TooFatKats 2010 Ramblings.

toofatkat

Not such a fat kat now :)
I heard a quote today, which I have posted in another thread, but it got me thinking.

"its not what you do between Christmas and New year that matters but what you do between New Year and Christmas"

Quite deep really for a simple sentence.

I joined slimming world at the end of February 2009 so my first WI was the 2nd March 2009. It is this date that Im counting as my 'anniversary'.

I was at my heaviest ever, 19stone and 1 1/2 lbs!:cry:. I have since lost 3 stone:) (christmas week). I would love to have lost 4 stone by the beginning of March 2010. It is feasible, just, as I lost my first stone in 9 weeks. I would also love to have lost a further 2 stone by the time I go to Corfu in July - but I'll play that one by ear :p

My weight loss is unpredictable. It either goes really slowly or fast. What doesnt change though is my head. My head is in the right place and nothing will move me from slimming world however long it takes.

So, heres to 2010 and hopefully another 4 stone .....

Today I gave away the last of my cakes that Id baked for our new years eve party. I know that the type of cake they were (christmas cake, date bars) very yummy but only I would eat them so I gave them away. I did slice up and put into the freezer though the coffee crunch cake, which I will use for my syns as a treat every now and again.

Back to work tommorow unfortunately. Im going to have to plan my lunches carefully. Because of the hours I work (9 til 9 on Mondays and Wednesdays) I have a tendancy not to eat enough due to time. What I eat is ok just not enough of it. So this afternoon Im going to make a bacon and mushroom quiche to eat with salad.

So disappointed, I only lost 1/2lb at my first WI after new year. I was convinced Id lost more. I know its a loss but Id been so good. Think I'll go and cry in a corner somewhere.

Dont worry one bit about it Kat - its still a result

Strange day with this weather, Its so cold and very difficult to get to work. Ive gone over my syns but cant seem to control my sweet urges today, I keep nibbling on sweet stuff.
On Saturday its my daughters 16th birthday, Its gone so fast, and now I feel old. Anyway she wants to go for a meal at her favourite chinese restaurant. How can I refuse. Im going to have to have will power and keep my syns as low as possible now so that I wont totally blow it before my WI onTuesday.
Got the gym tomorrow as well, Im really enjoying it.

Not a bad day so far but need to keep control over the chocolate. For some reason this week Ive eaten more choc than I did over all christmas and new year. Got to think about what to eat tomorrow night at the chinese.

had a lovely day with daughter yesterday. had a red day and saved my HEB until we got to the chinese so that I could have plain steamed rice. I looked up a few things on the eating out board on here and discovered that chicken in oyster sauce in only 4 1/2 syns. so I had that. Everyone else shared the mixed hors d'oevres for starters and had a bit of the crispy seaweed, which I know would have syns but I love it and I avoided everything else. It was a delicious meal.

Overall I didnt overeat anyway as I feel so crap. I thought I had avoided getting my husbands man flu that he had over christmas and new year (Ive not had a cold for years) but on Friday night I succumbed. OMG its awful! I feel like there's a whole team of bellringers in my head, my nose is running like a tap and apparantly I look like Ive aged 20 years.
Im sure that now Ive got it, it must be an official illness rather than imaginary man flu. Mental note to self though - be a little more sympathetic to hubby when he's ill, he's being very caring to me and I feel ever so slightly guilty now.
Hope this doesnt affect my weight loss in a bad way, although I must have drunk enough water to drink the river dry.

thanks, I'll survive, not used to having a cold .

Ive planned a fortnight of extra easy meals just to give it a fair chance. I do prefer red/green but did extra easy on holiday and it seemed to work. I struggle with it though as I think I 'forget' portion sizes because its so normal so Im going to give it extra effort and see what happens. So anyone who's reading this wish me luck and watch this space.

Yesterday I made (and ate) the lentil, carrot and bacon soup from the extra easy cook book. I had already cooked a smoked ham joint and so used the juices from that as my stock, it gave it such a beautiful flavour. I love that soup everyone always wants it at work as the smell is just so gorgeous.
For tea I had chicken tikka masala and rice which I made before I went to work.

I still feel quite ill. Went to work during the day but by 1pm was feeling rather worse for wear. I didnt go to my other job at 6, went home to bed instead.

Today, feel much the same, very wooly head with a team of bellringers inside, but awake and semi-coherent.

Food wise, another extra easy day. I used my HEB allowance on bread and had a ham sarnie for breakfast (slightly odd I know but feel odd today), a ham and mushroom omelette and tomatoes for lunch. and for tea will be having spaghetti carbonara, when I find the recipe again. I thought I had it in a magazine but can I find it..... so an internet search is on.

