totm weigh gain...is it just me??

gg2007

Feeling a bit low this week, its totm and i have put on again!!! (like last time) i know why...cos of STUPID water retention....but i know that other still loose when its totm.

So why do i always put on??....should i up my water intake when its totm...? would that help??

Just makes me feel sad....when i see the scales go up.....:wave_cry: i feel like my efforts have gone to waste.....

Dear gg

Please let me assure you that it is just nature taking its course at TOTM:mad:pesky thing.

I've had a gastric bypass and hardly eat anything and have been experiencing good weightloss.....however TOTM is here for me(although thanks to the merina I no longer have them) and the scales say I have gained 3lbs:eek:

I've been assured by my dietician that it is just water retention and will soon sort itself out;)

I know how disheartening it is but believe me you're not wasting your time....you're doing well and in a few days when its all over you'll notice a bigger difference.:)

Don't give up;)

thanks hun, at least i know its not just me....i think i gear my self up for a loss and then i gain, then get disheartened. i think because i had my first totm on the diet 4 weeks ago, i was kidding myself that this time i wouldnt put on again. (but guess not)

How was your surgery....i was considering having the gastric banding, but thought i would try cd as a last resort. How long did the op last....? soz for all the questions lol xx

Surgery for me was deffo the best choice....I'd tried LL, CD, WW, SW, Atkins infact every diet you can think off.....but it always went straight back on once my asthma took a turn for the worse n I had to go on steroids...which was practically every 6 weeks:(

I haven't looked back since having the op...which was done by keyhole surgery which lasted 5 hours....I was discharged from hospital 2 days later and I've had a fantastic recovery....there are a few hiccups but relatively small compared to what I had prepared myself for.

Its the best thing I've ever done and I don't regret it for a minute.....its not a decision I took lightly but for me it was the right one.

Hope you feel better soon and hey the loss next week will compensate for TOTM gain;)

thanks for answering that hun. and well done on your loss so far!!! you have done brill. :)

i look forward to seeing minus figures next week lol xx

Bloomin' time of the month. I hate it! On every diet I've ever done I always put on when its totm. Don't worry I think it effects everyone... so not only do men get away without that lovely monthly, when their losing weight they get exact weight loss results each week too. Tut :p

Good luck girls :) x

Back