TOTM & 1st weigh in query

sarahlasvegas

Hello

Im due my TOTM - any day, My 1st weigh in is on Tuesday, and i guess im worrying how it will impact on that. Is there anything i can do to ease the effect of it? I dunno water retention pills or anything?

Im really worried TOTM has a big effect on my 1st weigh in and disheartens me!

Also - another q - how much is the mixamouse? Does it come in little packs or a box? Just wondering for when im on it :)

Hiya, nothing you can do about your TOTM water retention except drink plenty of water which helps with any water retention..

I had my totm in my first week and still lost 8lb , try not to worry, if you retain some water first week, it will come off next week...

As for MAMousse... ask your CDC as all prices vary from one to another... it is powdered gelatin and comes in a pot and lasts quite a while.
Mousse is a lovely addition to the diet :)

x

Good to know you still had a big loss to start with TOTM. Think im just needing reassurance, cant pretend if i stand on the scales and theres like a 2lb loss i wouldnt be gutted, its been a tough week.

Cant wait till Tuesday at 7pm to step on these scales :innocent0001:

well whatever your first loss, you need to perservere, we can never say what that first loss is, but if its less than you wanted, remember you will still lose fat.
Good luck with your weightloss journey !

x

As Tilly has said the only thing for the water retention is more water. Water retention tablets are not allowed on CD as you could dilute your bodies stores of potassium too much.

Drink as much as you feel comfortable with, spaced throughout the day, anything over the 2.25L is grand and don't feel under pressure to drink loads.

Good luck!

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...tion/53190-water-consumption-please-read.html

Hey
just wanted to say good luck for your wi..... I have found that my weight loss hasnt really been effected by totm but our bodies are all different.. I am sure you will have a great first loss, but for any reason if it isnt as much as you hoped it will come of the week after otherwise.
Good luck and let us know how you get on x

It was TOTM for me during my 1st week but I still lost 8lbs! Good luck for your weigh in tomor xxx

I know exactly how you are feeling! I'm really apprehensive about this weeks wi. It's my totm whilst on cd - i'm on week 7 but I have PCOS so totm is not always a monthly thing! (Lucky you may think, but i'm soooo heavy, emotional and genrally feel blurgh!) sorry if tmi!!!

Anyway, I'm dreading wi...been 100% though, and drank my usual 2.5 litres, with an extra 1/2 litre each day. So fingers crossed.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Hugs x x x

I had my TOTM for 3.5 weeks, the CD did affect that, but my losses were still ok for me.. week 1 - 8 week 2 - 4, week 3 - 1 (didnt drink enough water) and week 4 -2 and week 5 - 3.. So I was happy with that. What do you think a good weight loss is? First week, most ppl varie anyway and at times, the lb's don't shift til the 2nd week. Have a look at ppl's posts and see their losses, you'll get an idea then. I used to have a 1lb or even at the most 4lb a week on WW, but usually i'd STS or loose a lb. With my losses now being so much more, and have lost 18lb.. but also 18 inches too! That makes the difference as well. You'll be fine. xx

Last edited:
I hope so! I've been so good - especially as I've been craving cadbury's all week (my usual totm indulgence!)

Back