Toffee and walnut shakes...............

susan70

Gold Member
this is the only shake ive not tried but last night all I could think of was a toffee and walnut shake made hot, can someone describe the taste to me, can you taste the walnut (this is the bit I dont like)?? are they nice hot??

My cdc is coming tonight so I might just get one to try.

the walnut taste is quite strong but only as an aftertaste, if you know what i mean....lol
try 1 is the best bet.
good luck

I love them! They smell really toffee like and taste yummy. The walnut taste is there but it is mostly toffee.

I cant taste the walnut lol. Its all toffee to me. I nearly didnt get them because I dont particularly like toffee taste but I really like them. They are very sweet, very comforting.
Are the fruits of the forest ones nice?
Lynne x

I like the fruits of the forest better than the strawberry a stronger taste then the strawberry I think.xx

Thanks all.xx

I'll get a couple to try then.
Going in the garden, Brrrrrrrr freezing. I had to have two hot water bottles in bed last night. Must get myself a fella lol.
Lynne x

mixed feelings on toffee and walnut got three of them so must have them soon xxx

when I make shakes up hot I always mix the powder with cold water into a smooth runny paste 1st then add the hot water they dont ususally come out lumpy or is it just the toffee and walnut ones that are lummpy??

Can't be doing with lumps! Got a rechargeable blender that I take everywhere. Fruits of the forest is nice hot, have a toffee and walnut one but can't pluck up the courage to try it so think it can be swapped.

I love T & W shakes hot, they feel really naughty!

I have a Hinari Genie blender which all shakes are made in - no lumps and it goes quite frothy too.

I can taste the walnut but I am not a huge huge fan of walnuts themselves, however this is one of my fave shakes.

I could live off the T & W shakes - they are yummy.

I blitz all my shakes (I only have T & W and Vanilla) with loads of ice. They are like a McDonalds milkshake.

I made up a toffee and walnut this morning in the blender with ice and a spoon of coffee.............yummy:p

I put my boiling water in the container I got with my whizzer, then I tip the shake mix in, and mix it to ******* as they say! Its never lumpy, its quite frothy 'man', and very very delishhhh. Ive just had my last one of the day. Choc, very lovely, I'll have to go and fill my hot water bottles up now coz my feet are going to fall off!
Lynne x

Last edited:
Hi

How do you make up the shakes with ice - do you make them as per normal with the normal amount of water and then add to a blender with ice? Thanks - could do with a nice McD ice shake!

this is the only shake ive not tried but last night all I could think of was a toffee and walnut shake made hot, can someone describe the taste to me, can you taste the walnut (this is the bit I dont like)?? are they nice hot??

My cdc is coming tonight so I might just get one to try.

It's horrible.

If you like the butterscotch (yuk!) you'll like the toffee and walnut (yuk!) they taste similar.

Hmm, I've gone off the Toffee and Walnut one a bit (had it too much). But when I did like it I used to add a little bit of coffee to it and it was almost like imagining coffee and walnut cake. Hopefully after I've given it a rest for a while I'll like them again. I've gone off all the soups as well so it's just shakes porridge and bars for me for a little while. It's funny how everyone's tates are different.

Back