Tomato soup anyone

slimlinetonic

Does anyone know a recipe for tomato soup please.

slimlinetonic said:
Does anyone know a recipe for tomato soup please.

If you use the search facility there will surely be loads of recipes. Alternatively type into google 'slimming world tomato soup' and it'll give you a list of links :)

Try this one its lovely : )

2 boxes of passata
Tin beans. Tin carrots
Half pint water
1 veg or beef oxo
1 pickled onion

Put everything in together , heat, and then blitz with a blender.
I love Heinz tomato soap, and this is close to it.
Enjoy xx

Hi. Ive been making tomato soup for years, I love it, don't like tinned soup.

1lbs toms chopped up
1 onion
Pint chicken or veg stock
Tblspoon flour (syns?)
1 tblspoon tom paste

Fry onion in non-stick pan with a little frylight, sweat it until soft. Stir in the flour, then add the stock slowing, stirring at the same time, add the tomatoes and the paste and stir well, bring to boil then turn right down, cover and leave for half hour or more if you can, bubbling lightly.(stir occasionally) Then sieve and press all the juice out of the toms as you do it with a wooden spoon.

This is the best tomato soup every. You can make it thicker or thinner with more or less flour. Add basil if you like. Maybe other veg etc... But I just like it as it is!:)

p.s.add salt and pepper to taste

My favourite SW recipe as it's ridiculously easy and delicious and I make it at least once every fortnight.

15-20 Cherry Tomatoes
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
Seasoning (Salt, Pepper, Oregano, Basil and Mixed Herbs)

• Chop up peppers and onion into medium sized chunks and pop them on a baking tray with garlic and cherry tomatoes.
  • Spray with frylight and roast in the oven for about 20-30mins (depends on oven - less for fan ovens).
  • Transfer them from the oven into a large pan and cover with vegetable stock (enough to just about cover). Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
  • Blend with a liquidiser/hand blender.
  • Add seasoning to taste and let simmer for 10 minutes.
  • Enjoy!

If you want it really smooth you can also sieve it to get rid of all the tiny tomato seeds. You can also add a little Creme Fraiche (synned of course) when you're serving if you want it a little creamy but I prefer it as it is.

Tomato & Harissa Soup

If you fancy something a bit spicy

Fry one onions and two garlic cloves.

Add 2 cans of chopped tomatoes and a teaspoon of Harissa paste and one preserved lemon, chopped up. (Harissa paste is quite hot so add a little at a time if you don't like your food too hot).

Add roughly a quarter pint of water (adjust depending on how thick yo want the soup).

Season and blend before pushing through a sieve. Add finely chopped parsley and you have a spicy, aromatic, zingy soup.

Syns - 1 for the spray oil and 1 for the paste.

The paste i used is Tesco Harissa Paste, but if you used a spice blend it would reduce the syns.

This could also be used for the base of a Mediterranean stew (fish or chicken).

Back