Too many points?!

Dazzling

I've just sat and worked out an average week's eating day by day including drinking on a Saturday night and having a couple of wines in the week and I'm left with a silly number of points?! I'm worried I'll be eating snacks left right and centre to fill meet the points (this is still carrying 4 over daily for the weekends!)

The way I eat already is a light brekkie as I can stand breakfast so am going to make myself eat melon, a lighter lunch, and then a more filling meal as I cook for both of us at home. But unless I'm really underestimating my points this seems too easy!?

Should I just wait and see how hungry I get or pasta a typical menu here and see what you all think is that ok?

Monday:
Brekkie - 1/8 melon 1pt
Lunch - 6 melba toast, 2 dairylea lights 2pt
Banana - 1pt
jelly pot - 0pt

Snack - ww cake slice 1pt

Dinner - recipe taken from here, top points 8
Pud - Jelly pot 0pt or meringue and tinned in juice fruit 1.5pt

Say I then had 3 small glasses of cava 3pt that's only 17 points and loads of food and drink?!

I am allowed 25 per day, and want to have at least the 21 so I carry 4! Am I waaaay out here with my points?

Try having a higher point lunch, i would be starving all day if i had what you had lol and i've done a vlcd twice.

Today i have had

breakfast 40g branflakes with sultanas with the one milk 3pts

Lunch 2 ham salad sandwhiches with nimble bread, stick of celery and some pickled onions. 4pts

snacks so far packet of crisps 1pt and a small banana 1pt

total used 9pts out of the 22 i can have

dinner will probs be about 5/6pts so i still have 7 to use and i usually save 2 for after dinner for a small pot of icream

Thanks -I thought I'd be quite full with the melbas, jelly and a 'nana for lunch but maybe not then! :eek:

I'd like to eat cereal at brekkie but just can't stomach it - if I have melon at least I can prepare it in a little pot and much at my desk once at work.

I could pad out lunch with more dairylea and sometimes have some snadwiches with nimble bread (that's yum isn't it, I'm surprised!).

This is a great sign though, it means I should really be able to stick to WW - I've never dieted before and have no willpower, but this seems really do-able. And such an inspiring board here too!

If youre struggling, then avoid things like WW/Nimble bread and have 'regular' bread, that really bulks up your points.

Oooh fab, what's the difference per slice? I can easily munch on toast and marmite for an evening snack (and it's evenings that are my downfall too!).

Having some points for an evening snack is a great thing to have and can make the difference between staying on track and not doing for some people (me for instance).

Rosemary Conley choc mousses (2 points) are an evening fave of mine as are Alpen Light cereal bars (1 point).

same here, if i couldn't have an evening snack i'd lose the plot totally

The kickstart booklet does a nice breakdown based on 18pts. 3 for Breakfast, 5 for lunch, and 8 for dinner, leaving a couple for snacks. Obviously you could adjust this if your daily points allowance is more. I have tried to use this as a guideline and it is good: I just have no willpower at the moment!

Back