Totally Fed Up!!!!

Irene

Silver Member
Hi
I have been doing SW for years and lost just over 1 stone when I started, so was happy.
However in the last 18 months or so my weight is up and down like a yo-yo.
I put weight on when I trained for a bikeathon.:cry:
Have set target and altered it a couple of times since and at the moment my target weight is 10stone 3lb.
I have had a good week but I know when I go tonight I will have gained (just weighed myself know I shouldn't but my scales are bang on with the scales at class) - I could 'chicken out' but as I am on the 'social team' thats not fair to my SW consultant.
Last August I was 9stone 8lb with a target weight of 9stone 10.5 and I was very happy and felt great in myself.
A couple of ladies have started a walking group and I enjoy it but not if my weight goes up again. :confused:
The question I am asking myself today is do I look at another plan? WW or RC spring to mind or persevere. I think I know the answer as I love SW. Going to do a diary as maybe I have become complacement and if I do not lose in the next couple of weeks than I am thinking of going to the GP - I am 49 could be the start of the menopause, have the odd hot flush and a lack of energy at the moment which is also gettine me down.:mad:
Sorry to rant on but I do need some support other than from class.
Thanks for reading.
Irene

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling so good. When you say you've put on weight through training, has your actual size changed at all, or are you still the same size? Also, don't be afraid of joining the walking group, I personally doubt walking will impact on your weight that much.

Do you think it could be your portions rather than exercise that's effecting your weight, hence why you've said about doing RC/WW? What do you feel you could get out of these rather than SW? Have a good think about the pros and cons of them all and then decide which one you think is best.

I think you should still go to class to face the music so to speak. I know if I didn't go I would be more tempted to say 'forget it' and binge on anything and everything. Good luck with whatever you decide and I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated.
My clothes are a 'bit more snug' so even though I am still the same size clothes wise my vital statistics are up.:cry:
I am going to carry on walking as I enjoy it.
Portion size - you have hit it on the head - as a vegetarian I do eat lots of pasta and rice so I have just looked through a few magazines and following a menu for tonights meal which is Roasted Vegetable Pasta.
In my heart I know SW is for me - I suppose I feel that fed up I am looking for a 'quick fix' which as we know doesn't happen.
Going to walk/cycle to class tonight (if weather allows).
Irene

Thanks for taking the time to reply - much appreciated.
My clothes are a 'bit more snug' so even though I am still the same size clothes wise my vital statistics are up.:cry:
I am going to carry on walking as I enjoy it.
Portion size - you have hit it on the head - as a vegetarian I do eat lots of pasta and rice so I have just looked through a few magazines and following a menu for tonights meal which is Roasted Vegetable Pasta.
In my heart I know SW is for me - I suppose I feel that fed up I am looking for a 'quick fix' which as we know doesn't happen.
Going to walk/cycle to class tonight (if weather allows).
Irene

I know exactly what you mean about the quick fixes. I was like you in that I used to be just under 10 stone and I felt great then. Then I put it all back on and I feel like since then I have been looking to get back to there as quickly as physically possible! But it doesn't work like that. It took me about a year I think to lose the weight to get to that size and I need to give myself that time again (as much as it pains me to say it!). If you stick with SW, you will get there eventually. :)

I think if you love the plan then persevere - you know it works after all just something isn't quite right at the moment.

Remember if you exercise you will build muscle and it is more than possible that you will lose inches but tone up.

I was going to ask which plan you follow but just seen you are veggie. I can't follow the gren plan as the carbs would be a disaster for me. Do you eat white or wholewheat pasta?

Might be worth a chat with your GP, if * week can affect our losses then I would certainly have thought the menopause may as well?

I know exactly what you mean I am in the same boat at the mo. Only 3lbs to taget but it might as well be 30lbs the way its going!!! I definitley think it gets harder as you get older and the more times you do it, definitely takes longer to get there but I am the same as you I do like SW so I am gonna perservere as long as I get there for my hols in August I will be happy!!! Good Luck in whatever you decide to do x

Catherine and Ellie - Thank you for your input.
I always used to have W/M Pasta and Rice but having been using white more recently (Something I had forgotten about).
I know I have not a lot to lose - ideally I would love to get back to 9st 8lb befor my hols in August so that is 10lbs to get rid of.
Going to post my diary on the site.
Also going to get out all my old SW magazine and eat more planned menus.
Thanks again and will let you know how I get on.
Irene

I think it's far to easy to let our weight get us down. I came back from holiday mid March having gained 7lb:eek: So obviously I went over target, I've been in & out of target since then & at times I've be so fed up with it all.

But what has kept me going is that SW does work, it does fit in with my life & I can & will keep in target range.

Go out with the walking group it maybe what you need to make you feel more positive & like you are doing something.

Losing 10lb before your hols is acheivable & in your later posts you sound more positive.

Michelle
You are so right.
Last night I was totally fed up with myself and what with my loss of 'get up and go' especially as I am on holiday from work this week.
Have just been into Holland and Barrett today for some advice.
Have looked at both WW and RC and they are not for me.
I feel more positive as you said, going to face the music tonight at class.
Thanks again.
Irene

Back