Today is the the day! Let's do this....

shrinker

Hello!

Today I am starting CD for the first time, I'm a 30 yr old male, 5'9" weighing 20.5st.

Initially I've set myself a target weight of 14st, but more importantly than numbers I want to feel comfortable with the way I look and feel.

I've tried various diets, (atkins, WW, Slimming world and others). I was last on the Slimming world diet (2009); I was 23.7st when I started that and dropped 4 stone and then I plateaued and lost motivation.

I met with my CD counsellor last night and she took all my measurements and worked out my BMI, my BMI was 41.5. She said that I could not start CD on Sole Source and instead has told me that I can only start on Step 2 at this stage. I'm slightly confused by this, I thought I could start on Sole Source straight away and start seeing the great loses they I've read about on the various forums online.
Has anyone else started this diet on Step 2 with similar figures or can explain why I can't just skip straight to SS.

Thanks.

hi,

I cant say that iv ever heard that u can only start on stage 2, did CDC not explain to u why she thought this was best for u? It may be to help your body get into the plan more gentley, using step to as a prep plan to gradualy reduce your carbs ect? How long have u got to remain on step 2 b4 she will allow u SS or SS+ ?

What ever plan u r on, ul still get some fab results so dont worry about and just enjoy your journey to a new u. good luck ans i look forward to following your progress x

hmm thats strange !! if your BMI is above 40 you have to get a Dr's signature to start any plan below 810 but this isnt normally a problem .. if you really dont want to do 810 maybe ring your CDC and ask her the reasons you cannot do SS ??

I hope you work it out

I'm glad you've not heard of that either, I must say I wasn't overly impressed with the consultation. I'd read a lot of information and I left feeling a bit confused. Rightly or wrongly I plan to go SS on my own, I don't understand why I would pay £56 per week for a low calorie diet when I could do the equivalent without CD.

I don't know if she decided to put me on step 2 because my BMI is just over 40 and she didn't want to GP approval??

She said she had been doing this for over 15yrs, and she had had great personal success, but (and this might sound rude) she was quite overweight herself.

I did email another counsellor who got back to me after I returned from my consultation last night, I'm seriously considering switching to her when she calls later today.

If your not happy with your CDC then i definately would suggest a switch as your CDC will be invaluable to u on your journey and i have to agree, a slightly over weight CDC is not the best advertisement but maybe she was alot bigger in the past and is happy at her weight. Maybe u coukd call her and ask her why she has put u on the step 2 plan, it may make more sense? If there is not a good valid reason then change your CDC?

Thanks Sarah & Katie, I'll do that.

I think I probably will change, I'm not confident with her advice and I wouldn't feel comfortable in calling upon her.

I'm not going to do this "Step 2", I would happily have gone to see my GP to get his approval. I can't see that it would have been an issue. I would rather have had that option. I will carry out this week on the supplies I bought yesterday on Sole Source (4 packs a day).

yeah i would give the new CDC a go , it is so important to be happy with your CDC , I changed mine as my old one was not at all interested in how I was doing , she just weighed me and sold me my packs .. she was also on and off CD as she couldnt keep the weight off ... my new one is fab , she txts me every other day to see how I am doing , we have along chat and she is interested in me and my plan , and she is also a little stricter so I feel I dont want to let her down so stick to it easier !! she also lost 6 stone 3 years ago and kept it off !!!

I would make the switch :)

Back