Tofu!! not sure what to do....

boardwitless

Silver Member
I bought some of this to try on 810/1000/1200 plans as I like veggie protein-type foods like Quorn etc. (it's the first one)

Cauldron Foods » Our Range. Delicious vegetarian food

First of all, does anyone know if it is allowed and if so in what quantities?
Secondly, what's the best way to prepare it? I assume it's not the silken tofu as it's not smooth. I quite fancy marinading it in something to give it some flavour otherwide I get the impression it will taste like chamois leather...
Thanks xx

Sorry, i have no idea if its allowed. But, i think it may have been at some point because there are some recipes with it in the 810 recipe sticky. (they are 'old' recipes from when it was 790 plan) Be interesting to find out the official line. I've never tried it and i have to say it doesn't appeal.

Yep, it's definitely allowed. I add it to stews and stir fries, but you do need strong flavours with it or it tastes like nothing. Not great at soaking up flavours by being marinated, either. The best thing I did/do with it is whizz it up with semi-skimmed milk with hand blender to make a protein rich white sauce for veg etc... still needs flavour, like chilli, or italian herbs, or something, but I liked it. Think there are some recipes on the stickies board under veggie options, or something.

xxx

Drain it as much as possible! I used to stand it on several layers of kitchen towel, more kitchen towel on top than put a heavy chopping on top, change the kitchen towel regularly and leave for a few hours. It also has a firmer texture if you freeze it first then use it from defrosted.

I used to marinade mine in soy sauce, don't know if this is allowed on cambridge, tis only my second day!

Back