Today was the day!

NIC68

wants to get super fit!
Hello everyone! This is the first time I've been on a site like this so please forgive me if I'm doing it all wrong! Started my diet today (and it hasn't been an easy start....I'm so hungry!) I'm determined to give this a good shot though - looking at pictures of me taken 8 years ago came as quite a shock. I look so healthy and so much happier! I've got to start somewhere but it's a scary project 6 stone, especially when you've struggled through the first day!:sigh:
Any help, advice would be gladly received!

:welcome: and good luck with the weight loss !
I have no wise and philosophical advice unfortunately as i'm struggling too, but i have to say looking through some of the posts / blogs and reading other peoples success stories is spurring me on and keeping me on the straight and narrow at the moment !!
Jayne

Welcome , which diet are you doing ?

Hello! I'm not on any particular diet, just doing my own low cal thing. I sooo want to be slim again - my will power is strong (at the moment!). Am I right in thinking theses first few weeks will be the hardest??

Ok , so your doing your own low Cal diet . with first few weeks being the hardest , I think that anytime is hard , but I guess if we want it enough it will outweigh the negative thoughts ? I guess also its whats going on in your life too that palys apart , do you think ?

I know what you mean! I turned 40 in July and the year before I was adamant I wouldn't be fat & 40 - ha! Turning point came for me after accidentally coming across a photo of myself and a good friend at a wedding. It made me realize I'd just being kidding myself pretending I was ok with my weight. The truth is I'm desperately unhappy with it. Being able to say that to other people on here who understand is great as I'd never admit it to my everyday friends or even family - I couldn't even admit it to myself for God's sake!
I have to do this.

hi nic68 and welcome. i joined last week but still don't know what to do properly yet, i'm hoping it will come soon. I'm on slimfast which is a bit like calorie counting but made easy as you only have to work out the evening meal. have you thought about that? xx

Nic you can do this !!! Just keep looking at them photos when times get hard , i'm sure your going todo well

Thank you all for your replies! In answer to the Slimfast question, I'm afraid it's just not an option for me as it involves shakes which I loathe (I can't drink milk!) so I'm at the moment on fruit throughout the day and an evening meal consisting of veg and fish. Quite hardcore I know but I really do love veg and have never been a big meat eater. Lazy food was my downfall - Tesco's Finest range and M&S ready made meals.....oh and chocolate!! I've cut my carbs and dairy right down (mild allergy to dairy anyway so no bad thing) I will sometimes have a slice of wholemeal toast for breakfast though but have limited myself to just the one a day. I still enjoy my glass of white wine in the evening too! The food I'm eating is fine, it's the actual hunger PAINS that are horrible! I have a very big appetite you see so always seem to be hungry!
I'd love to hear how everyone else is getting on and how they're managing.

1127168qo8basv9g8.gif

Welcome to Mini's Nic :) Don't think of it as 6 stone to lose, as that can seem too difficult. Take it a few pounds, or half a stone at a time. So right now, you have 7lbs to lose, which is far more acheivable :)

Your diet does sound a little hardcore! Hunger is not a good thing, its when you're hungry that you're likely to blow it and give up.
I do Slimming World and am very rarely hungry, there are so many 'free' foods to pick from. Maybe you should visit the SW part of minimins and check out some of the food diaries to see just how much us SW folk can eat and still lose weight. You may be converted...(I don't work for SW, honest!)

I do try to think like that and to be honest my 1st goal is just to get through this week! Looking at your ticker you're almost there - you must be so pleased!

Yep, but that's not the end of my journey, the hard part will be keeping it off! I broke mine down into small goals, like getting my BMI under 30, getting under 200lbs, at the moment it's hitting 100lbs off :) then it will be getting my BMI under 26 so that I can finally be 'normal'!

The lovely thing about this site is the variety of methods and plans people use, so if you find that the method you're using isn't working well for you, you can easily research other options.

Your diet does sound a little hardcore! Hunger is not a good thing, its when you're hungry that you're likely to blow it and give up.
I do Slimming World and am very rarely hungry, there are so many 'free' foods to pick from. Maybe you should visit the SW part of minimins and check out some of the food diaries to see just how much us SW folk can eat and still lose weight. You may be converted...(I don't work for SW, honest!)
Hi Melanie! Thanks for your advice. I'm basically trying to shrink my stomach as I have such a big appetite I no longer know when I'm full and ALWAYS clean my plate!! If I can get through this week, I can get through the next 40!

That's always the hard part but you've worked so hard I'm sure you'll do ok. I'm now going to set up a little goal chart in my signature. Thankyou!

you might find you don't have enough space just yet for a goal chart as well as a ticker, as you 'earn' more space with activity. So when you get to 20 posts you'll get more, then more at 50. You're on 17 so just get posting :)

Thanks Shelbell - will do!

Back