total and honest opinions required

fattoflat

I am debating whether to join slimming world online tomorrow and wonder whether any of you are losing weight this way and if what positives or negatives there might to this?

Obviously its the same diet as when you go to the meetings (which i cannot get to) and how does everyone find the diet in general?

Many thanks in advance

Helen

yes. im not quite sure how im going to do that bit but i cant make the classes at all so i thought this would be the next best thing?

helen

I actually joined yesterday with the intention of getting the books and doing it alone . i stayed behind at the meeting and was impressed with the weight losses and tips and how their week had been , plus the leader is so nice and supportive , im going to the meetings and staying ,
i can swap to an evening class which is better for me and has the same leader

There are a few people on here who go it alone, either with bodyoptimise (online) or just following the SW plan.

Personally, I need to go to class but if you can do it without then go for it! SW is a great plan to follow and with the support of body optimise and this wonderful forum, I am sure you will succeed

I go it alone, although my weightlosses are slow thats not because I dont stick to plan. Lots of people on here do it alone and are very successful. Give it a go, its a great diet.

thank you for you quick replies :) is there an average of what a person can expect to lose in a month?

helen

Hi, I joined SW 9 weeks ago, as an online member, and I have lost 19 lb so far, which I am really pleased with. I weigh in every Sunday, and although I dread it, it does appear to be working. I also log on to this forum to maintain my motivation. This is my first post, I joined specifically to answer your question. I hope this helps!
Best wishes, Tracy

Welcome to the forum Tracey and well done on your weight loss so far, that's a great loss!!

Helen - everyone's losses are different but many people can lose their first stone in 5-6 weeks. A pound or two a week is the "normal" expected weight loss though.

Jay x

I go to class and honestly this is the first 'diet' I have stuck at mainly because nothing is banned you just need to watch your syn intake.

It doesn't feel like I'm on a diet at all... I can eat a whole host of free food so I always feel full. SW has changed the way I see food and has made me question some of my eating behaviours.

Right now there is chocolate on my desk, I've had 7 syns worth and stopped. Before SW that would NEVER of happened!

As for the WI each week... we could be your class for you? If you feel you need to tell someone your result each week to keep you on track well we can certainly do that!

Also Boots weight machines are free right now.

thank you tracey..that was very kind of you :) i think on that basis i will definately join up tomorrow!

rmo7 - i know what you mean re the chocolate thing..that is my one weakness so to be able to to do what youve done with managing and stopping yourself...that sounds great to me!

i suppose old habits can be changed and thats what i have to do..ill keep telling myself that over the next few months :)

i feel welcomed already and that has made a huge difference already

thank you

helen

I agree with RM07, we could be your class here. I joined last thursday, but going to class and i feel like i have a second class for free here.

it really is a great eating plan. I did WW before but found that i wasnt sticking to it as much as i should.

good luck and ask any questions if you get stuck. (believe me i do :))

I have done both classes and now bodyoptimise online. I didn't enjoy the image therapy part of the class and was only going to get weighed so for me going it alone is great. I think the bodyoptimise site is great and you even get motivational emails along the way. I would definately join.

My consultant mentioned that the average is to aim for 7lbs in 5 wks and a stone in 10 weeks. However, some people do it quicker, others slower.

Hi...firstly welcome....
I did sw online before I joined class and it wasn't for me personally....I didn't want to go to class as I thought I wouldn't like it but now I actually enjoy it and its nice to chat with others who are in the same position....like on here...
I didn't like online because...(and these are all my personal reasons and no reflection on hw others do things alone......)

I didn't have anyone to answer to other than myself so found it easy to fall off plan

I felt like you got no support online from sw you just use the site and thats it...you get an e-mail after your weigh in - how motivating (not!)

you can't buy things cheaper like you can at meetings even though you pay the same money (like sw magazine, hi fi bars etc)

these are only my personal observations (as requested!) I don't want to put you off as sw is great but you could probably get as much support on here without paying to be an online member....

Back