Tomorrow........... :o(

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by katalena, 18 October 2009 Social URL.

1. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

I am having what my dentist referred to as "complex surgery" tomorrow :(

I have a dental phobia but feel it is important to go as we only have one set of teeth and I find it a huge turn off to see foul teeth!

I pay far to much money to go to a private dentist but he is wonderful and I trust him fully.

Last year my dentist said he could see a shadow under my crown but whilst it wasn't causing me any problems he would leave it alone. Approx 2 months later I felt it but it wasn't hurting.

Anyway, last Tuesday it hurt so thought I would call, they had a cancellation at 1230 so off I went in my lunch break.

To cut a long story short, the pin has broken off my crown and embedded in my gum :(

Tomorrow I am having the tooth removed and he is going to have to cut an L shaped incision in my gum and remove the pin! :(

Booo hooo

Kat xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Jezebella

Jezebella Playing the Angel

Eeeek darling, will be thinking of you too, seems both of us have a rough day tomorrow. Are you having a local or general anaesthetic?

Jez
    xx

4. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Just local!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am being a brave girl as I am not having the sedation!

Least I don't have to worry about eating afterwards! lol

Kat xx

5. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Ouch!

Good luck Kat. I'll be thinking of you.
    Think of the even more beautiful smile you'll have afterwards :D

6. Morticia

Morticia Happy in my own skin

Hope it's not too traumatic Kat...good luck.

7. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Is back in the saddle!

Good Luck Kat.

8. daisydoll

daisydoll Gold Member

oh just read this - now i know why you need the pain relief!
    have whatever it takes!
    daisy x

9. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

I am home and did not have to have the complex surgery but what I have had is bad enough! I am still numb currently although all I can taste is blood ack!

He said it was difficult and is likely I will be in alot of pain later.

I will NOT take pain killers unless I am able to do so. I do not want to do anything that will affect my weightloss when I only have 2 weeks to go. I would sooner suffer the pain.

Kat xx

10. Snorks

Snorks Full Member

I missed this kat, hope you're not in too much pain today

11. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

I am back at work today. Feel like I have been punched in the face but I am doing ok! Pain is thick and dull rather than stingy and sharp if that makes sense. I am not having to think about eating so that makes it alot easier!

Kat xx