the losses are still good?

Thanx everyone and good luck with you weightloss!

Hello all!

Im a newbie to weightwatchers but not to minimins .. i have previously done slim&save but came off it a while ago due to not being able to stick to it very well. A friend of mine is doing ww and it sounds pretty good. I like the structure of having to stick to a certain amount of points but also having the freedome to eat what I want at the same time.

Just curious really as to whether to go the whole hog and actually sign up. Iv worked out my daily points and am wondering whether I should just go it alone and do the ww plan on my own or shall I sign up? Just wondering what the benefits are. I would only sign up online as I dont like the idea of the groups and dont have much free time so im really wondering .. what am i paying for in terms of signing up for the online plan?? What are the benefits of signing up as opposed to sticking to the daily points i know im meant to have and hoping for the best?

Also .. (sorry to keep going on!) how much loss do you all get weekly on average. As, going from a vlcd and having 600cals, ww seems like you're allowed soooooooo much food so wondering if the losses are still good?

Thanx everyone and good luck with you weightloss!

Hi Aisha and welcome

I'm an online Weight Watcher and I really like it. Other people say they get enough support from here/buying the book packs from Amazon etc. If you sign up you get a 'Tracker' where you can track all your food online. It has a database where you input your food and it shows you the points value for different weights/sizes etc. There are also a load of recipes you can access from the tracker, with points worked out, and you can amend these by changing ingredients and it will re-calculate the points for you. Or you can input your own recipe and it will work out the points for that. You use the tracker to track your activity points too. (You can earn points from exercise - either to use on food, or simply to boost your loss, or both), and of course you input your weight each weigh-in, to track your losses.

There is also a week by week 'Your week' type of thing with hints, tips, articles and some menu plans - I can't remember how many weeks this is for - around 16 - 20 ish I think, but you can go back to them at any time.

Regarding how much you lose - it varies so much depending on so many things, but if you take a look around the forum you'll see there are some people who have lost a fantastic amount of weight. You'll need to be prepared for perhaps a gain when you first swap from a VLCD as your body adjusts, but other than that, yes you really can eat all this food and lose weight!

If you are planning to sign up online, take a look at Quidco, Topcashback or similar sites, as they often have special deals for the first month/three months.

Hi there

I was doing a VLCD and then went straight onto Weight Watchers, I lost 3lbs in the first week and I'm on my 2nd week now. I hit a plateau with the VLCD which is why I chose WW to hopefully kick me up the bum lol, its worked! I do exercise practically every day though which I'm not sure if that helps or not? I was thinking to myself though I'd put on weight but I never did.

I don't go to the groups, I signed up online as I like the food tracker to keep on top of my points. I went down a point already which I didn't think I'd do. I've said to myself if I hit a stop again I'll go to a group to see if I'm doing anything wrong. The food tracker online is easy to use, you just put what you eat in the search so for example, Eggs, then select what eggs you have then select the quantity and it'll come up with how many points its worth. You can also track your activity though for most of those you need to put it in manually (easy to figure out though after a while lol)

Thanx for the replies guys .. It definitely seems as though it might be worth signing up! Gonna check out the book packs on amazon but if that fails, i think im gonna take the plunge and sign up!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanx for the replies guys .. It definitely seems as though it might be worth signing up! Gonna check out the book packs on amazon but if that fails, i think im gonna take the plunge and sign up!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Seeing that you have an iphone. The other great thing about signing up is that you can use the app to track your points and it also has a point calculator. I love the app and find it so helpful to stay on track.

Worth it 100% - I have lost 17.5lbs in 11 weeks and I love it! I haven't starved myself, I've eaten out at restaurants, I've had chocolate, crisps and bread and they call this a 'diet'. Of course, you only get out of it what you put in. It works but you need to be prepared to commit to it and put the effort in.
Hope you enjoy it and it works for you! - check out the before/after pics if you're still on the fence hehe x

Back