WI tonight at 7, fingers crossed.x

ok, I only lost 1/2lb this week. was a bit disapointed as I was convinced Id lost more.. Never mind, I'll keep going on Extra easy for my planned fortnight and see what happens. Maybe it'll all come off at once.
Going prom dress shopping tomorrow with daughter. Not to buy but to try on different styles so we can see what suits her. She's got it into her head that she wants me and my mum to make the dress as it will make it more special! Thats why I need to go early, I dont have much free time so it will take a while.... ah well, she's worth it.

I cant believe its been 5 days since I managed to get onto here. I lost 1 1/2lbs this week. I'd had my first week on extra easy and hoped Id lost the 5 lbs every body else seems to be losing.

Anyway I also had my first months weigh in at Curves this week. Ive lost 5 inches and 5 lbs this month so not too bad

I cant believe Ive not been on here for over a week! Work has been manic. Even today, my only day off went pearshaped and I acheived nothing, but I did have coffee with 2 friends Id not seen for a while.

Well Ive now done 3 weeks of extra easy and have decided to go back to just red and green. It is just too similar to how I use to eat when I put weight on. Ive always cooked low fat. On week one I lost 1 1/2lb, week 2 put on 1/2lb and week 3 lost 1/2lb. Not too brilliant. so red and green here I come...

Today though Forgive me father I have synned! big style. the friends I saw brought cakes....... and Ive eaten 4!!!!!!!
and now I feel sick.

If Im not careful I'll ruin all my good work at the gym which is going really well. Its now been about 6 weeks since I joined and can now begin to 'feel' the difference, muscles are beginning to feel tight that I didnt know could feel tight.
So tomorrow I catch up, clean the house that I should have done today, do some lesson prep for next week, pack my suitacase for a conference on Tues/wed. and take son driving.
Sunday, a lovely peaceful day spending quality time with hubby. We are going to go to Hodsock to walk through the snowdrops - its beautiful there.

Ive been so busy with work that Ive not been able to get on here . Ive discovered that I need it as much as I need to stay to group. Ive been on a great self sabotage fortnight due to one thing and another but strangely my head has always been on the fact that my last sabotage night was last night, my weigh in night. Ive been eating good SW meals just a lot of crap inbetween.

My daughter and friends at school decided that they were going to have a bet to see if they could be vegetarian for a month! Guess who's cooking 2 meals for 4 weeks? muggins of course!
I dont think her friends realise how near to vegetarian she is anyway, it wont be a hardship for her. The 3 carnivores in our family objected but will do a few veggie meals. So instead of the normal menu on the cooker hob Ive got 2. I refuse to cook veggie for 1 so Im joining her, a month of green days, how wonderful, (she says sarcastically!) I will miss bacon so I may partake of it every now and again, I cant be totally vegetarian.
who knows, maybe it'll give my weight loss a fantastic boost, extra easy doesnt so something must.
Next week its 12 months since I walked through the SW door. Ive had lots of ups and downs but love it most of the time.

Oh boy , it worked! I lost 5lbs tonight!! I did a litttle dance at the scales! very sad I know but I couldnt help it.
If only I can do 1 1/2 lbs next week I'll get my 3 1/2 stone award.
Still on the green days courtesy of daughter but enjoying it so far.
Good luck everyone else for your WI'ns

just realised that 12 months today I walked through the door to slimming world and have lost almost 3 1/2 stone.
long may it continue

Complete shock last WI, I got my groups biggest loser award!! and Id stayed the same. I looked through my book though and after a big weight loss I seem to stay the same or put on a little so at least I stayed the same. Unfotunately Ive not had a brilliant week. - too muuch choc Im afraid. I really need to stay motivated, particularly as Im coming up to my busy time of year and some weeks it will be not be possible to get to group.

Ive had a much better week so far, much more focussed - finally. I feel like I may have finally lost some more weight, but then I started my period - great, just what I need! bloated and whale like. As long as I dont STS for three weeks in a row. When am I going to get that elusive 3 1/2 stone award???
I just feel like once Ive got to that milestone it will all begin to work again. Ive got at least another 3 1/2 to go so I must stop sabotaging myself. Ive also got a holiday to look forward to in July and I want to be able to sit in the aeroplane seat, not touching the sides and not having to lift up the arm rests before I can fasten the seat belt - embarassing.......
So, I need a plan, 17 weeks and a few days. If I try for an average of 1lb a week I could lose 1 - 1 1/2 stone to make it to nearly 14 stone. That would be fantastic - hardly a bikini body but in comparison to what I have looked like for the last 10 years positively Goddess like.

Anyway, off I go to plan my next two weeks menus.......
Keep going everyone, the end is in sight..

Back